Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eschurr
    • Oct 2005

Pandora app no longer showing on my home screen

I just discovered the Pandora app isn't showing on my home screen (so i can't use the service). Here's what i've done to try and fix it (but with no luck):

1. Verified the plugin is installed and enabled
    2. Went the app gallery and confirmed the configuration of the app
    3. uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, reconfigured it.

i refreshed my display after each step.

My Spotify plug in works fine.

any ideas?

****update 15 mins later****

i tried installing the Sirius XM app and configured it with success. However, it also does NOT show up on my home screen.

i restarted the PC and nothing is different.

any ideas?

thanks.
    Last edited by eschurr; 2015-01-02, 16:39.
  • toby10
    • Jul 2007

Home screen of what? Which player?

Comment

• eschurr
      • Oct 2005

sorry i wasn't clear. the home screen of my web interface, in the Apps section.Click image for larger version

Name:	home screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1557874

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

Pandora app no longer showing on my home screen

Pandora is not available on software players.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• eschurr
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mherger
          Pandora is not available on software players.

--

Michael
          Thank you for your reply.

1. The Pandora used to be available on my web interfce. I've used it countless times
          2. The Sirius XM radio app also does not appear. this makes me wonder if it's a broader issue than Pandora.

i may not have made it clear that I'm using a Squeezebox. i'm just trying to get Pandora to show up on the web interface to my SB.

Neither Pandora nor Sirius XM is showing up under "My Apps" on my SB, either. looks like something is amiss with My Apps in general, but curiously Spotify (the third party Triode plugin) is working

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

probably a DNS/internet problem. Turn off modem, router, computer running LMS (if applicable), and unplug squeezebox players.

1. restart modem, let fully start
            2. restart router, let fully start
            3. reboot computer running LMS and let fully start including LMS starting
            4. plugin SB players.
            Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
            Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
            Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
            The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
            Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
            Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• eschurr
              • Oct 2005

i appreciate your help. I shut down the computer with LMS, turned off the router and modem, restarted modem, restated router, rebooted computer. In the web interface I went to the app gallery, selected the Pandora app, hit "configure" and logged in. It apparently was successful, but i still can't see it in the web control interface (same for Sirius XM). I can see and use the Spotify plugin.

Sure would love some help on this one!

Comment

• garym
                • May 2008

Originally posted by eschurr
                i appreciate your help. I shut down the computer with LMS, turned off the router and modem, restarted modem, restated router, rebooted computer. In the web interface I went to the app gallery, selected the Pandora app, hit "configure" and logged in. It apparently was successful, but i still can't see it in the web control interface (same for Sirius XM). I can see and use the Spotify plugin.

Sure would love some help on this one!
                In the LMS webcontrol interface have you gone into LMS settings and the mysqueezebox.com tab and entered your mysqueezebox.com credentials?
                Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• eschurr
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by garym
                  In the LMS webcontrol interface have you gone into LMS settings and the mysqueezebox.com tab and entered your mysqueezebox.com credentials?
                  that did it! thank you so much.

i've been using various forms of Squeezeboxes for (10?) years and I'm embarrassed to say I've never really understood what Mysqueezebox.com really does.

Comment

• garym
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by eschurr
                    that did it! thank you so much.

i've been using various forms of Squeezeboxes for (10?) years and I'm embarrassed to say I've never really understood what Mysqueezebox.com really does.
                    mysqueezebox.com is LMS server "in the cloud". One can connect to either (1) local LMS or (2) mysqueezebox.com. In the case of local LMS, it does everything mysb.com does *and* can play your local music. But even when connected to local LMS, local LMS needs your mysb.com credentials to make "handshakes" to certain services (like Pandora, siriusXM, etc.).

Comment

Working...