PDA

View Full Version : Announcement - ickStream open beta release on Squeezebox !

Pages : [1] 2

remd
2014-11-14, 11:17
We are about to announce the release of ickStream to all Squeezebox users and we are giving anyone who is reading this post on the slimdevices forum the opportunity to try out ickStream ahead of the announcement.

With ickStream you will be able to access a number of additional online music services and radios on your Squeezebox.
We are particularly excited to announce the availability of TIDAL - http://tidalhifi.com - on the Squeezebox exclusively through ickStream. Go grab a trial account here: http://getlossless.com/ , if you don't already have one, and you'll be able to enjoy High Fidelity Music streaming on your Squeezebox!

While ickStream strives to provide access to different music services to enrich users music experience, one aspect we also want to focus on is access to high quality music streaming, especially on home streaming devices like the Squeezebox.
With this initial release we are providing access to nine services, three of them provide access to high-resolution streams: Qobuz, WiMP Hifi, and TIDAL, which has recently launched in the US and UK.

We have decided to release ickStream on the Squeezebox as a Logitech Media Server(LMS) plugin first to support all Squeezeboxes.

Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in this release:
http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox

We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !

For support or to share feedback please visit our forum at: https://forum.ickstream.com

local.bin
2014-11-14, 14:33
Cool thanks, will take a look.

Regards

Edit:

1) How long does it usually take creating an account on the ickstream cloud? (your newsletters get through, but nothing so far, not in spam either) - Edit: Added ickstream to hotmail accepted address and reset password. All sorted now. thanks.

2) Your data policy is a little extensive, is that data open to all at ickstream, or restricted in some way? Do you see username/password for my services for example? Apologies for the blunt question.

3) Trying Tidal on your service and its excellent. Thanks very much. Will try qobuz later.

Thanks.

Furry
2014-11-14, 15:50
Is this supposed to work with a qobuz account yet?

I'm finding it confusing regarding whether I'm logged in as ickstream user or qobuz user; seem to be stuck in circular log-in loop.

Also, I cannot find a way to have devices registered - I'm asked repeatedly to agree with terms of use.

pippin
2014-11-14, 15:55
1) How long does it usually take creating an account on the ickstream cloud? (your newsletters get through, but nothing so far, not in spam either) - Edit: Added ickstream to hotmail accepted address and reset password. All sorted now. thanks.

OK. It should usually only take a few seconds or minutes but e-mails sometimes have relay delays.

2) Your data policy is a little extensive, is that data open to all at ickstream, or restricted in some way? Do you see username/password for my services for example? Apologies for the blunt question.

Well, "all at ickstream" currently isn't too many :) Those who have admin access to the server can see the mail address you used to create the ickStream account, not the account details for connected services.

Whether we have your passwords or not in the database depends on the service (other than with Logitech, BTW, which always connects using your account information IIRC, at least I don't remember ever seeing any oAuth on MySB). Wherever an oAuth authentication is available, we use it. oAuth will not give us the full account information but just the user ID and an authentication handle which then can only be used by ickStream and which you can usually revoke on the service at any time even without ickStream involvement. This is for example what SoundCloud does.
This is also how the login providers we use work. If you login with, say, facebook, we don't get your facebook password but just an e-mail address and the confirmation from facebook that you are correctly logged in through their account.

Others like TIDAL or Qobuz don't use this yet and there we do have to store both username and password to get access.

3) Trying Tidal on your service and its excellent. Thanks very much. Will try qobuz later.

Good to hear that, have fun!

Regarding your earlier question on devices, let me answer although you now removed the question. We don't get any details data from your players, what we store is the player identity. This means: the player name, the MAC and the UUID the player has created. That's how the players are identified in our system.
The idea behind ickStream is to be licensed to vendors and we have to make sure that the beta is not being used commercially, we would not be allowed to do that for all the services provided under the terms of the open beta, vendors will have to use a commercial license for that which has other terms (but then they could also get more services...)

pippin
2014-11-14, 16:01
One comment regarding something that came up on our forum...
There seems to be an issue - it's a bit embarrassing given the fact that we start with some lossless services - that LMS (and other UIs) sometimes show MP3 as the stream format with our streams even when the actual format is FLAC.
This affects both TIDAL and QOBUZ. From what I see the correct format will usually be shown after a while, especially if you play the same track (in the current playlist) a second time.

So don't be too concerned if LMS or the player shows the stream format as "MP3" where you expect FLAC, it's usually indeed FLAC. We have a way to see what's the actual stream in the logs, there's an explanation about how to get this in our forum. We are working on a fix.
It's this old issue that it's actually the server telling the controller or UI what is streaming, the information shown is not what actually reaches the player but what the server thinks it is...

callesoroe
2014-11-14, 16:28
We are about to announce the release of ickStream to all Squeezebox users and we are giving anyone who is reading this post on the slimdevices forum the opportunity to try out ickStream ahead of the announcement.

With ickStream you will be able to access a number of additional online music services and radios on your Squeezebox.
We are particularly excited to announce the availability of TIDAL - http://tidalhifi.com - on the Squeezebox exclusively through ickStream. Go grab a trial account here: http://getlossless.com/ , if you don't already have one, and you'll be able to enjoy High Fidelity Music streaming on your Squeezebox!

While ickStream strives to provide access to different music services to enrich users music experience, one aspect we also want to focus on is access to high quality music streaming, especially on home streaming devices like the Squeezebox.
With this initial release we are providing access to nine services, three of them provide access to high-resolution streams: Qobuz, WiMP Hifi, and TIDAL, which has recently launched in the US and UK.

We have decided to release ickStream on the Squeezebox as a Logitech Media Server(LMS) plugin first to support all Squeezeboxes.

Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in this release:
http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox

We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !

For support or to share feedback please visit our forum at: https://forum.ickstream.com

I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).

pippin
2014-11-14, 16:32
That'S just the login providers. Could it be that you are not in Denmark? I think we only show WiMP there if you are from Denmark or Norway (or maybe not at all? Will have to check tomorrow).

This doesn't mean it's not supported. Just log in with e-mail/password (ickStream cloud login) and then you can select your country and add WiMP, too.

callesoroe
2014-11-14, 16:53
I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).

Have solved it..... clicked on google to come in and add wimp :)

amcluesent
2014-11-14, 18:35
I was looking forward to trying this, but the plugin seems to have got stuck in an endless loop of asking to confirm T&Cs with re-registering players. Trying disable/enable of plugin and restarting LMS

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1408216432 @ Sun Aug 17 04:04:19 CUT 2014
Hostname: Rosaline
Server IP Address: 192.168.2.119
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

pippin
2014-11-14, 18:46
What type of players do you have?
Did it not ask you to create an account or log in?

One more thing: you seem to be using a very old version of LMS 7.9 beta, could you update this to a more recent build?

amcluesent
2014-11-14, 19:26
OK, upgraded LMS and deleted ickstream.prefs to start over, but same result. Using ickStream cloud login

Players are two Booms, Transporter, Touch

I could post ickstream.prefs but not sure what that would disclose...

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1415806553 @ Thu Nov 13 04:05:05 CUT 2014
Hostname: Rosaline
Server IP Address: 192.168.2.119
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

atrocity
2014-11-14, 20:47
There seems to be an issue - it's a bit embarrassing given the fact that we start with some lossless services - that LMS (and other UIs) sometimes show MP3 as the stream format with our streams even when the actual format is FLAC.

Thank you for mentioning that, it's actually what I came here to check. I don't claim my ears can tell the difference, but I was curious. I did suspect I was really getting FLAC because I used my go-to album ("The Dark Side of the Moon") to test for gapless playback and was very happy to hear perfection!

Thank you for all your work!

Grahame
2014-11-14, 21:00
Thanks guys,
Lossless, gapless, synced, multi room goodness, streamed from the cloud, thanks to Tidal -> ickStream -> LMS

Controlled by iPeng

Yay!

pippin
2014-11-14, 21:46
OK, upgraded LMS and deleted ickstream.prefs to start over, but same result. Using ickStream cloud login

Could you tell me exactly what you are seeing in the ickStream settings page?
Do you not even have a login link? Are the players showing as registered or something?

I could post ickstream.prefs but not sure what that would disclose...

There is an "ickstream" folder along with the ickstream.prefs (in the plugin preferences folder) which contains licenses. Could you try to delete that folder, too?

johnas
2014-11-14, 21:59
Nice job guys working great on my server. Nice to see full Featured deezer access with Flow - awesome!

bluegaspode
2014-11-15, 00:33
Congrats on finally releasing what you have been working on for so long!

I'm still hoping that on CES more ickstream based products will be announced at least 😉

toby10
2014-11-15, 02:07
Any idea when you will be offering direct connections to ick by SB players? i.e. No LMS needed? Thanks. :)

amcluesent
2014-11-15, 02:12
There is an "ickstream" folder along with the ickstream.prefs (in the plugin preferences folder) which contains licenses. Could you try to delete that folder, too?

Success. Shutdown LMS, deleted ickstream.prefs AND the folder, restarted LMS, went through the set-up/login to ickstream Cloud and its working :)

remd
2014-11-15, 03:05
Any idea when you will be offering direct connections to ick by SB players? i.e. No LMS needed? Thanks. :)

We have an alpha version of an Applet for SBRadio and SBTouch available for beta users under NDA, but we wanted to prioritize access to all Squeezeboxes and access to services, so we haven't done much development on it lately.

We will get back on it at some point, but don't have an eta for that yet. We'll let you know as soon as we can focus on it again and have a better idea of when we can release it.

Furry
2014-11-15, 03:29
I was looking forward to trying this, but the plugin seems to have got stuck in an endless loop of asking to confirm T&Cs with re-registering players. Trying disable/enable of plugin and restarting LMS

Same here (see post #3).

I'm using LMS 7.8.0. Is this a problem, do I need to upgrade to 7.9?

Edit: I've just upgraded to 7.9.0, and re-installed the plugin, but problems remain.

And, I can't find an ickstream folder anywhere.

erland
2014-11-15, 03:37
We have an alpha version of an Applet for SBRadio and SBTouch available for beta users under NDA, but we wanted to prioritize access to all Squeezeboxes and access to services, so we haven't done much development on it lately.

We will get back on it at some point, but don't have an eta for that yet. We'll let you know as soon as we can focus on it again and have a better idea of when we can release it.

And if any developer in the community who knows lua and a bit of C-programming is willing to help, please let us know.

erland
2014-11-15, 03:41
Same here (see post #3).

I'm using LMS 7.8.0. Is this a problem, do I need to upgrade to 7.9?

7.7 and later should work, I'm using 7.8 in my production setup myself.

Do you get any errors in the LMS server.log file ?
Which operating system are you using LMS on ?
What kind of players are you trying to confirm license for ?

Furry
2014-11-15, 04:10
7.7 and later should work, I'm using 7.8 in my production setup myself.

Do you get any errors in the LMS server.log file ?
Which operating system are you using LMS on ?
What kind of players are you trying to confirm license for ?

I don't see any errors in server.log.
OS is Windows Home Server 2011.
Players: Touch, Radio, Boom, Classic (although it appears to require confirmation for all-at-once, without selection).

As I've said above, I can't find any ickstream folder.

amcluesent
2014-11-15, 04:17
>As I've said above, I can't find any ickstream folder.<

On my Windows 7 install of LMS it's - C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\ickstream

NB up and running with TIDAL on the 7-day trial :)

kidstypike
2014-11-15, 04:39
Working well with Tidal free trial, Win 7, latest LMS 7.9

Furry
2014-11-15, 04:44
>As I've said above, I can't find any ickstream folder.<

On my Windows 7 install of LMS it's - C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\ickstream

My WHS 2011 installation doesn't have a C:\ProgramData folder.

pippin
2014-11-15, 05:04

One thing you need to be aware of is that if you do this, you can not control it through the web interface or Squeezebox controller Apps anymore, at least for the ickStream services.
ickStream is NOT going to be another Squeezebox server, it has it's own control protocol.

Since Squeezeboxes can't run on their own but is controlled through a server (remote control Apps don't talk to the player, but the server) and since we can't get our services in MySqueezebox.com, the only way to have ickStream integrated into a Squeezebox-style system is through LMS.

