PDA

View Full Version : XBMC/Kodi and UE Smart Radio

Toontje
2014-12-22, 10:49
Hi all!

Hi all!

Just received my UE Smart Radio today and i was wondering if it is possible to see my music libraries i have on XBMC/Kodi on the Smart Radio and select and play them from there.

Any ideas how to set that up? Do i have to switch to Squeezebox mode for that? There is the Xsqueeze add-in, but i think that works the other way around, where XBMC will play LMS content.

Thanks,

Ton.

castalla
2014-12-22, 10:57
Hi all!

Hi all!

Just received my UE Smart Radio today and i was wondering if it is possible to see my music libraries i have on XBMC/Kodi on the Smart Radio and select and play them from there.

Any ideas how to set that up? Do i have to switch to Squeezebox mode for that? There is the Xsqueeze add-in, but i think that works the other way around, where XBMC will play LMS content.

Thanks,

Ton.

You have to install uemedia server on a PC (maybe the Kodi one). Configure the UE media server to point to your music library.

If you switch the radio to squeezebox, then you still need to install LMS and configure this to poin to your music library files.

Xsqueeze pick up the info from LMS to play via Kodi. I don't think it'll work with the UE media server.

Toontje
2014-12-22, 11:05
I see in your sig that you have it running on a Raspberry Pi. How does that perform?

castalla
2014-12-22, 12:16
I see in your sig that you have it running on a Raspberry Pi. How does that perform?

It works okay - but then I only have a small music library. Indexing can be slow on the Pi - but if you don't add much new music, then it's adequate.

Toontje
2014-12-22, 13:25
It works okay - but then I only have a small music library. Indexing can be slow on the Pi - but if you don't add much new music, then it's adequate.

Installed it on a Pi. Let's see how it works. My library might be big (not huge though) but will not change a lot, i guess.