PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Squeezeboxe Classic went suddenly "crazy" - they don't start a music title

cege
2014-10-27, 01:07
Hi, I just ran into a strange thing. Both classic Squeezeboxen went out of order the same time, I checked them.
It's not a complete breakdown, which is even more odd. :confused:
Everything is fine... box is starting, connecting, displaying..., but when I try to start a title, they won't start :mad:
... and it's independent from the way of their connection, either to my server (@Synology) or th mysqueezebox.com.
I can navigate, either with the remote control directly or trough the webinterface or an app like squeezecommander - everything appears to be normal, but they won't start music.
Also changed the way of connection to the a/v receiver (analoge or digital), no sound, no vu-meter working, no time scale running.
I tried factory reset several times, different connection ways, different control ways ... it drives me crazy, since my daughter claimed the Touch and I have nothing for my listening room :(

So, what's the catch here?
Any ideas?

toby10
2014-10-27, 01:57
Try stopping & restarting the LMS program itself. Try connecting to MySB.com from the SB3 players themselves (not from web or phone control).
Tried rebooting router?

cege
2014-10-27, 03:05
Thanks for the reply, Toby. Yes, I did eveything, you mentioned and I had really hope in that "manually connect to mysb.com thing" (because I thought, maybe it's the server), but it's the same result unfortunately.
I tried different stations, they connected, showed me the title playing, but again: no start!
Touch, Radio and Boom are working both ways fine - not even a slightly similar behaviour, like the classics...

bpa
2014-10-27, 03:50
On LMS WebGUI page Settings/Information page - check that the information about the SB3 players is "correct" - i.e. IP address, Mac address, firmware version and matches what the players say using player firmware menu.

toby10
2014-10-28, 01:53
After an unsuccessful switch to MySB.com try unplugging power to the SB3, plug it back in, re-connect to MySB.com, try playing again.

cege
2014-10-29, 02:43
@ bpa
Ok, I checked this and the information in Setup/Information@Squeezebox Classic is exactly corresponding with the @Webinterface.
Firmware is 137
There are no problems to connect either with LMS or MYSB.com - everything is fine until I expect hearing something or see the clock starting

@ toby10
Tried your suggestion and it reconnects fine to MYSB.com (as it did before).
I can choose a radio station, display states "buffer filling", then the music title is being displayed, but the neither the clock is running nor a simple tone is coming out, VU-meter is somewhere in the middle.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

remd
2014-10-29, 02:46
You could try a xilinx reset (sound chip) - same as factory reset, but press "1"
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Special_IR_Keys_on_Reboot_for_Factory_Reset_and_La st_FW

toby10
2014-10-30, 02:41
I'd suggest taking one of the SB3's to a different network (friend? neighbor?) see if it plays correctly connected to MySB.com.
My guess is a network/router issue on your end.

Mnyb
2014-10-30, 10:30
@ bpa
Ok, I checked this and the information in Setup/Information@Squeezebox Classic is exactly corresponding with the @Webinterface.
Firmware is 137
There are no problems to connect either with LMS or MYSB.com - everything is fine until I expect hearing something or see the clock starting

@ toby10
Tried your suggestion and it reconnects fine to MYSB.com (as it did before).
I can choose a radio station, display states "buffer filling", then the music title is being displayed, but the neither the clock is running nor a simple tone is coming out, VU-meter is somewhere in the middle.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You could try a xilinx reset (sound chip) - same as factory reset, but press "1"
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Special_IR_Keys_on_Reboot_for_Factory_Reset_and_La st_FW

Is reported Mac adress the same as the sticker under the player ?

Really try the Xillinkx reset , it have saved many players