Just building a complete replacement for MySqueezebox.com doesn't make sense. It would require support of _two_ different protocols (the player and the UI protocol) both of which are stateful so they scale very, very badly. It would be extremely expensive, to begin with, to operate all this, AFAIK Logitech literally runs thousands of server instances to operate all these Squeezeboxes directly connected to MySB.

remd
2014-11-15, 05:05

In WHS programs seem to install in c:\Program Files\.... Logitech Media Server should be in there.
It may be in C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\.... or something similar

pippin
2014-11-15, 05:06

You can find the folder in the Web interface, it's shown as "plugin folder" under "Settings->Information". There will likely be more than one shown there, it's the one that contains the various "<pluginname>.prefs" files.

kidstypike
2014-11-15, 05:06

In Win 7, C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Furry
2014-11-15, 05:13
In Win 7, C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Thanks. Of course it is. Doh. ickstream.prefs now deleted, let's see if that helps...

Edit: no, it didn't. New prefs file does have 'confirmed licences' for LMS, baby, boom (but no Touch, oddly), yet I am still repeatedly asked to agree with terms for all of these.

Also, no devices show up in the Ickstream Music Platform 'Devices' web page.

callesoroe
2014-11-15, 05:13
That'S just the login providers. Could it be that you are not in Denmark? I think we only show WiMP there if you are from Denmark or Norway (or maybe not at all? Will have to check tomorrow).

This doesn't mean it's not supported. Just log in with e-mail/password (ickStream cloud login) and then you can select your country and add WiMP, too.

No I am in Denmark..... But see the next post. Used google and could then add Wimp.

callesoroe
2014-11-15, 05:23
I like the extra possibilities in the Wimp api used in Ickstream. One thing is a little annoying. Album information shows up as a number. This is both in webgui and iPeng8

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 05:34
Hi and congrats on finally starting your service!

I did not do much testing yet, just added my Deezer account information. Wimp failed, but maybe because my subscription expired yesterday...bad timing that.

Just a brief question: Do you plan to support Google Play Music or don't they offer the right kind of API? The reason I ask is, that i'm currently using GPM with the unofficial Hechtus Plugin, and it works quite well, the music selection is great, searches work, auto-webradios are really good and the sound quality is OK, even though it's not ogg/aac/FLAC sadly. However, development on the Hechtus Plugin is very slow and some features are missing/broken and probably won't get fixed anytime soon, especially since his Plugin relies on the unofficial gmusicapi.
So, will we see official support for this service through ickstream?

erland
2014-11-15, 05:34
One thing is a little annoying. Album information shows up as a number. This is both in webgui and iPeng8

It's a bug, we will put it on the list of things to fix.

erland
2014-11-15, 05:36
Do you plan to support Google Play Music or don't they offer the right kind of API?

Google doesn't have any official API yet and as long as that's the case it will be more or less impossible for us to support it officially.

callesoroe
2014-11-15, 05:36
Is it possible to make a Trackstat integration in Ickstream. I have build up a collection of 1800 CD's which then is what you can call my "musical DNA" . It would be nice if you could get the tracks you like from Wimp, put in your dynamic playlists using trackstat . Is that something you will be working on ???

erland
2014-11-15, 05:39
Is it possible to make a Trackstat integration in Ickstream. I have build up a collection of 1800 CD's which then is what you can call my "musical DNA" . It would be nice if you could get the tracks you like from Wimp, put in your dynamic playlists using trackstat . Is that something you will be working on ???

We haven't finalized exactly how dynamic playlists will work but the general idea is that you should be able to mix content from multiple services and local music.

pippin
2014-11-15, 05:49
Thanks. Of course it is. Doh. ickstream.prefs now deleted, let's see if that helps...

The important part was to delete the "ickstream" subfolder in that folder, too.
Do you not have such a folder?

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 05:49
@erland

Thanks. It's a pity Google is being so difficult about this.

pippin
2014-11-15, 05:51
@erland

Thanks. It's a pity Google is being so difficult about this.

Yes. IIRC they announced to provide an API on IO 2 1/2 years ago and never delivered.

callesoroe
2014-11-15, 07:19
We haven't finalized exactly how dynamic playlists will work but the general idea is that you should be able to mix content from multiple services and local music.
That sounds good...... For the moment I start up a dynamic playlist and when about 100 songs is addet, then I add a Wimp playlist and randomize it. Works ok but it is not really "dynamic" .

Mark Miksis
2014-11-15, 07:25
This is very cool. I don't have a use case for ickstream right now, but it's great to see development like this getting released. Congrats guys!

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 09:06
Since I currently can't test Wimp myself (just expired): what are the changes over the MySqueezebox Plugin? Is the skipping within Flac files working? Does Wimp finally have some kind of radio mode? Are the longish delays for starting tracks gone? Any other changes?

Thanks.

Furry
2014-11-15, 10:00
The important part was to delete the "ickstream" subfolder in that folder, too.
Do you not have such a folder?

Yes, I did that too (only had a license folder in it, with some html files in that).

pippin
2014-11-15, 10:00
Seek currently doesn't work, don't know exactly what the issue here is, whether it's something related to the stream or whether the plugin needs changes.

What kind of longish delays are you seeing with the normal WiMP implementation? What I see in ickStream is that sometimes long playlists need a few seconds to load and only start to play then but playback of albums is pretty quick for me, comparable to local albums on my server and skipping between tracks is also comparable to local (FLAC) playback.

There is no radio feature on WiMP/TIDAL that I would be aware of, maybe we'll see an inclusion in SmartMix one day.
We can't really add features to the services which they don't have. Maybe offering own functionality like dynamic playlists, yes, but nothing really service-specific.

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 10:11
Thanks Pippin. The delays are in Wimp on SB, when starting tracks. It never happens in Qobuz, so not related to FLAC, same as the skipping problem.
This means I'll stqy on GPM for now or maybe give Deezer another try. Eventually they might offer their "Elite" service in Europe...

slimhase
2014-11-15, 10:45
Hi;
I just installed the ickstream plugin. It works out of the box - cool!
And thank you and congrats to get it up and running!
I can use it on all my Squeezebox Classics, however - as noted in the ickstream settings - my Squeezeplay software player (which is running on an Openframe Joggler - Atom based & Ubuntu OS) is not supported.
-> Is this a current general issue with Squeezeplayer not beeing supported, or is that a specific issue of my system (Openframe Joggler)?
-> In both cases: Are there plans to support it in the future?

Thanks again, guys!
This hopefully keeps our Squeezeboxen alive for years to come!

Heiner

erland
2014-11-15, 11:07
my Squeezeplay software player (which is running on an Openframe Joggler - Atom based & Ubuntu OS) is not supported.

Could you PM/mail us with some more information about what player this is.
Is it the standard SqueezePlay player provided by Logitech or is it your own player ?
If it's your own player, please PM/mail us some more information about it and specifically which model identifier it uses when registering with LMS.

Furry
2014-11-15, 11:13
Yes, I did that too (only had a license folder in it, with some html files in that).

After repeated deletion of the ickstream.pref and ickstream folder, and restarting and re-trying plugin setup, I have two SB radios registered. But I cannot get my Touch to register.

Edit: After a LMS restart, now back to none of my players being registered.

Edit(2): And now both the SBRs are back to being registered, after much refreshing and 'applying'.

Edit(3): I'm now finding lots of this sort of error in the server log (not only for Touch, but also Radios):

Failed to retrieve application identity: 401 Unauthorized
[14-11-15 18:42:18.3825] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::__ANON__ (239) Failed to get application identity for Squeezebox Touch:
License for Squeezebox Touch has not been confirmed yet, please goto settings page an confirm it
, see settings page for more information

Furry
2014-11-15, 11:51
Also, several of these in the server log:

[14-11-15 18:17:22.0041] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerService::__ANON__ (202) Failed to register player Bedroom Radio in cloud: $VAR1 = {
'jsonrpc' => '2.0',
'error' => {
'data' => 'com.ickstream.protocol.backend.common.InvalidPara meterException',
'message' => 'com.ickstream.protocol.backend.common.InvalidPara meterException: id=68D06A32-7440-4278-A485-AA4DC200BC9C
at com.ickstream.cloud.core.jsonrpc.CoreService.addDe viceForUser(CoreService.java:383)
at com.ickstream.cloud.core.jsonrpc.CoreService.addDe vice(CoreService.java:566)
at com.google.inject.persist.jpa.JpaLocalTxnIntercept or.invoke(JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.java:66)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor598.invoke(Unkn own Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.ickstream.common.jsonrpc.StreamJsonRpcService. invokeMethod(StreamJsonRpcService.java:459)
at com.ickstream.common.jsonrpc.StreamJsonRpcService. handle(StreamJsonRpcService.java:328)
at com.ickstream.common.jsonrpc.HttpJsonRpcService.ha ndle(HttpJsonRpcService.java:74)
at com.ickstream.protocol.backend.common.AbstractClou dServlet.doPost(AbstractCloudServlet.java:118)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:646)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doServ ice(ServletDefinition.java:263)
at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.servic e(ServletDefinition.java:178)
at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.s ervice(ManagedServletPipeline.java:91)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.do Filter(FilterChainInvocation.java:62)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilte r(FilterDefinition.java:168)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.do Filter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilte r(FilterDefinition.java:168)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.do Filter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58)
at com.ickstream.protocol.backend.common.AbstractOAut hAuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AbstractOAuthAuthori zationFilter.java:220)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilte r(FilterDefinition.java:163)
at com.google.inject.persist.PersistFilter.doFilter(P ersistFilter.java:89)
at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilte r(FilterDefinition.java:163)
at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.di spatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:118)
at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(Gui ceFilter.java:113)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBas e.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.p rocess(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnect ionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProce ssor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:315)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
',
'code' => -32001
},
'id' => 1
};

castalla
2014-11-15, 12:06
Is it the standard SqueezePlay player provided by Logitech or is it your own player ?
If it's your own player, please PM/mail us some more information about it and specifically which model identifier it uses when registering with LMS.

Squeezeplay on my Joggler connects fine to a debian arm-based LMS with ickStream installed.

slimhase
2014-11-15, 12:46

PM send:
Hi Erland; as you requested, here some more information:
I am running Squeezeplay and LMS (7.9 from a couple of days ago) on an Openpeak Joggler.
This is a popular Atom based device, which used to be sold by O2 as a 'kitchen online calendar' (mostly in the UK) and it is converted to running Squeezeplay and LMS on Ubuntu.
Maybe one hint: The Device shows up w/ this information in LMS:
SqueezeJoggler
Player-Modell: SqueezePlay
Gerätetyp: OpenFrame1
Firmware: 7.7.2-r9710
IP-Adresse des Players: 172.16.xx.xx MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:58:80:xx:xx:xx

- esp the 'Gerätetyp' was recently added by the said image and this is picked up by LMS

Heiner

Man in a van
2014-11-15, 13:05
Squeezeplay on my Joggler connects fine to a debian arm-based LMS with ickStream installed.

Plugin working here on O2 Joggler, running LMS.

Also using another Joggler running Squeezeplay (Birds on wire)

Tony B and Lade Gaga atm

atb

Ronnie (and many thanks)

rabbits
2014-11-15, 13:06
First, thank you all for providing this service. I can't wait to try it out with Tidal. I've run into a problem though. I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious, but, at the risk of embarrassment, I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm using LMS 8.1 and have a Squeezebox Touch. The computer is a Mac running OSX 10.5. I believe I've correctly installed Ickstream, as it comes up in my LMS advanced setting. But instead of having the opportunity to login, I see only this:

Sort albums for artist: by title
Background daemon port: 9006
Unsupported players: Squeezebox Touch
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

Can anyone point me to what I may doing wrong? Please let me know if more information would be helpful. Thank you.16664

raglencross
2014-11-15, 13:58
I am experiencing heavy buffering playing tracks from TIDAL (FLAC), but not from the other services (MP3) I have tried under ickStream. I am using LMS 7.8.1 running under WHS 2011 with a SB3 as a player. The buffering occurs both on wifi and wired connections. Oddly, it is worse when ethernet is used. I have set the network radio station buffer to the full 30 seconds with no noticeable improvement. My ISP download speed is in the order of 50Mbps and I have no problem with the FLAC stream from TIDAL on several PC's and an iPad. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

erland
2014-11-15, 14:37
I am experiencing heavy buffering playing tracks from TIDAL (FLAC), but not from the other services (MP3) I have tried under ickStream. I am using LMS 7.8.1 running under WHS 2011 with a SB3 as a player. The buffering occurs both on wifi and wired connections. Oddly, it is worse when ethernet is used. I have set the network radio station buffer to the full 30 seconds with no noticeable improvement. My ISP download speed is in the order of 50Mbps and I have no problem with the FLAC stream from TIDAL on several PC's and an iPad. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

We are investigating the TIDAL buffering issue.

slimhase
2014-11-15, 14:51
Plugin working here on O2 Joggler, running LMS.
Also using another Joggler running Squeezeplay (Birds on wire)
atb
Ronnie (and many thanks)

That is odd - where is the difference to my System, where it does not work?

