Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JKH
    • Jun 2011

Puzzling Problem - No sound from Qobuz app on Duet

Having recently been helped very kindly by others here to solve a problem following a change of internet provider, I now have another (possibly related) issue that I am finding baffling.

I have the following setup - Squeezebox Duet, Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Controller. My music is stored on my laptop and backed up to hard disc. The laptop is used wirelessly, as is the Squeezebox Radio, though the Duet is connected to my BT HomeHub via a mains wired ethernet cable. Thanks to the help refereed to above, all is working superbly except for the fact that when using the Qobuz plugin, it works perfectly - except fotr the fact that it produces no sound on the Duet. All searches, albums etc are displayed as one would expect, and the LMS web-control shows the track as playing, but no sound emerges. All other aspects - streaming radio, BBC Iplayer plugin, Spotify, streaming of my own music - work fine.

This oddness is compounded by the fact that Qobuz does output on the Squeezebox Radio. If I switch between players on the Controller, Qobuz plays on the SB Radio but not on the Duet. The same thing happens when I switch between players using the LMS web-control. All passwords and usernames have been carefully entered for both players and Qobuz players.

I should say that the problem is the same if I connect the Duet wirelessly or through the ethernet connection.

I suspect there's something absolutely blindingly obvious I'm missing here - has anyone got an idea of what it might be?

JKH
  • Swiftie
    • Mar 2010

A stab in the dark (I know nothing about Qobuz), but the symptoms are consistent with Qobuz thinking the volume of your Duet is zero or muted.

Comment

• JKH
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Swiftie
      A stab in the dark (I know nothing about Qobuz), but the symptoms are consistent with Qobuz thinking the volume of your Duet is zero or muted.
      Thanks Swiftie. The Qobuz SB app is, I've always thought from a non-technical point of view, just another stream as far as the SB is concerned. I can't find a setting to alter to see if your suggestion might be correct - have you any idea how I might go about it?

And here's another baffling (to me) wrinkle discovered late last night - if I synchronise the Duet and Radio (which I never normaklly do) the Qobuz app plays perfectly in all respects. Un-synchronising reverts back to the original problem of no sound from the Duet!

I'm confused!

JKH

Comment

• Swiftie
        • Mar 2010

Does the Qobuz app require much setting up after installing? If not, I'd try uninstalling it and re-installing it. If you get the option of removing associated data/settings, then go with that.

My reasoning was as follows: Anything that handles multiple music sources benefits from being able to normalise the volume across different inputs. Qobuz might have a feature such as this, but maybe the control of it was not added, or it's in some obscure place. It might somehow have been turned down to zero. Re-installing might reset this.

However, this is all guesswork on my part.

Comment

• Mnyb
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JKH
          Thanks Swiftie. The Qobuz SB app is, I've always thought from a non-technical point of view, just another stream as far as the SB is concerned. I can't find a setting to alter to see if your suggestion might be correct - have you any idea how I might go about it?

And here's another baffling (to me) wrinkle discovered late last night - if I synchronise the Duet and Radio (which I never normaklly do) the Qobuz app plays perfectly in all respects. Un-synchronising reverts back to the original problem of no sound from the Duet!

I'm confused!

JKH
          Then the stream is very likely proxied by the server and maybe also transcoded to another format ?

I would look in the more info submenu on the stream on the radio in both cases .

You may also try the synced case and have a look at the server to see if some transcoding app is running like lame Sox or faad .

I would also try the LMS setting of proxy all streams trough the server . To see if makes a difference .
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
          Bedroom/Office: Boom
          Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
          Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
          iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
          (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
          server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

Working...