PDA

View Full Version : Sonos users - does Sonos pick up LMS playlists ?

castalla
2014-12-05, 13:28
Sonos claim that playlists can be accessed by their devices.

Can anyone confirm that their Sonos 'sees' and plays LMS playlists?

philippe_44
2014-12-05, 13:46
Sonos claim that playlists can be accessed by their devices.

Can anyone confirm that their Sonos 'sees' and plays LMS playlists?

I've not tried, but this is probably true if you activate the LMS plugin that turns it into a uPNP server. I've personally taken a different route on my system made of mainly Logitech, but a bit of Sonos and other uPnP players : I've developped this app that turns any uPnp device, including Sonos, into a squeezebox device https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to-uPnP/

castalla
2014-12-05, 13:52
I've not tried, but this is probably true if you activate the LMS plugin that turns it into a uPNP server. I've personally taken a different route on my system made of mainly Logitech, but a bit of Sonos and other uPnP players : I've developped this app that turns any uPnp device, including Sonos, into a squeezebox device https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to-uPnP/

Thanks.

I've looked at your app - but it is so horrendously complicated to implement that I'm lost!

I'm not sure about the LMS/upnp plugin and playlists - they certainly don't appear on any of the upnp clients I've tried.

philippe_44
2014-12-05, 14:08
Thanks.

I've looked at your app - but it is so horrendously complicated to implement that I'm lost!

I'm not sure about the LMS/upnp plugin and playlists - they certainly don't appear on any of the upnp clients I've tried.

ouch ... I'm sorry it looks complicated, this is certainly not the objective. Seriously, for a Sonos system, you have 1 parameter to set, launch it and here you go. There is really nothing to do. I've included a config file that should work with your Sonos. Grab the app from the github site in the bin/ directory (https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to-uPnP/) copy it where ever you want, unzip and copy this config file is in the same directory and start the app - should be all

castalla
2014-12-05, 14:19
ouch ... I'm sorry it looks complicated, this is certainly not the objective. Seriously, for a Sonos system, you have 1 parameter to set, launch it and here you go. There is really nothing to do. I've included a config file that should work with your Sonos. Grab the app from the github site in the bin/ directory (https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to-uPnP/) copy it where ever you want, unzip and copy this config file is in the same directory and start the app - should be all

That sounds good.

So which version would I use for Debian on an arm7 machine?

philippe_44
2014-12-05, 14:57
That sounds good.

So which version would I use for Debian on an arm7 machine?

argh ... I've not compiled it for an ARM device. Linux x86 or Windows. But the very important thing to know is that it DOES NOT NEED to run of the same machine than the LMS server. You can use any computer in your network running Linux or Windows. If it does not work for you, there will be an ARM version at some point, but I'm not there yet, sorry

castalla
2014-12-05, 15:03
argh ... I've not compiled it for an ARM device. Linux x86 or Windows. But the very important thing to know is that it DOES NOT NEED to run of the same machine than the LMS server. You can use any computer in your network running Linux or Windows. If it does not work for you, there will be an ARM version at some point, but I'm not there yet, sorry

I think an arm version would be well-received. Many devices are arm (eg. Raspi, Cubieboard) = it might run on my Openframe Joggler which reports as i686-linux

philippe_44
2014-12-06, 19:52
I think an arm version would be well-received. Many devices are arm (eg. Raspi, Cubieboard) = it might run on my Openframe Joggler which reports as i686-linux

I will do that int he coming weeks - this is probably not too complicated, as the code works on Windows and Linux x86. I've been careful only using portable items (squeezelite, libupnp, pthread ...)

castalla
2014-12-11, 13:46
Just got a Sonos .... impressed ... AND

It does pick up and play LMS playlists if they are located in the NAS shared folder.

And an added bonus - it came with 1 year free sub to Deezer. Which is now also installed on the Squeezeboxes.

Excellent.

(ps: when you've ironed out the bumps in your squeese2upnp app (??!!), I'd like to try it on my Sonos)