I am running SPOS v3.0.

Here is what my system states - for the SqueezeJoggler

LMS: recent nightly Version 7.9 - running on the joggler as well

How does this compare to your setup, Ronnie?
Heiner

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-15, 14:56
What a shame, I cannot get it to work. Have LMS running on Wandboard via SOA and when I try to register I get a Proxy Error 502:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ickstream-cloud-core/oauth.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at api.ickstream.com Port 443

Is the server down at the moment? Or what could cause this error?

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 14:57
Stopped working here as well, just as I had registered my Deezer subscription. I guess server maintenance or something

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-15, 15:16
Stopped working here as well, just as I had registered my Deezer subscription. I guess server maintenance or something

Ah ok, been restarting and trying like crazy to get it running ;-)
Glad it is obviously a short outage and nothing wrong at my end.

castalla
2014-11-15, 15:29
PM send:
Hi Erland; as you requested, here some more information:
I am running Squeezeplay and LMS (7.9 from a couple of days ago) on an Openpeak Joggler.
This is a popular Atom based device, which used to be sold by O2 as a 'kitchen online calendar' (mostly in the UK) and it is converted to running Squeezeplay and LMS on Ubuntu.
Maybe one hint: The Device shows up w/ this information in LMS:
SqueezeJoggler
IP-Adresse des Players: 172.16.xx.xx MAC-Adresse des Players: 00:58:80:xx:xx:xx

- esp the 'Gerätetyp' was recently added by the said image and this is picked up by LMS

Heiner

I'd suspect the addition of Geratetyp. Unless you didn't use the linux plugin, and chose the arm versions ... ????

pippin
2014-11-15, 15:50
Sorry, service was down. Should be back up now.

That's why we call it a "beta". We will keep improving, promised!

Man in a van
2014-11-15, 15:57
That is odd - where is the difference to my System, where it does not work?

I am running SPOS v3.0.

Here is what my system states - for the SqueezeJoggler

LMS: recent nightly Version 7.9 - running on the joggler as well

How does this compare to your setup, Ronnie?
Heiner

Heiner, this is my LMS

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1411770352 @ Sat Sep 27 04:01:06 UTC 2014
Hostname: openframe

I have the same r9710 firmware

Used

http://repository.ickstream.com/squeezebox/repository-linux.xml

for the install

I know that you have modified the software to display Geratetyp, may be this is causing a problem (just guessing)

atb

Ronnie

roggae
2014-11-15, 15:58
i'm having issues with playback. i keep getting an error that the titles on tidal are "unable to be played" on my SBT. running LMS 7.9. anyone else have this issue? the weird thing is i got it to play some tracks in tidal but not most.

Squeezemenicely
2014-11-15, 16:00
Thanks ickstream is running.

I have a Wimp Hifi sub and am only getting mp3 at the moment. Any ideas?

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 16:11
Apparently just a display error currently. It was mentioned earlier in this thread...
However, some Wimp/Tidal titles are not available as FLAC and they play as mp3, so that might also be part of the problem.

pippin
2014-11-15, 16:31
Yes, we'll try to get that fixed, too, right now you can't really tell at first glance whether a track is mp3 or FLAC unless you look at the logs.
Most tracks TIDAL delivers are FLAC, though.
Often, the track description will change to FLAC after the track was played...

pippin
2014-11-15, 16:45
i'm having issues with playback. i keep getting an error that the titles on tidal are "unable to be played" on my SBT. running LMS 7.9. anyone else have this issue? the weird thing is i got it to play some tracks in tidal but not most.

Do you still see this? Should work again now.

roggae
2014-11-15, 16:57
Do you still see this? Should work again now.

yes, i am.

CommanderROR
2014-11-15, 17:01
I just attempted to use Deezer on ickstream and it failed to play. Msb.com Deezer works. Too tired to check out why right now.

UPDATE: OK, I found it. However, no idea how to fix it. I added my Deezer account to services, but there is no place to put the Deezer Password as far as I can see. That's why it's not working.
So, how do I enter my Deezer account information???

roggae
2014-11-15, 17:20
still getting the same error.

got it working. LMS-settings-advanced-file types-FLAC native-FLAC to PCM.

crystalgipsy
2014-11-15, 17:25
Just installed with no issue on Vortexbox running LMS 7.9. Got trials of Tidal and QOBUZ. But just noticed via Tidal when I check the info for the track playing it says MP3 not FLAC and QOBUZ just fails. How do I know I am getting FLAC in Tidal. I know the album I was playing is FLAC via their own web app.

One question is this going to be a free service to end users or are we going to have to pay for it on top of our subs to the music services or you getting funded by the streaming services? Just don't want to find out I have to pay any more before I decide if subbing to Tidal or Qobuz already have.

garym
2014-11-15, 17:36
One question is this going to be a free service to end users or are we going to have to pay for it on top of our subs to the music services or you getting funded by the streaming services? Just don't want to find out I have to pay any more before I decide if subbing to Tidal or Qobuz already have.

I *hope* we have to pay for ickstream eventually. There is no free lunch and I prefer to have a working system for my streaming devices, even if it costs me a few bucks a month. Ultimately, the developers need to get paid for their job. It is not a hobby. I actually love my job and look forward to going to work. But I wouldn't show up if they quit paying me.

pippin
2014-11-15, 18:00
I just attempted to use Deezer on ickstream and it failed to play. Msb.com Deezer works. Too tired to check out why right now.

UPDATE: OK, I found it. However, no idea how to fix it. I added my Deezer account to services, but there is no place to put the Deezer Password as far as I can see. That's why it's not working.
So, how do I enter my Deezer account information???

With Deezer we use OAuth. You should get a Deezer login screen and then Deezer should let you confirm that you want to grant ickStream access to your account.
If you are already logged into Deezer on your browser the login step might not be required but there should be a confirmation you have to give.

EDIT: If you have granted the access on the Deezer side once (and not revoked it on Deezer), simply adding the Servcie in the ickStream account should be enough.

Could you PM me your ickStream account e-mail so that I can have a loot at the status?

pippin
2014-11-15, 18:01
still getting the same error.

got it working. LMS-settings-advanced-file types-FLAC native-FLAC to PCM.

Yes, we need to add an FAQ to this. You _need_ to have FLAC playback enabled, LMS has no transcoding from FLAC to WAV for streams so if FLAC is disabled it will try to encode mp3 which only works if you've got LAME installed.

FLAC is enabled by default on LMS, though, since that's the default streaming method.

pippin
2014-11-15, 18:11
Just installed with no issue on Vortexbox running LMS 7.9. Got trials of Tidal and QOBUZ. But just noticed via Tidal when I check the info for the track playing it says MP3 not FLAC and QOBUZ just fails. How do I know I am getting FLAC in Tidal. I know the album I was playing is FLAC via their own web app.

Then it will be FLAC unless you have disabled FLAC streaming in Settings->Advanced-File Types->FLAC".
On the ickStream forum there's advice on how you can see the actual stream format in the logs.

We'll fix the wrong display as fast as we can but we haven't really figured out whether it's a problem in the plugin or LMS. What happens is that the default information (MP3) is being used instead of the actual one (FLAC), probably a timing issue.

Well, the business model is to license it to hardware vendors which is one reason why we really limit it to Squeezeboxes and DIY devices for now. For Squeezebox users it's currently free and for now we plan to leave it this way. This could change in the future if for some reason we want to provide content that _we_ have to pay for. An example could be if for some reason Logitech has to pull the support for internet radio (which costs money, at least for some services).

slimhase
2014-11-15, 23:48
Heiner, this is my LMS

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1411770352 @ Sat Sep 27 04:01:06 UTC 2014

I have the same r9710 firmware

Used

http://repository.ickstream.com/squeezebox/repository-linux.xml

for the install

I know that you have modified the software to display Geratetyp, may be this is causing a problem (just guessing)
atb
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie;
thanks for the feedback! (I used the same repository for ickstream app by the way)

Important Note: I DID NOT modify the software to show Gerätetyp! - I use the "std roobarb setup"

The added Gerätetyp info came without modification just by upgrading LMS to a newer Version - which is this one:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1415364188 @ Sat Nov 8 03:57:31 UTC 2014

Before that, I also had a 7.9.0 - 1411.... Version running - similar to yours - and that did not show Gerätetyp.

Would be interesting to see, if this is the issue - that now LMS reports the Gerätetyp and Ickstream does not recognize
"Gerätetyp openframe1", as it only knows "Gerätetyp: squeezebox2" and the like....

Hello Pippin & Erland: Any feedback / ideas on this issue?

erland
2014-11-16, 00:39
Would be interesting to see, if this is the issue - that now LMS reports the Gerätetyp and Ickstream does not recognize
"Gerätetyp openframe1", as it only knows "Gerätetyp: squeezebox2" and the like....

Hello Pippin & Erland: Any feedback / ideas on this issue?

We will have to approve all third party apps that want to integrate with ickStream, the process is as follows:
1. The maintainer/developer of the app need to goto https://developers.ickstream.com and register a developer account and request a new API key
2. For now, the maintainer/developer will have to sign an NDA but in the future this will change so they only have to confirm license terms.
3. After we have approved the API key and configured it for usage with LMS plugin it will start to work

The process might seem a bit formal but it's a measure to ensure that we have contact information to app developers in case we need to reach them and to make sure they understand the license terms.

So, please contact the maintainer and ask him/her to do this and you should soon get access.

As a side note, the "gerätetyp" values for real Squeezeboxes are only possible to use for real Squeezebox hardware, so in this case it's correct that the "gerätetyp" has been changed to a specific value on the app.

Furry
2014-11-16, 01:44
Two of my Radios are registered (and I have managed to play Qobuz to one of them, via Ickstream), but I still cannot get my Touch to register.

I'm still receiving repeated requests to agree to license terms (for all kinds of players, including for the Radio(s) already registered), however many times I refresh, check the box, apply, delete, re-install, and/or restart LMS.

I have also noticed that if I log on to the Ickstream Music Platform using my Ickstream account, then no devices or services are shown. But, if I log on to the IMP using my Qobuz account, then the two radios and the Qobuz service are shown.

Edit: I tried to add services to IMP, whilst logged on with my Ickstream account. I found I was able to add Deezer (with associated identity), but not Qobuz.

Thanks for doing Ickstream, but I'm about to give up on it for now (perhaps give it another go later), unless you can suggest something to try?

erland
2014-11-16, 01:56
Thanks for doing Ickstream, but I'm about to give up on it for now (perhaps give it another go later), unless you can suggest something to try?

Sorry if we've asked this already, but otherwise could you:
1. Enable debug level logging of plugin.ickstream in LMS Settings/Advanced/Logging
2. Goto ickStream plugin settings page and confirm the license
3. PM or mail us the LMS server.log file
4. PM or mail us the ickstream.prefs file

Don't worry, we will get it to work, if you are tired of struggling it might be preferred to wait a few days until we have solved some of the issues reported and then try again.

Furry
2014-11-16, 02:39
Sorry if we've asked this already, but otherwise could you:
1. Enable debug level logging of plugin.ickstream in LMS Settings/Advanced/Logging
2. Goto ickStream plugin settings page and confirm the license
3. PM or mail us the LMS server.log file
4. PM or mail us the ickstream.prefs file

Don't worry, we will get it to work, if you are tired of struggling it might be preferred to wait a few days until we have solved some of the issues reported and then try again.

Thanks. I've done 1. above but, in the meantime I did another plugin uninstall, delete, restart, re-install, and now all 4 of my players are registered, including Touch (so I've also done 2. above).

I have no idea why other than, perhaps, that I logged on first using my ickstream account, and kept agreeing to license terms against that account until I was asked no more. Then I went to the IMP page to add services to that account.

But, while I now have Deezer added (as a service and identity), I cannot add Qobuz. This despite logging on to IMP with Qobuz identity instead, and removing it from here as a service (this is rather confusing; logging on to IMP with a Qobuz identity, and seeing Qobuz as a service there). Edit: perhaps unsurprisingly, when I log out and back on using Qobuz identity, I find that the Qobuz service / identity has not, actually, been deleted.

