PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 7.9 and genre browsing

vinylman
2014-10-22, 15:05
I just upgraded to 7.9 today. I liked the albumartist folder :-)

How can I tune the indexing so the composer doesn't come up among artists.

I often use genre to find albums and albumartists. When I tag my files I have the browsing in mind.

Earlier I used to go to genre and find an artist and then the album. After installing 7.9 i also see all the composers and that is quite annoying, the list gets terribly long. How can I prevent composers to be shown while browsing the genre node?

An example is that for an artist like Elvis Presley there's at least 200 different composers and writers that shows up and makes the lists very hard to browse.

Vinylman

JJZolx
2014-10-22, 16:08
This has been brought up before. The behavior may still need some fine-tuning.

If you go into Settings > My Music > Browse Artists and change the setting to "Use single, configurable list of artists", do you still see composers among your artists?

vinylman
2014-10-23, 13:10
Yes it helped. Thanks!

The only drawback is that I loose the AlbumArtist node.

Thanks again!!

Vinylman

RonM
2014-12-08, 09:12
This has been my problem, too, reported in another thread -- should have searched the forum first! I'm using 7.8.

Would be great if both Artist and Album Artist were listed by default, or if this was configurable. But losing composer is most important.

JJZolx
2014-12-08, 18:41
Michael?

Sounds like when the two lists are being used, users want only the roles of artist, album artist and track artist in the 'Artist' list.

mherger
2014-12-08, 23:05
> Sounds like when the two lists are being used, users want only the roles
> of artist, album artist and track artist in the 'Artist' list.

Isn't this how it's working? Or is it only broken in the Genres menu?

--

Michael