PDA

View Full Version : Wierd connection timeout problem cannot play radio

Vernatronics
2014-10-11, 02:21
Hi,

Since a week or so a wierd problem occurred on my squeebox received SBR: when trying to listen to a radio station a connection timeout error occurs. :(

After several testing, I tried with another spare duet receiver I own and this one works correctly!

I aslo own a Squeezbox radio and other players and they can play radio stations just fine.

At the beginning I thought about a DNS configuration issue, but I now exclude this, not only because the other receivers and players works perfectly, but also because the old one is correctly listed on mysqueebox.com, so it can correctly connect to the Internet.

The old receiver works otherwise well (I can play albums stored on the server)
I tried many many radio stations and actually found only one that was played.
Same problem if I instruct the receiver to play a radio station from the Logitech Media Server web interface.

This is very, very, very wierd to me.

I tried everything possible that came to my mind:
- Hard reset of the received (many times)
- Reinstall the server and try with different versions: 7.7.3 (official stable), 7.8.1-1408690219, 7.8.1-1411629722, 7.9.0-1412783275
- Unistall plugins / try different combinations of installed plugins
Nothing, connection time out. I give up.

I hope the receiver is not broken, because unfortunately this are not produced anymore :mad:

Below is my squeezebox configuration:
Server: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 - logitechmediaserver-7.8.1-1411629722-i386-readynas (but as said I also tried with the non beta 7.7.3)
Player causing problem (squeezebox receiver. The controller "about" says 7.8.0 rt6739)
Receiver connected via Ethernet
Other player around the house (old glorious slimp3, boom, radio, squeezebox 3, etc.)

Any help really appreciated.
Thanks,
Claudio.

garym
2014-10-11, 07:46
have you turned everything off (modem, router, computer/nas, and players (unplugged them), then:

1. turn on modem and router, let fully start
2. turn on computer or NAS, let fully start and LMS fully start.
3. then turn on/plug in all your Squeezebox players.

Mnyb
2014-10-11, 08:07
Is this receiver no longer listed on your mysqueezebox.com account ? All your players should be there the ones currently on your LMS is also there but listed as disconnected if this receiver is not there at all it might be a problem .

What about in LMS does it reports i mac address as something like 00:04:20:xx:xx:xx

Vernatronics
2014-10-11, 08:09
Thanks for the reply.

I turned everything off and on, but still didn't work.

Than I started testing the whole network piece by piece (modem router, switches, network printer, each cable, etc.).

Now it wokrs again!!!

Might have been a network loop caused by a faulty switch, but I'm not sure.
A whole Saturday lost on this a some mess around to clean up.
Hope it doesn't happen again.

Claudio.

garym
2014-10-11, 08:13
Thanks for the reply.

I turned everything off and on, but still didn't work.

Than I started testing the whole network piece by piece (modem router, switches, network printer, each cable, etc.).

Now it wokrs again!!!

Might have been a network loop caused by a faulty switch, but I'm not sure.
A whole Saturday lost on this a some mess around to clean up.
Hope it doesn't happen again.

Claudio.

Good. At least back working again. By the way, with these sorts of problems it rarely helps to reinstall all the LMS software. That would be my last resort, not my first.