Deezer now also appears under ickstream in the LMS page. However, I cannot actually play anything from Deezer (gettrackfailed...; perhaps to do with my free Deezer account in some way?).

Furry
2014-11-16, 03:39
But, while I now have Deezer added (as a service and identity), I cannot add Qobuz. This despite logging on to IMP with Qobuz identity instead, and removing it from here as a service (this is rather confusing; logging on to IMP with a Qobuz identity, and seeing Qobuz as a service there). Edit: perhaps unsurprisingly, when I log out and back on using Qobuz identity, I find that the Qobuz service / identity has not, actually, been deleted.

I tried logging on to IMP with Qobuz identity, and adding my ickstream identity there. This didn't in any way 'join' ickstream and Qobuz accounts / identities to allow Qobuz to show up in what I've assumed is the 'principal' ickstream account, so then I deleted the ickstream account / identity again, from there.

This appeared to have deleted my original ickstream account altogether, so I 'registered' again, with original logon details. I now have an ickstream account with no devices shown - even though they're still shown as registered to that account in the LMS plugin page.

I can't help feeling that the whole area of account / service creation, and registering / logging on, has some very odd issues, regarding what's associated with / part of what etc.

Bluedroog
2014-11-16, 09:14
Great app, many thanks.

I am having one issue though and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I set up Ickstream via LMS on my laptop and listened to Tidal on my SBT, can I get the app working when I'm on mysqueezebox.com rather than a server? I used Spotify this way normally, thanks.

Edit: Also Tidal just isn't playing through it at all now, same thing happened last night after I played a few songs and know this happened to a few people at the same time.

atrocity
2014-11-16, 10:24
It's working great for me, thanks!

My only complaint--and I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is on Tidal's side--is that the track order for multi-disc sets can be pretty chaotic:

pippin
2014-11-16, 10:40

My only complaint--and I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is on Tidal's side--is that the track order for multi-disc sets can be pretty chaotic:

Note taken :)

pippin
2014-11-16, 10:43
I am having one issue though and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I set up Ickstream via LMS on my laptop and listened to Tidal on my SBT, can I get the app working when I'm on mysqueezebox.com rather than a server? I used Spotify this way normally, thanks.

Edit: Also Tidal just isn't playing through it at all now, same thing happened last night after I played a few songs and know this happened to a few people at the same time.

You can't use it through MySqueezebox.com, MySqueezebox.com only contains the services Logitech has implemented. That's why Spotify works there.
You need the server for ickStream (unless you use an ickStream player and controller, but these are only in closed beta, yet).

pippin
2014-11-16, 10:45
I tried logging on to IMP with Qobuz identity, and adding my ickstream identity there. This didn't in any way 'join' ickstream and Qobuz accounts / identities to allow Qobuz to show up in what I've assumed is the 'principal' ickstream account, so then I deleted the ickstream account / identity again, from there.

This appeared to have deleted my original ickstream account altogether, so I 'registered' again, with original logon details. I now have an ickstream account with no devices shown - even though they're still shown as registered to that account in the LMS plugin page.

I can't help feeling that the whole area of account / service creation, and registering / logging on, has some very odd issues, regarding what's associated with / part of what etc.

I don't fully understand... what do you have under "Services" in your account now?
Could you try to "refresh" your account in the LMS plugin's setting?

It could be that you deleted the original account (although you should not be able to do that yourself, yet) and then created another one which is now not connected to the LMS plugin.
Could you PM me the mail address you used?

mklein511
2014-11-16, 11:29
I solved an issue I had with Tidal dropouts, every 2 seconds and have streaming working well.

I have a problem with navigation on tidal through LMS where only the first 10 artists show, and I have very limited display of options under other menus as well. Any suggestions?

Bluedroog
2014-11-16, 12:06
You can't use it through MySqueezebox.com, MySqueezebox.com only contains the services Logitech has implemented. That's why Spotify works there.
You need the server for ickStream (unless you use an ickStream player and controller, but these are only in closed beta, yet).

Thanks for confirming, I have a Raspberry Pi I can use so no biggie.

gocubs42
2014-11-16, 12:13
Need some help I’m an IMac user on 10.10. Trying to set-up ickstream. When I go to LMS in system preferences/advanced and click advanced settings. I get a blank screen. Any thoughts? how do I get to the proper settings?

TimT
2014-11-16, 14:15
My Touch and SBR registered. I added the Calm Radio and UberStations services. Calm Radio plays, but at double-speed! In UberStations, local HD3 stations also play double-speed. The non-HD stations play normally.

Many thanks for giving us ickStream. What a nice gift for us Squeezebox users!

crystalgipsy
2014-11-16, 14:26
Then it will be FLAC unless you have disabled FLAC streaming in Settings->Advanced-File Types->FLAC".
On the ickStream forum there's advice on how you can see the actual stream format in the logs.

We'll fix the wrong display as fast as we can but we haven't really figured out whether it's a problem in the plugin or LMS. What happens is that the default information (MP3) is being used instead of the actual one (FLAC), probably a timing issue.

Well, the business model is to license it to hardware vendors which is one reason why we really limit it to Squeezeboxes and DIY devices for now. For Squeezebox users it's currently free and for now we plan to leave it this way. This could change in the future if for some reason we want to provide content that _we_ have to pay for. An example could be if for some reason Logitech has to pull the support for internet radio (which costs money, at least for some services).

Thanks. I have it set it FLAC in settings so look forward to the fix in the future.

pippin
2014-11-16, 14:57
My Touch and SBR registered. I added the Calm Radio and UberStations services. Calm Radio plays, but at double-speed! In UberStations, local HD3 stations also play double-speed. The non-HD stations play normally.

Many thanks for giving us ickStream. What a nice gift for us Squeezebox users!

Which player is this? Double speed really sounds like a codec problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pippin
2014-11-16, 14:58
Need some help I’m an IMac user on 10.10. Trying to set-up ickstream. When I go to LMS in system preferences/advanced and click advanced settings. I get a blank screen. Any thoughts? how do I get to the proper settings?

Which server version is this? Is this already one compatible with Yosemite? Did you clear the browser cache after updating LMS?

pippin
2014-11-16, 15:00
I solved an issue I had with Tidal dropouts, every 2 seconds and have streaming working well.

I have a problem with navigation on tidal through LMS where only the first 10 artists show, and I have very limited display of options under other menus as well. Any suggestions?

How did you solve the problem? Proxied streaming?
Also: which UIS do you use that only shows 10 items?

gocubs42
2014-11-16, 16:05
Which server version is this? Is this already one compatible with Yosemite? Did you clear the browser cache after updating LMS?

I'm on 7.9 and have cleared the cashe....thanks

pippin
2014-11-16, 16:25
So... Did that help? I mean, if I understand you correctly you can't access the server settings at all?

roggae
2014-11-16, 18:08
is something down? my tidal isn't loading through the ipeng app. was working fine an hour ago.

TimT
2014-11-16, 19:24
Which player is this? Double speed really sounds like a codec problem.

Squeezebox Touch.

If it's a codec problem, can someone help me with a fix, please?

pippin
2014-11-16, 19:49
is something down? my tidal isn't loading through the ipeng app. was working fine an hour ago.

Should work again.

gocubs42
2014-11-17, 05:22
So... Did that help? I mean, if I understand you correctly you can't access the server settings at all?

No sorry it did not help...I was saying thanks for the effort nothing has changed

local.bin
2014-11-17, 06:22
OK. It should usually only take a few seconds or minutes but e-mails sometimes have relay delays.

Well, "all at ickstream" currently isn't too many :) Those who have admin access to the server can see the mail address you used to create the ickStream account, not the account details for connected services.

Whether we have your passwords or not in the database depends on the service (other than with Logitech, BTW, which always connects using your account information IIRC, at least I don't remember ever seeing any oAuth on MySB). Wherever an oAuth authentication is available, we use it. oAuth will not give us the full account information but just the user ID and an authentication handle which then can only be used by ickStream and which you can usually revoke on the service at any time even without ickStream involvement. This is for example what SoundCloud does.
This is also how the login providers we use work. If you login with, say, facebook, we don't get your facebook password but just an e-mail address and the confirmation from facebook that you are correctly logged in through their account.

Others like TIDAL or Qobuz don't use this yet and there we do have to store both username and password to get access.

Good to hear that, have fun!

Regarding your earlier question on devices, let me answer although you now removed the question. We don't get any details data from your players, what we store is the player identity. This means: the player name, the MAC and the UUID the player has created. That's how the players are identified in our system.
The idea behind ickStream is to be licensed to vendors and we have to make sure that the beta is not being used commercially, we would not be allowed to do that for all the services provided under the terms of the open beta, vendors will have to use a commercial license for that which has other terms (but then they could also get more services...)

Thanks for the detailed answers, appreciated.

Typical the too I use and they both need open passwords, ho hum :) I have no issue by the way, I just like to know what data is exposed and what is not. I'd prefer those details to be encrypted of course, but its clearly not in your interests to use this data with all the work you have put into ickstream so far. Again no offence meant or implied.

Ok thanks for answering the question I removed. I assumed the data for the device was required for me to use your services so later felt it was not so much an issue, which is why I removed it. Certainly now you have explained it, it seems its the minimum information you need to identify the deice and allow me to use the service.

Again, thanks for the teams efforts and opening it up to users as a plugin.

pippin
2014-11-17, 06:50
No sorry it did not help...I was saying thanks for the effort nothing has changed

But was my understanding correct that you can't access the server settings at all? That's a server issue then, maybe someone in the LMS part of the forum can help better with this, I don't really know what could cause it.

gocubs42
2014-11-17, 07:08
But was my understanding correct that you can't access the server settings at all? That's a server issue then, maybe someone in the LMS part of the forum can help better with this, I don't really know what could cause it.

That is correct when I'm in LMS click advanced tab then Advance settings a blank screen. So I was thinking of uninstalling LMS 7.9 then a reinstall but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this within Yosemite.....Frustrating

pippin
2014-11-17, 07:09
I assume that's the very latest 7.9 nightly build?

gocubs42
2014-11-17, 09:17
I assume that's the very latest 7.9 nightly build?

correct

callesoroe
2014-11-17, 14:43
That is correct when I'm in LMS click advanced tab then Advance settings a blank screen. So I was thinking of uninstalling LMS 7.9 then a reinstall but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this within Yosemite.....Frustrating

Can be browser related. Have you tried with another browser ?

gocubs42
2014-11-17, 16:25
Can be browser related. Have you tried with another browser ?
I liked the idea of another browser, set my default to Chrome....and no go same thing....I just knew that would work but no good....

pippin
2014-11-17, 16:50
Have you asked in the LMS sub forum? I don't want to kill this off but this is clearly not an ickStream issue and I don't want to discuss too many non-ickStream issues here since people will come here if they have issues with ickStream.

I'll keep an eye on the discussion in the other forum, too.

sinking_fast
2014-11-17, 17:16
Real happy to see this show up so soon after Tidal's roll out. Very nice!

Having trouble getting Tidal working with ickStream. Went through the installation and configuration steps outlined in the wiki and everything was pretty straightforward and worked without issue. Added Calm Radio, UberStations, Radionomy and Tidal. Plugin page is showing all players and logins. Ickstream services page is showing all added services. When I drill down through LMS plugin Ickstream, Tidal is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions on where I'm messing up?

pippin
2014-11-17, 18:20
Is your player shown in "Settings->Advanced->ickStream" in the web interface under "Registered players"?

erland
2014-11-17, 21:42
To those that aren't reading our own forum att http://forum.ickstream.com and already now about this.
We will do some maintenance during next hour and temporarily take down the service, sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

erland
2014-11-17, 23:11
To those that aren't reading our own forum att http://forum.ickstream.com and already now about this.
We will do some maintenance during next hour and temporarily take down the service, sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Maintenance work is now finished and service should be available again, see our own forum at http://forum.ickstream.com for more information about the changes.

mherger
2014-11-18, 01:48
> We'll fix the wrong display as fast as we can but we haven't really
> figured out whether it's a problem in the plugin or LMS. What happens is
> that the default information (MP3) is being used instead of the actual
> one (FLAC), probably a timing issue.

I think it's a problem with LMS I faced when implementing FLAC streaming
for WiMP, too. Somewhere deep inside LMS' streaming code it's initially
using the file extension to guess the file type. Lack of extension it
might fall back to mp3. I think I had to change my code to always return
the correct extension.

I thought I had some exchange about this with Erland before :-).

