PDA

View Full Version : transcode 24/96 for Boom, Radio Settings?

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-30, 05:15
Hi there,
I am sure the info ist out there, but I cannot find it...

Running LMS 7.9 and have a lot of hires files. They play on my Touch etc but not on Radio or Boom.
Where is the setting to transcode the files for devices that cannot handle hires?

Thanks for your help.

jimbobvfr400
2014-11-30, 05:48
Where does your LMS run? It may be if you use an underpowered NAS it hasn't got the guts to do the transcoding.

garym
2014-11-30, 06:36
Where does your LMS run? It may be if you use an underpowered NAS it hasn't got the guts to do the transcoding.

good point. Also, have you ever changed the default settings under LMS > Settings > Advanced > Filetypes? If so, you could have inadvertently turned off the automatic transcoding. Normally this is all automatic and you shouldn't have to do anything for hires files to transcode to something that the radio and boom can play (24/48).

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-30, 09:47
I am running LMS 7.9 on a Wandboard via Triodes SOA .
I have not fiddled with the settings.
Still it is not transcoding.
No idea why. What should the setting be?

garym
2014-11-30, 10:42
I am running LMS 7.9 on a Wandboard via Triodes SOA .
I have not fiddled with the settings.
Still it is not transcoding.
No idea why. What should the setting be?

are the high res files FLAC files? Have you installed EDO or TouchToolBox in the past?

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-30, 10:52
They are flac files and I have not installed those plugins

garym
2014-11-30, 10:58
They are flac files and I have not installed those plugins

I'd post on triode's wandboard thread where he's likely to see this and confirm that the setup can do transcoding for hires files. In the meantime, what happens if you install LMS on a PC or Mac and then copy a few of those files there. When connected to the PC LMS setup, do the highres files play on all your players? If so, that tells me that some software is missing from the wandboard (or the wandboard can't handle the transcoding). As noted some lower power NAS units can't do the transcoding.

Mnyb
2014-11-30, 11:28
A thing to chec is if SoX is innstalled in LMS bin folder .

This can be seen in the file typer settings too . Can SoX be selected for flac transcoding or is this option greyd out .

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-30, 11:46
SoX is selected for Ogg Vorbis - so it seems to be there.
I have DSD player installed, does that change anything?

Mnyb
2014-11-30, 12:06
SoX is selected for Ogg Vorbis - so it seems to be there.
I have DSD player installed, does that change anything?

What are your settings for flac files any transcoding disabled there ?

No the play DSD should not change anything for the worse , rather the opposite you should be able to play DSD files to the boom :)

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-30, 12:27
Flac all normal, set to native. There is no extra setting for down sampling.

Mnyb
2014-11-30, 12:36
Flac all normal, set to native. There is no extra setting for down sampling.

In the flac settings inspelad set PCM to flac too , hopefullynsomeone have a better idea .

There really is no setting for "HiRez resampling " it should just work if SoX is running properly .

However you can see in the server log what it tries to do .
You should have error messages there already .
You can go to the advanced settings for logging and increase the log level for transcoding related stuff press apply for them to take and also tick the little box that makes the log settings stick after next reboot .

Then the log should tell us what LMS tries to do .