PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the bloody ickstream working?

Zombie
2014-12-13, 09:17
Added the repository link in the plugin section. But no ickstream item anywhere.
What now? Do I wait for divine intervention or do I go out on a quest for a magic wand?

Man in a van
2014-12-13, 09:42
Added the repository link in the plugin section. But no ickstream item anywhere.
What now? Do I wait for divine intervention or do I go out on a quest for a magic wand?

go to the wiki and rtfm

pippin
2014-12-13, 11:51
Did you check "enable 3rd party plugins"?
And press "Apply" after adding the repo?
Also: are you sure it was the right repo for your OS?

Zombie
2014-12-14, 06:29
Done all of the above. And today (just because I wrote the post) I had ickstream as an alternative.
The only explanation would be that Santa exists...
But it looks like the interface to Wimp is as primitive as the squeezebox interface, but at least got the local (Swedish) new albums and tracks...search still rudimentary...I'm actually prepared to pay to get an interface like Wimp:s own application, but maybe Santa does not exist.

Man in a van
2014-12-14, 06:43
maybe Santa does not exist.

Well we won't have to look far for the grouchy Grinch :p

Seasonal greetings

Ronnie

erland
2014-12-15, 10:05
search still rudimentary...

In which way, is the the fact that album/artist information isn't included or something else ?

I'm actually prepared to pay to get an interface like Wimp:s own application, but maybe Santa does not exist.

For the Squeezebox integration in the current open beta we are restricted to the user interface layout that's offered by LMS, so if you are looking for a completely different user interface layout I'm afraid there isn't much we can do in the near future but we are still interested to know what you are looking for so we can take this into consideration for our own smartphone apps in the future.

Or are you just looking for extra menus or browse options ? In that case which ones ?

Zombie
2014-12-17, 14:08
I like that the ickstream consider the registration country so I get local new albums and tracks (Swedish), but the list of tracks isn't a playlist, you have to start each track in the list. But there is no play button at Svenskt under ickStream > WiMP > Featured > Svenskt to the right of Tracks.
It would be nice to add Bookmarks too.
The search is primitive, a search for Led Zep gives no result, only the exakt match, but in the WIMP interface the search gives partial matches.

God Jul!

Zombie
2014-12-21, 08:03
Would be nice to have the latest additions to favourites, too.

epoch1970
2014-12-21, 08:12
God Jul!
I thought I'd interject and remind you that posters can go back to their original post, go in edit mode, select advanced editing and then improve on the title of the thread.

Joyeux NoŽl, peace on earth and all that ;)