--

Michael

gocubs42
2014-11-18, 05:33
Have you asked in the LMS sub forum? I don't want to kill this off but this is clearly not an ickStream issue and I don't want to discuss too many non-ickStream issues here since people will come here if they have issues with ickStream.

I'll keep an eye on the discussion in the other forum, too.

yea, I agree I will move the discussion over there thanks for the effort...let's hope

sinking_fast
2014-11-18, 07:23
Is your player shown in "Settings->Advanced->ickStream" in the web interface under "Registered players"?

Hello pippin, yes, I have two players showing in Settings > Advanced > ickStream. The two players work great with the services appearing in ickStream. Baffled why Tidal is not showing up. :confused:

pippin
2014-11-18, 07:52
Hello pippin, yes, I have two players showing in Settings > Advanced > ickStream. The two players work great with the services appearing in ickStream. Baffled why Tidal is not showing up. :confused:

You mean it's _only_ TIDAL?
And you did register your TIDAL account in ickStream?

Sorry if I'm repeating questions, just trying to keep up with a lot of conversations at the same time right now...

sinking_fast
2014-11-18, 09:20
You mean it's _only_ TIDAL?
And you did register your TIDAL account in ickStream?

Sorry if I'm repeating questions, just trying to keep up with a lot of conversations at the same time right now...

Correct, just Tidal. I've gone through the add services, Tidal, entered username and Password. It shows as added in the cloud.ickstream.com services but it's not showing when I open LMS > My Apps > ickStream

sinking_fast
2014-11-18, 09:28

Apologies, I re-read your question above. The players are appearing under "Remotely controllable players" but under "Registered Players" they are not showing up.

pippin
2014-11-18, 10:15
OK. Do their names contain an apostrophe (')?
We've got a bug with that, will roll out a fix tonight.

sinking_fast
2014-11-18, 14:12
OK. Do their names contain an apostrophe (')?
We've got a bug with that, will roll out a fix tonight.

No apostrophe's but did have spaces in the names (i.e. Player One, Player Two). Maybe coincidence but I removed the spaces and also removed ickstream.prefs in /plugin - accessToken in the original file was garbled. Restarted everything and the devices, and Tidal, now appear where needed and work.

Thank you for your help!

ab.wagener
2014-11-20, 04:53
Yesterday I installed the ickstream plugin in my LMS without any problems. Then I got a test account from qobuz - Tidal refused to give me one because I'm german. I can now play Qobuz albums, but only the first album from a list. I go into the WebGui from LMS to:
Home->IckStream->Qobuz-> Best Selling-> Jazz and see a list of albums. Only the first album I can play, all other seems to be empty - a click on it gives no information about the tracks.

Bernd

Mnyb
2014-11-20, 06:27
Yesterday I installed the ickstream plugin in my LMS without any problems. Then I got a test account from qobuz - Tidal refused to give me one because I'm german. I can now play Qobuz albums, but only the first album from a list. I go into the WebGui from LMS to:
Home->IckStream->Qobuz-> Best Selling-> Jazz and see a list of albums. Only the first album I can play, all other seems to be empty - a click on it gives no information about the tracks.

Bernd

Yes but should you not use WIMP in Germany https://wimp.de/ ? Wimp hifi is the lossles version .

Tidal is wimp rebranded for the english speaking market , some marketting guru thouth the wimp name unsuitable ......

pippin
2014-11-20, 08:20

Thanks, I can confirm that. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't that way yesterday, we'll look into it.
Sorry for now.

EDIT: This only seems to affect the "hot" and "recommended" ect. categories (bad enough), your own library and search should work.

ab.wagener
2014-11-20, 09:15
Yes but should you not use WIMP in Germany https://wimp.de/ ? Wimp hifi is the lossles version .

Tidal is wimp rebranded for the english speaking market , some marketting guru thouth the wimp name unsuitable ......

I have now a WIMP account, but if I try to add WIMP as an IckeStream service, I get a window with:

"Welcome to IckStream!
Login or sign-up below:
Deezer Facebook Google+ IckStream Cloud Qobuz Tidal"

thats all, WIMP is missing, but I'm shure, I have seen WIMP on this page today morning.

Update: Sorry for this post, I managed to add WIMP via IckStream Cloud.

Bernd

RonM
2014-11-20, 12:27

"Ickstream" could be next, even less suitable than "wimp", in English.

callesoroe
2014-11-21, 08:31
It seems like I get mp3 when playing Wimp through Ickstream ???? I have a Wimp-hifi subscription in Denmark...

pippin
2014-11-21, 08:38
No, you are not. It's a display error, it's been discussed in this thread a few times, please have a look at the earlier discussions here.
We are working on getting a better display.

johnaugust
2014-11-22, 17:42
I have spent a lot of time now trying to find out how to install the ickStream plugin. I have read most of this thread as well as the squeezebox thread on the ickStream forum. I can find nowhere to download the plugin. It is not in the plugin list in my Logitech Media Server Version 7.7.2 r33893. Please help!

Thanks,
John

pippin
2014-11-22, 18:00
Here is the guide:
http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox_Installation

Paste the repo URL for your server (it depends on the OS and hardware) into "Settings->Plugins->Additional Repositories" and press "Apply". The plugin will then show up and you can install it like all other plugins.
You might also have to enable 3rd party plugins on the settings page.

johnaugust
2014-11-22, 20:05
Thank you!

Mnyb
2014-11-23, 07:02
Trying out some of the things .

If would like to report some issues .

I've sucesssfully created a login at your forum but i cant log in to post ?

On the UberStations we have a lot of stations having ##Unable-to-Display## as name ? I found a whole lot of them in local stations .

Calm Radio does not work particulary well .

Glitchy to start playback it works best with my boom , you have to try several times before you get audio not just the picture and time progressing .

None of the Atmospheres work at all (the nature sounds ).

And good luck with your new venture :)

Mnyb
2014-11-23, 07:09
Rad.io seems equally broken for me .

UberStations and Radionomy seems to be the working radio options for now , keep them comming .

jimmypowder
2014-11-23, 08:58
I have noticed that when I view the my artists in Tidal that only the artists A through B show up .
I flushed the cache on ipeng, that did not help .

I can press the empty spaces and bring up the artists though ,but of course you have no idea what your gonna get

pippin
2014-11-23, 11:50
Is this your own artist library or which menu do you use? How many artists do you have in there?

jimmypowder
2014-11-23, 13:02
Is this your own artist library or which menu do you use? How many artists do you have in there?
I am using Tital's artist section . I have about 100 artists saved . Only a few show whether using ipeng,squeeze pad or orangesqueeze .

Here's a photo of the cutoff . If I press the blank areas an artist will come up .

jimzak
2014-11-23, 15:32
I have tried repeatedly to get this plugin installed correctly.

Only one player of many (a Boom) shows up in the list of registered devices on the ickstream website.

I have tried installing it multiple times after deleting the ickstream folder and .prefs file.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit on my LMS computer with the lastest nightly for 7.9.

I see many people are successful and wondering why I'm not.

Thanks.

pippin
2014-11-23, 16:00
When was the last time you tried it?
Which player models do you use? What does "Settings->Advanced->ickStream" tell you, does it ask you to still confirm a license?

Could you PM me your account e-mail?

We did originally have issues with players that have names that include an apostrophe (') or accented characters (actually I believe the version with that problem never got rolled out so maybe forget that point). But the latest plugin versions (since Thursday or so) should no longer have issues with this.

krochat
2014-11-24, 13:32
ickstream seems to be messing up the track order on certain Tidal albums.

This is what I'm seeing:
1) in Tidal app, add "Chicago Pro Musica - The Medinah Sessions" to favorite albums.
2) On my Squeezebox Touch, navigate MyApps->ickstream->Tidal->albums->"The Medinah Sessions"
3) right arrow one more time to get the tracklist.

If you go to track 1-11, then 2-1 follows, then 1-12, then 2-2, then 1-13, and so on for a few more tracks.

These are out of order from the tracklist listed in the Tidal app - check the track titles to see the problem.
I noticed this on Reference Recordings 2-CD releases where the track numbers start over in the middle of the album.

Thanks,
Kim

pippin
2014-11-24, 17:47
Yes, that seems to be an issue with multiple disc albums. We are working on it.

ian_heys
2014-11-25, 04:16
I may not be doing this in the approved manner so please put me right if I am not.

When searching an Artist is it possible to have the Artist "Main Album" view on the ickStream Tidal plugin. This is available on the Tidal Web Player.

Further, after searching an Artist, if you do click on a compilation album and drill down, the track artists are not then visible and one has to try each track out in turn to find the artist. Again this is available in the Tidal Web Player.

remd
2014-11-26, 10:59

Only one player of many (a Boom) shows up in the list of registered devices on the ickstream website.

I have tried installing it multiple times after deleting the ickstream folder and .prefs file.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit on my LMS computer with the lastest nightly for 7.9.

Thanks.

We have just released an update of the ickStream plugin which fixes this issue some Windows users were having.
To update the plugin go to Settings, Plugins, check the ickStream plugin and apply.

If that isn't enough erase the ickstream folder and ickstream.prefs file (usually in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin ) and restart lms.

And make sure your ickstream cloud account is shown under "ickStream Music Platform Service" in the ickstream settings tab in lms, else click on the link to link lms to the account.

Hope it helps !

ian_heys
2014-11-27, 02:20
Further testing with the ickStream Tidal plug-in.

I see that Tidal presents some Albums in it's Web View that are up-coming but not yet available and all the tracks are greyed out.

These appear in the ickstream UI without comment and lead to unneccessary sound card testing/rebooting etc when trying to play them.

eg the album The Billy Fury Story, but I'm sure there are many.

ismarketing
2014-11-28, 11:47
Up and running in 15 minutes on my two radios and a touch. Thanks for your wonderful work!

jimzak
2014-11-28, 14:07

Thanks.

The new version worked perfectly on my setup.

Thanks and nice job.

axelwin
2014-11-30, 03:29
Hello, just test this plugin with Qobuz.
2 points to improve to be at same level than existing Qobuz plugin :
- Albums ("favoris") limited to 75 last entries (strange because no limitation with previous Qobuz plugin)
- how to add/save an album in "Qobuz favoris" from ipeng with ickstream plugin (possible with previous qobuz plugin)

2 additional points expected :
- any option to choose ordering of displaying results / favoris in Ipeng ? (New to old entries / alphabetical order with artist or album)
- improve search results with Qobuz (hopping that improvment on qobuz side expected by mid december will solve the problem...)

herve
2014-12-01, 04:53
Hello, testing the qobuz plugin. There is an annoying little bug, tracks do not belong to the album selected.
Qobuz > most featured > electro
Only the first album works.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/9da2febd02eed2b9ba7a6e02d1ffb785.jpg

Thanks for your great job.

pippin
2014-12-01, 13:04
You mean these are tracks from a different album? The first one?

herve
2014-12-01, 13:33
The album cover is the right one but not the tracks. The only album without this issue was the first one on the list.
Hope it helps.

netchord
2014-12-02, 05:25
just got Tidal up and running- great work all.

I'm also a Qobuz subscriber. is there any reason i should prefer using Qobuz via ickStream vs the stand alone Qobuz plugin?

atrocity
2014-12-02, 08:25
I'm not sure if this is an ickStream bug, a Tidal limitation or just something that needs to be lived with, but I thought I'd mention it in case the behavior can be changed.

When playing tracks from Tidal, pausing or turning off the player (at least for an extended period of time) results in the track not playing all the way through once playback is restarted. The song will continue for a while, then at some point will jump to the next track before it's finished.

My assumption is that the buffer stops filling once playback is halted and does not continue for the current track when restarted. Instead, the next track begins buffering and as soon as the current track's data is exhausted, the next track plays.

That aside, I've generally found Tidal via ickStream to be much more stable and reliable than Rhapsody ever was for me.

remd
2014-12-02, 12:24
just got Tidal up and running- great work all.

I'm also a Qobuz subscriber. is there any reason i should prefer using Qobuz via ickStream vs the stand alone Qobuz plugin?

I guess this depends on what you are using most in Qobuz. Both apps have mostly the same menus available, there are however a couple of different menus, so you could use one or the other depending on what you are looking for.

That said on the longer run the ickStream app will get fine tuned to be at production quality for other hardware, so it will definitely improve.
And it could be useful to have your different accounts at one place and access them through one app.

coffee_addict
2014-12-04, 11:20
Will Spotify Premium be supported at some point?

Thanks

pippin
2014-12-04, 12:08
Will Spotify Premium be supported at some point?

