PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for Moose?

vrette
2014-11-04, 18:10
I searched and really didn't come up with a solid answer. I want software that I can run on my PC that displays the song info and artwork playing on my SB on the PC display. Moose is nice, but a little buggy and it hasn't been updated in ages (which I totally understand given the circumstances). Thanks.

garym
2014-11-05, 18:59
I searched and really didn't come up with a solid answer. I want software that I can run on my PC that displays the song info and artwork playing on my SB on the PC display. Moose is nice, but a little buggy and it hasn't been updated in ages (which I totally understand given the circumstances). Thanks.

Have you tried squeezeplay? Shows art and artist and track info and can serve as controller.

Cut-Throat
2014-11-06, 16:22
Have you tried squeezeplay? Shows art and artist and track info and can serve as controller.

Question... What is Squeezeplay ? I use LMS and the Description of Squeezeplay on the Wiki seems the same to me?:confused:

vrette
2014-11-06, 17:33
Unfortunately Squeezeplay is not an option since it does not sync well with the SB hardware players (I tried).

Mnyb
2014-11-06, 23:14
The alternative web interface .

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98186-Announce-Alternative-Web-Interface-(beta)

And some use muso .

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?81685-ANNOUNCE-muso-(production)

If you want music on the sama machine as LMS is running try the local player plugin ( squeezelite with some extras ) , this is a headless player that runs in the background ( no GUI ) but it is acessible from all UI's like the web UI or any app or controller .

kidstypike
2014-11-07, 02:06
Unfortunately Squeezeplay is not an option since it does not sync well with the SB hardware players (I tried).

In your initial post you said "I want software that I can run on my PC that displays the song info and artwork playing on my SB on the PC display", you didn't mention syncing. Squeezeplay can do what you want, just choose your SB player from the menu, and Squeezeplayer is just controlling your SB, not playing music itself.

garym
2014-11-07, 07:22
Question... What is Squeezeplay ? I use LMS and the Description of Squeezeplay on the Wiki seems the same to me?:confused:

see pictures in post above. Squeezeplay essentially puts the equivalent of the TOUCH screen on your computer. It is a player and controller, although I no longer use it as a player (I use squeezelite instead). But I do use the controller aspect of squeezeplay running on my laptop to control all my other SB hardware players. I like it better than the LMS webGUI interface in terms of just selecting music, seeing the now playing, and changing volume. In particular, with squeezeplay I can quickly scroll through my 85,000+ collection where with LMS GUI, I have to click on 0-A, B-C, etc. to get to the correct pages. Squeezeplay is one single scrollable list (by artist, album, etc.) and is pretty fast.

vrette
2014-11-07, 15:53
In your initial post you said "I want software that I can run on my PC that displays the song info and artwork playing on my SB on the PC display", you didn't mention syncing. Squeezeplay can do what you want, just choose your SB player from the menu, and Squeezeplayer is just controlling your SB, not playing music itself.

Did not know it had that capability. Thanks.

vrette
2014-11-07, 15:53
see pictures in post above. Squeezeplay essentially puts the equivalent of the TOUCH screen on your computer. It is a player and controller, although I no longer use it as a player (I use squeezelite instead). But I do use the controller aspect of squeezeplay running on my laptop to control all my other SB hardware players. I like it better than the LMS webGUI interface in terms of just selecting music, seeing the now playing, and changing volume. In particular, with squeezeplay I can quickly scroll through my 85,000+ collection where with LMS GUI, I have to click on 0-A, B-C, etc. to get to the correct pages. Squeezeplay is one single scrollable list (by artist, album, etc.) and is pretty fast.

Good info. Thanks.

ralphy
2014-11-08, 04:26
Squeezeplay is one single scrollable list (by artist, album, etc.) and is pretty fast.

You can also use the number keys 2-9 to navigate even quicker.

For example press 3 - jump to beginning of D, press 3 again jump to E, again F, again 3, like texting on an old phone.

EDIT: you need version 7.8.0r369 or newer from my builds.

Mnyb
2014-11-08, 04:26
Did not know it had that capability. Thanks.

This is also true for the hardware SqueezePlay based players touch and radio ( and of course controller ) , they can be used as controllers for other squeezeboxes too :)

vrette
2014-11-08, 13:43
Thanks all for the suggestions. I settled on using SqueezePlay. A side benefit was I found the SqueezePlay support thread and found out how to fix the syncing issue I was with SqueezePlay and a SB Radio, which now play well together. Now I have a Touch to sell.