PDA

View Full Version : iTunes playlists won't scan anymore

eschurr
2014-12-31, 14:52
Help! i'm having a party tonight and my LMS won't scan my itunes playlists.

I stumbled across this, so i did some tests:

-- i added some new songs, hit "clear library and rescan everything" and they DO appear in the library list of songs (that's good)
-- i changed some existing playlists, hit "clear library and rescan everything" and the playlists are still in the library but the song changes do NOT appear (that's bad)
-- i add two new playlists (one dynamic and one static), hit "clear library and rescan everything", and the playlists do NOT appear in the library (that's bad)

this was all working fine until today.

something curious i've noticed is that even when the scanner is finished on the general tab it says "scanning...view progress."

Windows 7, LMS 7.7.5, iTunes 12.0.1.26

attached are screen shots of the general and itunes tabs

Would really appreciate some help!1708517084

eschurr
2014-12-31, 15:17
Fixed it! for some reason i discovered two iTunes iTunes Database XML files, one named "iTunes Library" that whose last changed date was weeks ago, and one named "iTunes Music Library" whose last changed date was today. I pointed LMS at the latter and it all works. I don't know why that new file appeared but i'm just glad it's all working.

party on! :)

Help! i'm having a party tonight and my LMS won't scan my itunes playlists.

I stumbled across this, so i did some tests:

-- i added some new songs, hit "clear library and rescan everything" and they DO appear in the library list of songs (that's good)
-- i changed some existing playlists, hit "clear library and rescan everything" and the playlists are still in the library but the song changes do NOT appear (that's bad)
-- i add two new playlists (one dynamic and one static), hit "clear library and rescan everything", and the playlists do NOT appear in the library (that's bad)

this was all working fine until today.

something curious i've noticed is that even when the scanner is finished on the general tab it says "scanning...view progress."

Windows 7, LMS 7.7.5, iTunes 12.0.1.26

attached are screen shots of the general and itunes tabs

Would really appreciate some help!1708517084