Thanks

We will have to see. We didn't consider it very urgent right now since there is the 3rd Party Plugin which works fine and since you need the server for ickStream, too (with a Squeezebox) it wouldn't make much of a difference, yet.

Webkemmi
2014-12-05, 03:24
How can I create a Tidal trial account?
If I enter my mail address on http://getlossless.com I just can join the Tidal mailing list - see screenshot.
I already installed the ickstream Plugin on my LMS 7.9 but since I do not get any Tidal credentials, I can't give it a try.

Thanks
Stefan

johnas
2014-12-05, 03:43
How can I create a Tidal trial account?
If I enter my mail address on http://getlossless.com I just can join the Tidal mailing list - see screenshot.]

Hi, Tidal is only available in UK and USA. If you live in Germany you can't get it yet.

mherger
2014-12-05, 04:15
> Hi, Tidal is only available in UK and USA. If you live in Germany you
> can't get it yet.

Just use WiMP Hifi instead.

--

Michael

pippin
2014-12-05, 05:24
WiMP HiFi is the sam thing as TIDAL, just different brands for different markets

Vegz78
2014-12-07, 15:15
Hi,

Just installed Ickstream beta and really like the layout of the Wimp service! I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Ickstream initiative will turn out to be. I hope it will keep all my Squeezebox devices(one in every room, radios and touch) alive for a very long time after Logitech pulls the plug completely, also without a local server. Nice work!

However, when trying to play music on the Wimp service through Ickstream, I get the error message "Gettrack failed" and no sound, it just iterates to the end of the playlist with the same error message for each track. It's the same behaviour on my NAS with an ARM LMS 7.7.3 build and my Windows media server with a LMS 7.9 build.

I have a regular premium Wimp subscription through one of the Norwegian cable companies without HIFi, if that has something to do with the error?(planning to upgrade the cable subscription with HIFI soon)

Does anyone have any idea about what this issue might be and how to fix it?

Keep up the good work!

Vegard

pippin
2014-12-07, 19:17
Could you please try again now.

coffee_addict
2014-12-08, 10:38
For a streaming service, Spotify Premium is probably all I want. So I'd like to continue to use Spotify & my personal library of audio files with the 5 Squeezebox players I have. I'm trying to determine if I need or want Ickstream to support this in the future. Yes Spotify Premium plugin works ok (although it seems to hang if turn on too many Squeezebox players - all are synchronized).

Give me a reason to use ickStream :-)

We will have to see. We didn't consider it very urgent right now since there is the 3rd Party Plugin which works fine and since you need the server for ickStream, too (with a Squeezebox) it wouldn't make much of a difference, yet.

Vegz78
2014-12-08, 13:00
Could you please try again now.

Still an error: "Gettrack failed in getitemstreamingref"

Vegard

pippin
2014-12-08, 14:24
Does this happen with all albums? Could you check for errors in your server.log? And maybe pm me your email address (of your account)

DanSmedra
2014-12-10, 08:04
Give me a reason to use ickStream :-)

Several factors need consideration. If you're streaming into a quality (higher fidelity) audiophile system, TIDAL via ickStream, makes a noticeable difference.

Select the same tract of music and then listen at 192, 320, & 1411kbps. While we have eclectic musical tastes, my wife is blown away listening to female vocal artists. They're preforming right in our living room. ;)

boardtc
2014-12-11, 03:47
Hi, thanks for this plugin. I had been using the deezer plugin which was installed by default. Having the ability to be able to search now without going to a computer first to add an album is a nice addition!

It's still a lot of scrolling to locate an album in deezer if you have a lot added. Deezer's new design allows one to show albums in descending order of most recently added. Would there be any chance of adding this feature to the plugin? It would be a real nice usability addition!

erland
2014-12-11, 23:27

Is the multi disc album track order still incorrect ?
I tried the "The Velvet Underground & Nico 45th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition)" album you showed in the screenshot and it now looks fine to me.

peeter
2014-12-12, 05:21
I have this exact same problem - also on OS X 10.5. Is it an OS X issue? Or maybe specifically a 10.5 issue?
Also my other apps (Soma FM, Shoutcast...) in "My apps" disappear and there is only the app gallery link. When I uninstall Ickstream they come back again.

First, thank you all for providing this service. I can't wait to try it out with Tidal. I've run into a problem though. I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious, but, at the risk of embarrassment, I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm using LMS 8.1 and have a Squeezebox Touch. The computer is a Mac running OSX 10.5. I believe I've correctly installed Ickstream, as it comes up in my LMS advanced setting. But instead of having the opportunity to login, I see only this:

Can anyone point me to what I may doing wrong? Please let me know if more information would be helpful. Thank you.16664

atrocity
2014-12-12, 11:39
Is the multi disc album track order still incorrect ?
I tried the "The Velvet Underground & Nico 45th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition)" album you showed in the screenshot and it now looks fine to me.

I just checked that and another Velvet Underground album that wasn't sorting properly and they both look good. Thank you!

The only oddity I've noticed lately is micro-gaps between tracks on the newish live Leonard Cohen album. But I assume that's an issue with Tidal since I've heard other albums play gaplessly. In general, it seems very stable.

erland
2014-12-14, 01:26

Unless this is already solved, can you PM me the information in "Player Information" section of the "Player" tab of LMS Settings so we can see if your Touch has an unknown MAC address or something similar ?

jimmypowder
2014-12-14, 05:40

On Ickstream when using Tidal ,not all of my artists show up. If you touch one of those blank spots an artist will
pop up . I see no issues with playlists .

pippin
2014-12-14, 07:10
Could you check whether you've updated the plugin to the latest version? Please go to "Settings->Plugins" in the Web Interface to see whether it wants to load an update.
This issue should be fixed.

jimmypowder
2014-12-14, 17:40
Could you check whether you've updated the plugin to the latest version? Please go to "Settings->Plugins" in the Web Interface to see whether it wants to load an update. This issue should be fixed.

I have updated to the latest plugin . Did it today before I played Tidal on Ickstream .

jimmypowder
2014-12-15, 08:00
Could you check whether you've updated the plugin to the latest version? Please go to "Settings->Plugins" in the Web Interface to see whether it wants to load an update.
This issue should be fixed.

I also deleted and added back TIdal.That did not help either.

pippin
2014-12-15, 08:01
Yes, I can actually see it in my account, too.

CommanderROR
2014-12-19, 07:19
Hi Pippin,
There was talk of a new Plugin versiom for this werk. Has it been postponed, or will it still arrive in the near future?

erland
2014-12-19, 10:18
Hi Pippin,
There was talk of a new Plugin versiom for this werk. Has it been postponed, or will it still arrive in the near future?

The plan is to publish it on Sunday during our maintenance stop when we will also deploy a new cloud service version.
Possibly we could publish the new plugin version already tomorrow but I don't want to promise that yet.

CommanderROR
2014-12-19, 10:27
No need to rush. I just wanted to ask what you are planning.

Thanks.

ad6922
2014-12-21, 13:39
As soon as Tidal is also available in the netherlands it becomes interesting to use ickstream.

CommanderROR
2014-12-21, 16:01
Don't you get Wimp HiFi? It's exactly the same service...

axelwin
2014-12-22, 03:09
Hello, just test this plugin with Qobuz.
2 points to improve to be at same level than existing Qobuz plugin :
- Albums ("favoris") limited to 75 last entries (strange because no limitation with previous Qobuz plugin)
- how to add/save an album in "Qobuz favoris" from ipeng with ickstream plugin (possible with previous qobuz plugin)

2 additional points expected :
- any option to choose ordering of displaying results / favoris in Ipeng ? (New to old entries / alphabetical order with artist or album)
- improve search results with Qobuz (hopping that improvment on qobuz side expected by mid december will solve the problem...)

Hello,
Some news about my previous comment about qobuz through ickstream plugin :
- Search problem : since qobuz has upgraded its services (and ios application) on dec15th, search results have been drasticaly improved (inluding search w/ plugins as Ickstream).
- entries problem : still have problem with albums limited to 70 entries on ipeng (200 on LMS web interface), while i can see all my 240 entries with previous qobuz plugin (through ipeng and LMS web interface)...
> any plugin upgrade on going to solve this issue (+ add option to add/remove albums "favoris" from ipeng as with previous Qobuz plugin) ?

jimmypowder
2014-12-22, 07:04
Latest ickstream update doesn't fix the Tidal Artist issue of some not showing up .

erland
2014-12-22, 11:05
Latest ickstream update doesn't fix the Tidal Artist issue of some not showing up .

IF you are talking about the TIDAL/Artists menu it will be fixed during the maintenance stop planned tomorrow

jimmypowder
2014-12-22, 13:19
IF you are talking about the TIDAL/Artists menu it will be fixed during the maintenance stop planned tomorrow
Thanks !

axelwin
2014-12-24, 07:47
Hello,
Some news about my previous comment about qobuz through ickstream plugin :
- Search problem : since qobuz has upgraded its services (and ios application) on dec15th, search results have been drasticaly improved (inluding search w/ plugins as Ickstream).
- entries problem : still have problem with albums limited to 70 entries on ipeng (200 on LMS web interface), while i can see all my 240 entries with previous qobuz plugin (through ipeng and LMS web interface)...
> any plugin upgrade on going to solve this issue (+ add option to add/remove albums "favoris" from ipeng as with previous Qobuz plugin) ?

Hello,

I can now see all my qobuz "albums" entries without limitation !
Thanks a lot for the update.

marmoset
2014-12-25, 22:33
While trying out this beta I set up a Deezer free account for the first time.
Every song only plays for 28 - 30 seconds before skipping to the next.
At first I thought it was Free Account restrictions, but it all plays correctly from my Laptop.

Using LMS 7.8 on Windows 8.1 Media PC.
Plugins set to Auto Update. Using ickstream 0.1.1419144625586
Duet with Controller, and Android App Squeeze Control

erland
2014-12-25, 23:05
While trying out this beta I set up a Deezer free account for the first time.
Every song only plays for 28 - 30 seconds before skipping to the next.
At first I thought it was Free Account restrictions, but it all plays correctly from my Laptop.

It's related to the free account restriction, I think they support full songs through their own web interface but through their partner API which we are using, the songs are restricted to 30 seconds unless you have a Premium+ account.

marmoset
2014-12-25, 23:57
Thanks for the response.
That's a shame.
I'm happy using the lower bitrate streams for music "discovery", use the SOMA FM streams a lot for that purpose, then hunt the stuff I like in higher quality when I hear it.
Any of the other ickstream providers have free streaming at lower rates?

erland
2014-12-26, 10:09
Any of the other ickstream providers have free streaming at lower rates?

All music on demand services I've seen requires a premium account to listen to full length tracks with third party devices (such as a Squeezebox), some offer free access through their web interface but not through third party hardware. The closest I can think of which we have on ickStream for free is the UberStations radio service where you can search all radio stations for a song and if it's currently playing on a radio station you can select to play it.

buck
2014-12-31, 10:44
Hi guys, thanks for all of your work over the years on the various aspects of Squeezebox. I have not been a super active member of the community, but I am looking here from time to time. I recently was looking to see if there was perhaps a chance to see if a plug-in was in the works from someone to bring in Amazon Prime streaming. I did find a thread where someone else was looking for the same thing.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?102719-Amazon-Prime-Music-Plugin&p=801768

Another poster suggested that the best chance of getting this implemented would be through ickstream. Not knowing what this was entirely, I did a little research and was excited to see the possibilities! If services such as Pandora and Amazon Prime were available through this if/when mysb.com goes away, the Squeezebox ecosystem would have life for me for a LONG time to come!!

Back to my original statement, is this the right place to suggest Amazon Prime streaming functionality? I would love to have that capability thru this or another plug in. If I can help in a non-coding capacity, I would be happy to. I could set up a test environment with one of my old SB1s and setup a new server just for testing this.

Thanks for your attention and have a Happy New Year!

Buck

remd
2015-01-04, 05:44
"..I recently was looking to see if there was perhaps a chance to see if a plug-in was in the works from someone to bring in Amazon Prime streaming. I did find a thread where someone else was looking for the same thing.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?102719-Amazon-Prime-Music-Plugin&p=801768

Another poster suggested that the best chance of getting this implemented would be through ickstream. Not knowing what this was entirely, I did a little research and was excited to see the possibilities! If services such as Pandora and Amazon Prime were available through this if/when mysb.com goes away, the Squeezebox ecosystem would have life for me for a LONG time to come!!

