PDA

View Full Version : Radio headphone output quality as line out?

ModelCitizen
2014-12-01, 01:44
Hi,

I need to buy a Squeezebox for my new barn and I'm not sure which one to get. As I use a mobile as controller and already have speakers and an amp in there all I really need is a small black box. But I'm not willing to get another Receiver due to the difficulty of setting them up. The next choice would be a Radio but I'm uncertain if the headphone output makes a good line-out. Does anyone have any idea if both the amplitude and the impedance are the same as the conventional line-outs on the other models?

Any suggestions as to alternative models to look at would be welcome. I've considered the Classic/3 but think I prefer the newer interfaces (without really knowing why). I seem to remember the volume level of the line-out on the Classic was a little low too... and I like some welly with my music. I also need good wireless connectivity as the barn is a bit away from the house

Any help appreciated.

last.fm/user/modelcitizen

garym
2014-12-01, 05:50
Hi,

I need to buy a Squeezebox for my new barn and I'm not sure which one to get. As I use a mobile as controller and already have speakers and an amp in there all I really need is a small black box. But I'm not willing to get another Receiver due to the difficulty of setting them up. The next choice would be a Radio but I'm uncertain if the headphone output makes a good line-out. Does anyone have any idea if both the amplitude and the impedance are the same as the conventional line-outs on the other models?

Any suggestions as to alternative models to look at would be welcome. I've considered the Classic/3 but think I prefer the newer interfaces (without really knowing why). I seem to remember the volume level of the line-out on the Classic was a little low too... and I like some welly with my music. I also need good wireless connectivity as the barn is a bit away from the house

Any help appreciated.

last.fm/user/modelcitizen

why not a used Squeezebox TOUCH instead of radio? easy to setup and uses the new interface.

ModelCitizen
2014-12-01, 06:33
why not a used Squeezebox TOUCH instead of radio? easy to setup and uses the new interface.

Thanks for your reply Gary. I had discounted the Touch as overkill, both in features and price. However, will reconsider if no good alternative. I have a Touch in the house and know the output to be good quality and a decent level. The Radio has the advantage that I can disconnect it from the amp and move it around the place if need be (assuming I get one with a battery).

garym
2014-12-01, 06:37
Thanks for your reply Gary. I had discounted the Touch as overkill, both in features and price. However, will reconsider if no good alternative. I have a Touch in the house and know the output to be good quality and a decent level. The Radio has the advantage that I can disconnect it from the amp and move it around the place if need be (assuming I get one with a battery).

note that whether the radio comes with a battery or not, you can always add a battery to it (either purchased from logitech or 3rd party vendors...just search amazon for logitech radio battery).