PDA

View Full Version : Controller not connecting (wifi)

Ryssen
2014-10-22, 12:28
I have 2 reciewers,and both are reciewing signals from the wifi,itīs the controller thatīs not connecting to the NAS the signal meter is red.Earlier this evening I could play songs,but then I got the message "cannot connect to NAS!..
What can I do to get it to connect??

Ryssen
2014-10-22, 12:55
I have 2 reciewers,and both are reciewing signals from the wifi,itīs the controller thatīs not connecting to the NAS the signal meter is red.Earlier this evening I could play songs,but then I got the message "cannot connect to NAS!..

Now at the moment it is connected,but keeps buffering all the time!

w3wilkes
2014-10-22, 18:27
Have you checked for interference on your selected channel? Does it happen with the controller in close proximity to your router? It sounds like you've enabled the beta player in the controller firmware. This player is known to be somewhat sketchy for some users (I do not use the beta player in the controller). If I wanted a portable wifi player I think I'd go with one of the smartphone options which are available on both Apple and Android platforms.

callesoroe
2014-10-23, 13:31

First of all. Try to reset everything including your router.
I have had issues with red signal meter too.
But after I unchecked "suspend enabled" in controller>settings>advanced>power I have not seen this error.
I don't know why it is enabled by default.

Ryssen
2014-10-25, 04:21
It appears to be a weak signla issue,if I play from the LMS webpage on the computer it plays as it should.I just mounted a pair of +6db antennas on my router,but it didnīt help.
Iīve seen theres even longer antennas on ebay will that help?

Swiftie
2014-10-25, 22:54
If it's a signal issue, then perhaps installing an additional WiFi access point would help. This was the solution for me.

You could use the sort that connects wirelessly to your existing router, or connect it with an ethernet cable (if you have a spare port on your router).

The cable mechanism would be more reliable, and have faster data speeds. If getting the cable to the right place for your Access Point is a problem, you can perhaps use a pair of powerline adapters. This is what I had to do, as my living room is an extension to the original house, and there was no simple way of laying the ethernet cable through the original outside wall (without risking drilling through a mains cable...)

But before going to all this effort, check for interference from a neighbouring router. Before I had a smartphone, I used InSSIDer on my laptop for this. Oh my smartphone I use either InSSIDer or Wifi analyzer, but there's a large choice of apps.

Ryssen
2014-10-26, 15:08
I have ordered a cheap repeater today.
There is another router, from a neighbour that is transmitting even more than my router..

Julf
2014-10-27, 05:22
I have ordered a cheap repeater today.
There is another router, from a neighbour that is transmitting even more than my router..

Ouch. Wifi spectrum wars are never a good thing. Wouldn't it have been possible to change the channel you use to be as far away from your neighbour as possible?

golddustpeak
2014-11-09, 14:13
I have 4 devices that have been connected to my system for several years:
Duet
Classic
Transporter
Radio

Just recently the Duet Controller and Radio will no longer connect to my wifi.
I've done hard resets of the devices, and insured that the wifi is on an unused channel, and has no problems.
The signal strength from the wifi is not a problem.

The Controller and Radio accept my network password but will not connect to the network.

The Transporter and Duet radio continue to be working fine.

Suggestions please..........