Back to my original statement, is this the right place to suggest Amazon Prime streaming functionality? I would love to have that capability thru this or another plug in. If I can help in a non-coding capacity, I would be happy to. I could set up a test environment with one of my old SB1s and setup a new server just for testing this. "

Buck

Thanks for your interest in ickStream and your suggestion to integrate Amazon Prime.

We have a roadmap of services we're working on integrating for the coming months, but we'll have a look at Amazon Prime and see how easy it would be to integrate their service.

You're welcome to post these type of requests on the slimdevices forum, we however also have our own forum at https://forum.ickstream.com if you want to be sure we don't miss a comment or request.

Cheers,
Remd

epoch1970
2015-01-04, 11:26
I'm sure you have it already on your radar, but anyways...
I think the Berliner Philharmoniker provides a wonderful digital service ( www.digitalconcerthall.com ): live events, great audio (48/16) and video contents.
Perhaps a little weak on the social side ? And seemingly no good at languages other than german and english.

virtualcai
2015-01-09, 09:19
Hi,
I have been using the logitech WIMP plugin the last months and just realized today that I also can use ickstream. WIMP even if they shut down the mysq server. GREAT!
Search is much faster :D. Playback seems very stable (still waiting for the first glitch)

I'd like to have the possibility to add Artists/Albums/Tracks to the Favorites in WIMP using the Squeezebox interface? Will that be implemented someday?
No in track search/skip. The logitech WIMP plugin allows that, but it only works sometimes. Will that be possible in the future?
SBPlayer (Android) is not supported (why?) are there plans to add support?

vc

NikolajC
2015-01-09, 12:03
No in track search/skip. The logitech WIMP plugin allows that, but it only works sometimes. Will that be possible in the future?

I would also like to know this. With a lot of sync'ed players it never works when streaming Wimp in Flac quality.

EDIT: Just tried it for the first time. Wow. Great, great work. I'd be happy to pay for this. With the official wimp plugin I can't add players to sync groups while playing. On Ickstream it just restarts the song which is perfectly acceptable. Also browsing the library and getting the context menu on Orangesqueeze is MUCH faster. Thanks so much for this.

verypsb
2015-01-10, 00:59
Is it possible to start a Smart Radio session using the Deezer service with ickStream? Thanks!

Best regards,
Dennis.

amcluesent
2015-01-10, 09:15
Naxos ClassicsOnlineHD would be a good service to add.

erland
2015-01-10, 23:28
Is it possible to start a Smart Radio session using the Deezer service with ickStream? Thanks!

Not yet, we are working on it.

sully1801
2015-01-12, 17:52
I'm having trouble with my vortexbox playback when using the ickstream/tidal plugin. I've tried using the proxied server and direct streaming, tried increasing the radio station buffer, but nothing seems to help. I can stream Tidal thru my Windows 8.1 machine without issues, so I know my network has sufficient bandwidth. The PC I'm running is a 5 year old Dell with a 2.6GHz processor & 4 GB of Memory, V2.3 Vorexbox with all the latest updates. Anyone have any ideas?

pippin
2015-01-12, 18:48
What exactly are the problems you are seeing?

sully1801
2015-01-13, 08:34
What exactly are the problems you are seeing?

Intermittently the playback from Tidal studders; blank gaps of no sound ranging from just a second to several seconds. Sometimes it works, other times it's unlistenable. The odd part is that I can play the same selection from Tidal on my Windows PC immediately following my Vortexbox/Squeezebox PC being unable to do it. My download speed is typically just under 10 mbps, upload is just under 3 mbps, ping is @ 6 ms when running tests. I am also a iPeng user & willing to take log snapshots & send on for problem determination. Thanks..

pippin
2015-01-13, 09:00
How does it work when using iPeng as a player (do you do that)? If you are using iPeng as a player: could you check whether changing the buffer size has any effect (in iPeng's "Bitrate Limiting" menu)?

DanSmedra
2015-01-13, 09:03
Naxos ClassicsOnlineHD would be a good service to add.

I agree, this is a good idea.

erland, pippin, remd, etc., please take note.

IckStream/iPeng should become known for THE answer to musical diverse tastes, including audiophiles of all shapes and sizes.

This can only strengthen the Squeezeosphere.

Also...please check out the newer(?) OraStream.

"The problem of delivering high quality music in a convenient way, requires a new solution: OraStream. Beyond MP3 and CD, OraStream was purposed and built from ground up to 'fluidify' the downloading and streaming of high-resolution music up to 9,216 kbps (or 192kHz/24-bit) over any data network [bye-bye Pono]. We think OraStream works great, in bridging lossy and lossless audio, and in improving music experience by adapting streams to network conditions without complex transcoding. Try it yourself and experience the difference today!"

http://www.orastream.com/#1

sully1801
2015-01-13, 10:10
How does it work when using iPeng as a player (do you do that)? If you are using iPeng as a player: could you check whether changing the buffer size has any effect (in iPeng's "Bitrate Limiting" menu)?

I don't use the iPeng as a player, I didn't purchase that feature. Tidal's app on the iPad or iPhone both work fine like my Windows box..
It's just the VB using ickstream that doesn't work reliably. I also have a Squeezebox touch, and that has the same stuttering issue.

garym
2015-01-13, 10:11
I don't use the iPeng as a player, I didn't purchase that feature. Tidal's app on the iPad or iPhone both work fine like my Windows box..
It's just the VB using ickstream that doesn't work reliably. I also have a Squeezebox touch, and that has the same stuttering issue.

How is the Vortexbox connected to your local network? Ethernet I assume. Ethernet cable or something like ethernet over powerline?

Furry
2015-01-13, 11:36
Also...please check out the newer(?) OraStream.

"The problem of delivering high quality music in a convenient way, requires a new solution: OraStream. Beyond MP3 and CD, OraStream was purposed and built from ground up to 'fluidify' the downloading and streaming of high-resolution music up to 9,216 kbps (or 192kHz/24-bit) over any data network [bye-bye Pono]. We think OraStream works great, in bridging lossy and lossless audio, and in improving music experience by adapting streams to network conditions without complex transcoding. Try it yourself and experience the difference today!"

http://www.orastream.com/#1

I would be interested to know if anyone on here has tried this, and what they think of the streaming sound quality, apparently up to 24b/192k (via Orastream's own codec).

sully1801
2015-01-13, 11:59
How is the Vortexbox connected to your local network? Ethernet I assume. Ethernet cable or something like ethernet over powerline?

Yes, 100M Ethernet from a Netgear R7000 Router. I've also tried a 1 GB Ethernet card in that PC and swapped CAT 5 cables...no change in performance.

verypsb
2015-01-13, 12:11
Not yet, we are working on it.

Maybe some more room for Deezer improvements ;-)

In noticed that when playing a webradio using ickStream/Deezer, it only plays one song. Also, it shows the details of the webradio that's playing, (i.e. "Electro"), not the details of the song that's playing.

Let me know if I can do something to help...

Best regards,
Dennis.

CommanderROR
2015-01-14, 10:40
According to Deezers Google+ account, Deezer Elite (lossless streaming) is coming to Europe in the next couple of weeks. That would be great, especially if this could be supported through ickstream ASAP... ;)

Dangze
2015-01-15, 06:31
Hello,

I would like to raise a question that may have already answered, so please excuse me if I missed it...

Will it be possible (if yes, when ?...) to install directly ickStream on a SQB Touch and use it for example with TuneIn radios without installing ickStream on a PC ? I'm not sure to have understood what ickStream is or will be !

Regards from France...

Je suis Charlie

pippin
2015-01-15, 06:41
The main problem with this is that ickStream is a plugin and installing plugins on the touch can be complicated. You would also have to run the server on the Touch (have a USB drive of some kind attached - might as well be empty, though).
We haven't tested it so even though there are builds of the ickStream plugin for ARM processors without FPU I'm not sure it would work but there isn't really anything that should stop it from working in general.

We do also have - in our closed beta - an applet that allows you to use ickStream on the Touch without any server but that uses our ickStream client side protocol so you would also have to use an ickStream controller to use it, the Squeezebox controller Apps would not work.

ickStream - for the Squeezebox - is a backend service allowing access to streaming services somewhat similar to what MySqueezebox.com does when used with LMS. But it's not a Squeezebox Server so you still need _some_ server to operate your Squeezebox with, a Squeezebox doesn't do anything without one.

Dangze
2015-01-15, 09:13
Thank you for your answer, even if it let me quite disappointed !...

Because from the very beginning I had understood that ickStream will be THE solution after msqb.com shutdown (if this finally happens !).

Using an external server (ie special hardware needed before starting to listen internet radios !) is for me something that I can't accept (too complicated for my family...). I thought that the Touch "tiny" server would be enough, I'm afraid that I made a big mistake, buying 2 more Touch for my home...

I hope that a solution will be found for "simple" users as me before/when msqb.com will stop.

garym
2015-01-15, 09:46
Thank you for your answer, even if it let me quite disappointed !...

Because from the very beginning I had understood that ickStream will be THE solution after msqb.com shutdown (if this finally happens !).

Using an external server (ie special hardware needed before starting to listen internet radios !) is for me something that I can't accept (too complicated for my family...). I thought that the Touch "tiny" server would be enough, I'm afraid that I made a big mistake, buying 2 more Touch for my home...

I hope that a solution will be found for "simple" users as me before/when msqb.com will stop.

But reread his response. You shouldn't be disappointed. He said:

"We do also have - in our closed beta - an applet that allows you to use ickStream on the Touch without any server but that uses our ickStream client side protocol so you would also have to use an ickStream controller to use it, the Squeezebox controller Apps would not work."

So your Touch could work to access music services, internet streaming, etc. similar to mysqueezebox.com WITHOUT the use of a local server. He notes that you need an ickstream controller, but this just means an app on a smart phone or tablet, etc.

Dangze
2015-01-15, 11:03
So your Touch could work to access music services, internet streaming, etc. similar to mysqueezebox.com WITHOUT the use of a local server. He notes that you need an ickstream controller, but this just means an app on a smart phone or tablet, etc.

My problem is : Will I be able to use the original remote control to start/stop my Touch, change the radio program, adjust the sound volume,...? If yes, that's OK ! If not (ie I need a smartphone or tablet to do it), that's not very OK !...

Edit : please refer to http://blog.ickstream.com/index.php?post/2014/05/02/ickStream-Newsletter-May-2014

garym
2015-01-15, 11:10
My problem is : Will I be able to use the original remote control to start/stop my Touch, change the radio program, adjust the sound volume,...? If yes, that's OK ! If not (ie I need a smartphone or tablet to do it), that's not very OK !...

Don't know. One of the ickstream folks will have to chime in on this.

pippin
2015-01-15, 14:54
I think that would work but it's still quite a different product. We would see a way to use that to integrate it with the "traditional" Squeezebox system (using LMS as a server while still driving the player through the ickStream protocol) but it would still be a different product and probably not really worthwhile as long as MySqueezebox.com is still running.

Since MySB _is_ still running this currently doesn't have the highest priority for us since most new vendors making Squeezebox-compatible hardware use the server (and often even embed it; hardware has become more powerful since the Touch came out) but we do have most of what would be needed to eventually get it up already working now in the closed beta.
One thing that will not work that way, though, is supporting the ip3k Squeezeboxes (SB3, Boom, Transporter), these will always require LMS when MySB would be no longer available and I don't really see an easy way to change that.

Dangze
2015-01-15, 15:27
I think that would work but it's still quite a different product. We would see a way to use that to integrate it with the "traditional" Squeezebox system (using LMS as a server while still driving the player through the ickStream protocol) but it would still be a different product and probably not really worthwhile as long as MySqueezebox.com is still running.

Since MySB _is_ still running this currently doesn't have the highest priority for us since most new vendors making Squeezebox-compatible hardware use the server (and often even embed it; hardware has become more powerful since the Touch came out) but we do have most of what would be needed to eventually get it up already working now in the closed beta.
One thing that will not work that way, though, is supporting the ip3k Squeezeboxes (SB3, Boom, Transporter), these will always require LMS when MySB would be no longer available and I don't really see an easy way to change that.

Thanks a lot for this answer which brings more hope to me ! I agree that this is not a priority since msqb.com is still running. And as my hardware is only composed of some Touch and Radio models, I'm confident now that a solution will be found when the need arises...

jimmypowder
2015-01-17, 04:28
Lots of buffering again with Tidal since last update.
Update: changed the transporter from proxied streaming to direct and now everything
Works fine.

With the last Ickstream versions I had to have the transporter in proxied streaming mode
For tidal to work without buffering .

