PDA

View Full Version : Catalogue of Albums / Music Files

Chris_S
2015-01-04, 11:38
Apologies if this question has been posted before, and I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

I own a Duet, and am using the current version of LMS. I would like to create a catalogue of my albums / music files that I have on my hard drive. They are all FLAC files, predominantly classical, with some jazz and popular music. I would like to catalogue them with the final aim of producing a printout using a format such as Adobe or a simple spreadsheet. Does anyone know of a suitable free program that will accomplish this?

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance.

Regards,
Chris

get.amped
2015-01-04, 12:21
Apologies if this question has been posted before, and I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

I own a Duet, and am using the current version of LMS. I would like to create a catalogue of my albums / music files that I have on my hard drive. They are all FLAC files, predominantly classical, with some jazz and popular music. I would like to catalogue them with the final aim of producing a printout using a format such as Adobe or a simple spreadsheet. Does anyone know of a suitable free program that will accomplish this?

Regards,
Chris

You may find this thread useful:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101600-LMS-Extractor-Is-Now-Available

boun01
2015-01-04, 17:29

Regards,
Chris

I use the export function in Mp3tag to create a CSV ouput of my musical library then I format it in Excel. The program contains a few queries easily adaptables to yours personal needs. It's free and simple.

Chris_S
2015-01-05, 11:51
Thanks to both get.amped and boun01 for their responses and help.

I'll have a look at both approaches, since I already use Mp3tag to tag my files.

Regards,
Chris