PDA

View Full Version : Wireless headphones.

artpayne
2014-12-03, 20:01
Hi all,

I would like to use wireless headphones with my Squeezebox system. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it.

Regards

Art

ButC
2014-12-04, 00:19
Hi all,

I would like to use wireless headphones with my Squeezebox system. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it.

Regards

Art

If you have a Touch, I'd suggest you connect the wireless headphones to it. With the Touch you can keep both the headphones and other equipment plugged in at the same time, and therefore gets a "seamless" switching between them.

toby10
2014-12-04, 04:05
No SB players support BlueTooth audio so you will have to use a wireless audio adapter. I believe some wireless headphones may come with this adapter.
Adapter would plug into the headphone jack (3.5mm stereo mini-plug) then transmit to the headphones.

aubuti
2014-12-04, 12:59
No SB players support BlueTooth audio so you will have to use a wireless audio adapter. I believe some wireless headphones may come with this adapter.
Adapter would plug into the headphone jack (3.5mm stereo mini-plug) then transmit to the headphones.
Judging from the choice of sub-forum, the OP has a Duet. The Duet Receiver has no headphone jack, so the OP would need either to (a) get an adapter cable that runs the analog RCA outputs to a female 3.5mm stereo jack, or (b) plug the wireless headphone adapter into the Duet Controller and activate the beta feature of playback on the Controller.

artpayne
2014-12-04, 16:07
Many thanks for all suggestions. Plenty to think about !!!

Regards

Art

d6jg
2014-12-08, 09:43
What is the Duet connected to? Does it have a headphone out? If so look at either Bluetooth of RF wireless headphones connected to that. The latter space is dominated by Sennheiser.

aubuti
2014-12-08, 14:31
What is the Duet connected to? Does it have a headphone out? If so look at either Bluetooth of RF wireless headphones connected to that. The latter space is dominated by Sennheiser.
D'oh!! Good point -- look a little downstream from the Duet Receiver.

Swiftie
2014-12-09, 00:13
A few points that occurred to me:

If you end up using a BlueTooth Audio Transmitter, then check to see if it can be powered full-time. Most devices charge via a USB cord, but many suspend the bluetooth communications during charging.

I've tried a variety of cordless headphones over the years. I'm currently delighted with my AKG K845's

Isn't there an app that turns a smartphone into a Squeezebox Player? If so, connect your bluetooth phones to your smartphone and you're good to go. Incidentally, I'm curious about this, myself.

d6jg
2014-12-09, 01:56
Funnily enough I am retiring a pair of Sennheiser RS130s (RF wireless cans) in favour of some decent wired cans, an iPod touch, ipeng with play enabled and a Topping NX1 portable headphone amp. See thread in General Discussion.
The RS130s suffer from interference and the on ear volume control is breaking down on the right channel.

Swiftie
2014-12-09, 02:59
Isn't there an app that turns a smartphone into a Squeezebox Player?
I installed the Android SqueezePlayer app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplayer&hl=en_GB) (from Stefan Hansel Solutions) on my Galaxy S4, and a minute or two later I was listening to my Squeezebox via my AKG K845 bluetooth headphones.

aubuti
2014-12-09, 07:13
I installed the Android SqueezePlayer app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bluegaspode.squeezeplayer&hl=en_GB) (from Stefan Hansel Solutions) on my Galaxy S4, and a minute or two later I was listening to my Squeezebox via my AKG K845 bluetooth headphones.
Good point. And iPeng will do the same for Apple devices.