Update : well I talked too soon . Buffering again whether direct or proxied steaming mode on Transporter .

pippin
2015-01-17, 17:33
Lots of buffering again with Tidal since last update.
Update: changed the transporter from proxied streaming to direct and now everything
Works fine.

With the last Ickstream versions I had to have the transporter in proxied streaming mode
For tidal to work without buffering .

Update : well I talked too soon . Buffering again whether direct or proxied steaming mode on Transporter .

Buffering should be better with proxied streaming although it doesn't always help.

Two questions:
1. what local time was it when you were having issues (roughly). Friday? Saturday? Can you see any scheme in when it works fine and when not?
2. your internet connection: is that cable or direct line (e.g. DSL or something)?

crystalgipsy
2015-01-17, 18:13
Been using this for a while with TIDAL and not getting the best performance. It keeps just stopping after playing for a while and cant get it to play any more tracks until i restart the server. Running on Vortexbox 2.3. Its done this having proxied streaming on and off, any help appreciated. Other streaming services work as normal.

[15-01-18 00:58:19.8933] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler::__ANON_ _ (309) Failed to retrieve stream tidal:track:39490506 for Living Room: $VAR1 = {
'jsonrpc' => '2.0',
'id' => 1
};

pippin
2015-01-17, 18:25
If it's right now.... TIDAL seems to be down, I can't even play it through their own App, too, don't get artwork and some pages throw 404s

miguelk
2015-01-17, 21:03
If it's right now.... TIDAL seems to be down, I can't even play it through their own App, too, don't get artwork and some pages throw 404s

All day today ickstream has been erratic with tidal. Impossible to get through a track without restarting three or four times. Any indication when this might get fixed? When I first installed it a few weeks back, it worked flawlessly.

pippin
2015-01-17, 22:34
It seems to be different for different people.
I've discussed a lot today with a user having similar issues while it worked flawlessly all the time for me.
It's a bit hard to tell what exactly causes it, there might already have been issues on TIDAL's side today/yesterday but generally speaking the Squeezeboxes seem to be pretty sensitive to buffer underruns with lossless remote streaming. We've been seeing similar issues with the 3rd party Qobuz plugin (and the ickStream Qobuz one as well) and with WiMP.

Testing hints that buffer size plays a role but that's something not easily changed, especially for the old Squeezebox models.

Personally, I suspect that congestion also plays a role, but that's really just a guess. But with a small buffer the SBS are susceptible to streams that have a changing performance or delays between packets, TIDAL's own App probably works around that by buffering much more,
These days the likes of Netflix eat a lot of bandwidth at prime time (Netflix alone makes up for more than 1/3rd of peak traffic in the US) and they are buying QoS (priority). You know, that's that "net neutrality" issue, so other stuff might stream less consistent, especially if you are far away from the server or the interconnect.

Only some users seem to be affected so I doubt it's the software alone or the codec or something, it looks like a lot of system issues play into it, probably also which ISP you use and it's policies.

Moving forward we probably need to find a way to add more buffering on the client side (or the plugin). We are working on a few ideas but really have to find out what works and what doesn't..
It's definitely not an easy fix or one we can just deploy on (our) server side.

callesoroe
2015-01-18, 04:04
All day today ickstream has been erratic with tidal. Impossible to get through a track without restarting three or four times. Any indication when this might get fixed? When I first installed it a few weeks back, it worked flawlessly.

Have you selected "mp3 streaming methode" >Streaming through PROXY ????

This helps with wimp-hifi

remd
2015-01-18, 13:57

Tidal seems to have had some issues this weekend - Is it working better for you now ?

callesoroe
2015-01-24, 04:48
Hi!

I just have had a hangup in my LMS, and ended up restarting LMS(7.8.0 ReadyNas). I usually have a fully stable system so I checked the log for the time of the hangup. Then I see this
in the log:

15-01-24 11:51:26.6047] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing Transporter (C99075ED-6C57-4A7D-B1EB-38A8117C170E)
[15-01-24 11:51:27.6453] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request
[15-01-24 11:52:56.1551] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing Transporter-Alrum (BFDC82E4-A900-4F3C-ADDD-84FA08352225)
[15-01-24 11:52:57.1860] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request
[15-01-24 11:53:17.3751] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Soveværelse (B9C681CE-C064-47D0-BB12-57DCA0051025)
[15-01-24 11:53:17.4098] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Anders (FB79E1B6-7F3B-46D9-BC4A-988D84A28B3D)
[15-01-24 11:53:19.4216] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request
[15-01-24 11:53:45.6542] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing Transporter-Alrum (BFDC82E4-A900-4F3C-ADDD-84FA08352225)
[15-01-24 11:53:46.4484] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Soveværelse (B9C681CE-C064-47D0-BB12-57DCA0051025)
[15-01-24 11:53:46.4879] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Anders (FB79E1B6-7F3B-46D9-BC4A-988D84A28B3D)
[15-01-24 11:53:46.6788] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request
[15-01-24 11:56:27.3099] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing Transporter-Alrum (BFDC82E4-A900-4F3C-ADDD-84FA08352225)
[15-01-24 11:56:28.7359] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request
[15-01-24 11:56:28.7494] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Soveværelse (B9C681CE-C064-47D0-BB12-57DCA0051025)
[15-01-24 11:56:31.5429] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Anders (FB79E1B6-7F3B-46D9-BC4A-988D84A28B3D)
[15-01-24 11:57:53.9946] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Soveværelse (B9C681CE-C064-47D0-BB12-57DCA0051025)
[15-01-24 11:57:54.0242] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::_performP layerInitialization (336) Initializing SB-Anders (FB79E1B6-7F3B-46D9-BC4A-988D84A28B3D)
[15-01-24 11:57:56.0557] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LocalServiceManager::__A NON__ (135) Successfully sent getServiceInformation request

I wasn't even using the Ickstreamplugin as it happend ????? Any ideas what was going on ???

pippin
2015-01-24, 09:13
Looks like your player has a name the LMS's unicode encoding (which the ickStream plugin uses) doesn't like.
I don't see error messages, though, so everything has been successful. What this means is just that LMS was requesting a list of services for each of your players from ickStream, could it be that you have debug logging enabled?
This happens when you connect a controller or player or if for some other reason a main menu gets created. LMS will then ask all plugins providing menu content for an update.

pippin
2015-01-24, 09:17
Have you selected "mp3 streaming methode" >Streaming through PROXY ????

This helps with wimp-hifi

BTW: you don't have to use this with the ickStream plugin, ickStream has an own option for this (enabled by default) which applies it automatically for lossless services.

callesoroe
2015-01-25, 03:30
Looks like your player has a name the LMS's unicode encoding (which the ickStream plugin uses) doesn't like.
I don't see error messages, though, so everything has been successful. What this means is just that LMS was requesting a list of services for each of your players from ickStream, could it be that you have debug logging enabled?
This happens when you connect a controller or player or if for some other reason a main menu gets created. LMS will then ask all plugins providing menu content for an update.

I do have a player with a Danish letter "Æ", but it was not the player that was palying when I got the hangup. I checked the log settings. Ickstream seems to come default with "warning" enabled. I changed setting to "error" as for my
other plugins.
I have not had any other hangups, so I do not think there is something seriously wrong. Blame it on "particles from space" :)

As for the letters. This reminds me of this funny Norwegian video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

CommanderROR
2015-01-31, 05:59
@Pippin
@remd

Is there any news on further ickstream development? It has grown awfully quiet lately. I hope the project is still alive and well... ;)

pippin
2015-01-31, 06:27
Sure.
There's just more to do than just client-side work and features :)
We have learned a number of things from the open beta that we have to work and for some items we also have to work with service providers to find the issue/solution (e.g. some issues with streaming stability some users are experiencing) so we can't always focus on stuff people see on the surface :)

Still busy working on it, though :)

CommanderROR
2015-01-31, 08:08
Thanks! Glad to hear things are progressing!

bb1959
2015-02-07, 07:39
I'm having trouble installing ickstream. I've typed in the plugin repository at the bottom of the plugin page and clicked apply (general purpose pc running windows). I cannot find the ickstream plugin after that.

Any suggestions? I'm running a vortexbox if that makes a difference.

CommanderROR
2015-02-07, 08:27
Silly question: have you restarted the server after adding the repository?

bb1959
2015-02-07, 10:53
Silly question: have you restarted the server after adding the repository?

Yes (I've rebooted my computer several times but not turned off my vortex box or my SBT)

garym
2015-02-07, 10:57
Yes (I've rebooted my computer several times but not turned off my vortex box or my SBT)

But the vortex box is the *computer* running Lms. So reboot the vortexbox.

bb1959
2015-02-07, 11:21
But the vortex box is the *computer* running Lms. So reboot the vortexbox.

Just turned off my VB and started it up again...still not there.

bb1959
2015-02-07, 15:18
Aces! Got it. Linux plugin repository instead of windows.

Now to explore Tidal. Anybody have any success importing Spotify playlists into Tidal??

pippin
2015-02-07, 15:18
Have you ticked the "show all 3rd party plugin's" box?
You did use the windows repo URL, didn't you?

bb1959
2015-02-07, 15:26
Have you ticked the "show all 3rd party plugin's" box?
You did use the windows repo URL, didn't you?

Finally got it (see above) using the linux plugin repository (using Vortexbox)

callesoroe
2015-02-08, 03:22
Aces! Got it. Linux plugin repository instead of windows.

Now to explore Tidal. Anybody have any success importing Spotify playlists into Tidal??

I have done that with Wimp. I think it is the same with Tidal. But you have to use computer version to do it. When it is done, you can see them in the folder "my playlists".
There is one thing you should know. When importing a playlist, you can not be sure it is the exactly same version of the song you get. But it is a nice feature if you have
many Spotify playlists.

bb1959
2015-02-08, 14:48
I have done that with Wimp. I think it is the same with Tidal. But you have to use computer version to do it. When it is done, you can see them in the folder "my playlists".
There is one thing you should know. When importing a playlist, you can not be sure it is the exactly same version of the song you get. But it is a nice feature if you have
many Spotify playlists.

Successfully imported a spotify playlist. I like what I'm hearing.

netchord
2015-02-09, 08:40
i'm having the buffering issue via the Qobuz plugin, so thought I'd try using ickstream instead. I have Tidal, via ickstream, and it's worked very well. however, when i try to add Qobuz as a service, I see it already listed as active on the ickstream page, and Tidal is NOT listed as installed.

which is weird, since i'm listening to Tidal on ickstream as i type.

CommanderROR
2015-03-10, 08:30
Hi ickstream team

I just read you update announcement for the 10th of march. Does that "hires lossless streaming thing" have anything to do with Qobuz by any chance? I know they are planning something like that soon...

pippin
2015-03-10, 10:14
Can't comment on what it means right now.

CommanderROR
2015-03-10, 11:06
I understand.
Just one other thing: has anyone attempted to implement Wimp Radio mode yet? Isbit even in their API?

pippin
2015-03-10, 11:07
It's in their API and we are working on it :)

CommanderROR
2015-03-10, 11:44
Thanks. Just a pity Qobuz is so set against Radio mode. Oh well, there is always choice...

woodster
2015-03-10, 22:39
Hi there,

I have some problems with streaming from Wimp. Through Ickstream I can browse the music and also start it, but no sound is there.

The log shows something with authorisation error... It has worked, but might have stopped after I added another player.

Any ideas?
Martin

CommanderROR
2015-03-11, 01:59
@Pippin

I know we discussed this before, but I'm not sure what the conclusion was...so here we go again.. ;)

Wimp HiFi/Tidal have a fallback option to mp3 for those tracks where no FLAC is available, and sadly that's quite a few...
Now, usually Wim provides 320kbit AAC as their "standard" option which sounds pretty good, and a lot better than their 256kbit mp3. I know that there was some kind of limitiation with Squeezebox and AAC, but since I'm happily listening to BBC Radio 3 HD (320kbit AAC) right at this moment, I know that it appears to work, at least for some trypes of AAC stream. So, is there any chance to test whether setting the fallback to AAC would be an option for Wimp on ickstream? If it works at all, then it would greatly improve Wimp for all of use, and in case some legacy SB devices can't handle it, there is always the option of giving users a choice of mp3 or AAC fallback.

What do you think?

JeffNK
2015-03-15, 23:39
Given that I'm a paid subscriber to Calm Radio, is it possible to add my account/login to the ickstream service? I have been able to get Calm Radio working but only via the "free" streams.