PDA

View Full Version : Audioscrobbler Plugin: Love this track requires mysqueezebox

Oscar Marsh
2014-10-09, 15:34
I'm using the Last.fm Audioscrobbler plugin.

When I try to use "Love this track" feature I get:

[14-10-09 23:32:08.1332] Slim::Plugin::AudioScrobbler::Plugin::submitLoveTr ack (1131) Submitting loved track to Last.fm
[14-10-09 23:32:08.1435] Slim::Plugin::AudioScrobbler::Plugin::__ANON__ (1116) Love track error: A mysqueezebox.com account is required for this service. Please access Logitech Media Server Settings -> mysqueezebox.com with a web browser to configure.

I think the plugin needs to be updated to detach it from my mysqueezebox, if that's the way the rest of LMS is going. I'm not planning on signing up for mysqueezebox.

pippin
2014-10-09, 15:55
Michael will have to answer this, but I don't see it coming. All of the account management would have to be moved to LMS. And all of this for an essentially defunced service (yes,I'm still scrobbling, too). There's probably a looooooong list of stuff with higher priorities.

Oscar Marsh
2014-10-09, 16:13
Yes, I can see that there is other stuff that takes precedent over a small issue such as this.

I can't agree that Last.FM is an essentially defunct service, however.

garym
2014-10-09, 16:29
Yes, I can see that there is other stuff that takes precedent over a small issue such as this.

I can't agree that Last.FM is an essentially defunct service, however.

I thought they had quit the music streaming portion of the business (their main business?). The scrobbling is nice (I use it myself), but not sure how last.fm will survive on free scrobbling users.

Oscar Marsh
2014-10-09, 16:47
I think (hope) wherever Last.fm ends up it will keep the scrobbling service as part of its offering.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but look at Spotify's acquisition of Echonest, and the latter company's pledge to keep the API freely available for developers who aren't Spotify.

garym
2014-10-09, 16:53
I think (hope) wherever Last.fm ends up it will keep the scrobbling service as part of its offering.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but look at Spotify's acquisition of Echonest, and the latter company's pledge to keep the API freely available for developers who aren't Spotify.

I too love the scrobbling service. Very interesting to check out my prior play history and fun to have friends follow it on the web.

Oscar Marsh
2014-10-09, 17:07
Love it too. I've been a scrobbler for 11 years.

Getting the love track feature back would be icing on the cake.

pippin
2014-10-09, 19:24
You mean you can actually scrobble without a MySB account?

mherger
2014-10-09, 23:23
> You mean you can actually scrobble without a MySB account?

Yes. There's the Audioscrobbler plugin which handles this. The reason is
pretty simple: it was developped using a now deprecated API which didn't
require dev keys or other. Love/Ban otoh are not available through this
simple API.

--

Michael

Oscar Marsh
2014-10-10, 13:28
Michael: I suppose what you're saying is the plugin needs a full rewrite to use the new API and allow love/hate. Any plans for this?

Is the mysqueezebox side of it able to use a newer API that allows it, or is the plugin just completely out of date? I haven't tested it on mysb.

pippin
2014-10-10, 14:48
The one in MySB also supported streaming when it was still available, it supports the full API

mherger
2014-10-10, 15:55
> Michael: I suppose what you're saying is the plugin needs a full rewrite
> to use the new API and allow love/hate. Any plans for this?

No and no. Only the love/ban feature would need to be re-implemented. As
long as they don't shut down the deprecated endpoints...

> Is the mysqueezebox side of it able to use a newer API that allows it,
> or is the plugin just completely out of date? I haven't tested it on
> mysb.

Yes, mysb.com uses the new API.

--

Michael

callesoroe
2014-10-13, 09:49
I too love the scrobbling service. Very interesting to check out my prior play history and fun to have friends follow it on the web.

Just started to play around with this plugin. It is in fact a very nice feature.... :)