PDA

View Full Version : Help! FLAC Tags via MP3Tag TRACK instead of TRACKNUMBER

Squeezemenicely
2014-10-21, 14:01
Hi there,

I have a new problem - after years of tagging without probs for LMS.

My new TAGS created with MP3Tag have now only got TRACK instead to the TAG TRACKNUMBER, which cause chaos in LMS.

The order is not there anymore.

What could be wrong? Are the correct FLAC tracks not created automatically?

I am really not sure what I could have changed. Please help!

garym
2014-10-21, 14:10
Hi there,

I have a new problem - after years of tagging without probs for LMS.

My new TAGS created with MP3Tag have now only got TRACK instead to the TAG TRACKNUMBER, which cause chaos in LMS.

The order is not there anymore.

What could be wrong? Are the correct FLAC tracks not created automatically?

I am really not sure what I could have changed. Please help!

I use mp3tag often to deal with my FLAC files and they all work properly in LMS. The metadata tag field on all these shows as "TRACK" not TRACKNUMBER. But this said, mp3tag has a way of auto mapping from one tag to another for different codecs. When I look at mp3tag > tools > options> Tags > Mapping, I see that the vorbiscomment (flac tags) automatically maps TRACKNUMBER to TRACK. This is default behavior, as I've not changed it.

EDIT. When I drill down on a track's tags within the LMS webGUI, I see that the track tag is actually TRACKNUMBER, even though within mp3tag extended tags it shows as TRACK and in dbpoweramp "edit ID tag" it shows up as TRACK. I suspect this is all a part of how the "mapping" works.

see:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?43845-TRACK-or-TRACKNUMBER-in-flac&p=272592&viewfull=1#post272592

See picture:

Squeezemenicely
2014-10-21, 14:22
Thankyou so much!

That was it, the mappings were not in my MP3TAG - no idea why, been using it a long time with no problems - something must have deleted them.

I created the Mappings and all is good again.

Thanks again, you really saved me, been at it for hours and your post solved the problem in seconds.

garym
2014-10-21, 15:11
Thankyou so much!

That was it, the mappings were not in my MP3TAG - no idea why, been using it a long time with no problems - something must have deleted them.

I created the Mappings and all is good again.

Thanks again, you really saved me, been at it for hours and your post solved the problem in seconds.

happy to help. The beauty of these forums!

JJZolx
2014-10-21, 19:26
Of the mappings shown in the screen capture above, you may not want to map 'ALBUMARTIST' to 'ALBUM ARTIST'. I believe the version without the space is much more common and more of a standard, although either of them will work in LMS. If I recall correctly, the version with a space was adopted by foobar2000, but I don't think it's used much elsewhere.