PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox settings have no effect

cunningdavid
2014-12-03, 18:15
I have a Squeezebox 3 which has always had no problems up until now, when I upgraded my laptop from Ubuntu 12 to Ubuntu 14.04.

When I go to the player settings in Logitech Media Server (version 7.8) on the laptop and change any settings they have no effect on the player.

Possibly the same or a related problem is that when I start the Squeezebox playing from LMS the display is supposed to go to 'Now playing', but it does not. The music does start, but the display sits on whatever it was before which is usually 'Music library'.
When I start playing using the Squeezebox's remote control then the display does go to 'Now playing' and shows the information desired.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

mherger
2014-12-04, 00:07
> When I go to the player settings in Logitech Media Server (version 7.8)
> on the laptop and change any settings they have no effect on the
> player.

Make sure your player is connected to your new server, and you're
dealing with the player you think you are.

Check server.log file for potential error messages. Path can be found in
Settings/Information.

--

Michael

cunningdavid
2014-12-04, 00:19
I only have one Squeezebox and one server, so they're definitely the ones I think. The LMS has one device listed in the drop-down "Choose player" list in the top-right.

I checked the LMS log and there's no error messages, other than a bunch of ones about "Artwork resize for music/c84cba7f/cover_50x50_o failed".

It is slightly as if I wasn't changing the settings for the right device, but I don't see how it could be anything other than the one I expect. As I say, when I select on the LMS to play music it does play correctly on the device, just not with the correct 'Now playing' information.

mherger
2014-12-04, 00:32
> It is slightly as if I wasn't changing the settings for the right
> device, but I don't see how it could be anything other than the one I
> expect. As I say, when I select on the LMS to play music it does play
> correctly on the device, just not with the correct 'Now playing'
> information.

What browser are you using? Please check its javascript and/or error
console, too. Try a different browser (and let me know which one didn't
work).

What LMS version are you using?

--

Michael

cunningdavid
2014-12-04, 04:19
I have both Chrome and Firefox on my computer, and both have the same problem. On the javascript console I only get the following error, which I think is because Flashblock is installed.
"NotFoundError: Node was not found"

which refers to line in the code:
var swfobject=function(){var E="undefined",s="object",T="Shockwave Flash",X="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash",r="application/x-shockwave-flash",S="SWFObjectExprInst",y="onreadystatechange", .....

It doesn't feel like a web browser problem. It's capable of telling the Squeezebox to tell the music, so it's more like the Squeezebox isn't or can't get the Now playing information from the LMS. Or else the settings are not saved so it doesn't know it's supposed to be configured to get the Now playing information from the LMS.

The LMS is version 7.8.0:
# dpkg -l logitechmediaserver
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
ii logitechmediaserver 7.8.0 all Streaming Audio Server

Thanks for your help.

mherger
2014-12-04, 04:40
> It doesn't feel like a web browser problem. It's capable of telling the
> Squeezebox to tell the music, so it's more like the Squeezebox isn't or
> can't get the Now playing information from the LMS. Or else the settings
> are not saved so it doesn't know it's supposed to be configured to get
> the Now playing information from the LMS.

Enable debugging for prefs and watch the server.log while you edit changes.

--

Michael

d6jg
2014-12-04, 12:15
Check the Ubuntu networking setup. Correct subnet gateway etc and are you by any chance running ip tables (firewall) for example which the older version didn't have applied?

cunningdavid
2015-01-25, 17:31
For the record, this resolved itself. I'm not sure why but perhaps it was a restart of my computer.