PDA

View Full Version : Web based streaming squeezebox client?

kllngtme
2014-09-17, 08:06
Currently I've been streaming music from my LMS server at my house using the following:

Windows 7:
Squeezeplay
Squeezelite

Android:
Squeeze Player
Orange Squeeze

Is there a web client or something that doesn't require installation? For example, my girlfriend asked if she can stream from her computer at work but she doesn't have admin rights to install anything. Is there a java based or html5 based player over a webbrowser to stream to for this?

Thanks!

banned for life
2014-09-17, 08:14
Currently I've been streaming music from my LMS server at my house using the following:

Windows 7:
Squeezeplay
Squeezelite

Android:
Squeeze Player
Orange Squeeze

Is there a web client or something that doesn't require installation? For example, my girlfriend asked if she can stream from her computer at work but she doesn't have admin rights to install anything. Is there a java based or html5 based player over a webbrowser to stream to for this?

Thanks!

Plugin: SoftSqueeze

Is a Java app. When enabled (show all 3rd party plugins,) an install dialog is present on the HOME/Extras menu.

kllngtme
2014-09-17, 08:35
Plugin: SoftSqueeze

Is a Java app. When enabled (show all 3rd party plugins,) an install dialog is present on the HOME/Extras menu.

Okay cool. Is there something else that might be more standalone or easier? I don't want to have to give her my login to the server. Plus it gives her access to the LMS server itself and the settings. I don't want it to be messed with by accident or something.

mherger
2014-09-17, 08:47
> Okay cool. Is there something else that might be more standalone or
> easier? I don't want to have to give her my login to the server. Plus it
> gives her access to the LMS server itself and the settings. I don't want
> it to be messed with by accident or something.

How do you want her to use your server without giving her access to it?

--

Michael

kllngtme
2014-09-17, 09:13
> Okay cool. Is there something else that might be more standalone or
> easier? I don't want to have to give her my login to the server. Plus it
> gives her access to the LMS server itself and the settings. I don't want
> it to be messed with by accident or something.

How do you want her to use your server without giving her access to it?

--

MichaelWell, I want her to be able to play music and that's it. haha. So I was just looking for a player. Squeezeplay is a nice interface without getting involved with the server settings. It's more so a player so it's easier for people who have no idea what they are looking at. Otherwise, I'm thinking she might think settings at the bottom is actually settings for her player or something.. I dunno, I don't care if she has the login to the server, I just would rather her only see a player, and not get confused by the actual server settings and stuff.

banned for life
2014-09-18, 07:52
Well, I want her to be able to play music and that's it. haha. So I was just looking for a player. Squeezeplay is a nice interface without getting involved with the server settings. It's more so a player so it's easier for people who have no idea what they are looking at. Otherwise, I'm thinking she might think settings at the bottom is actually settings for her player or something.. I dunno, I don't care if she has the login to the server, I just would rather her only see a player, and not get confused by the actual server settings and stuff.

You are looking for SqueezeSlave which is a headless player but there has to be a control interface somewhere. She could use SSlave from a command line and then use OrangeSqueeze/Ipeng for the control interface.

Alternately, you could just tell her what not to mess with.

If she uses SoftSqueeze, you can rename her player and then disable SETTINGS in the Settings/Player/Menu panel... In fact, you could turn off everything except NowPlaying and MuscLibrary..

EDIT: I just tested this and it works well. She will probably have to be able to change Java settings since this is a self-signed app.

B4L

sander
2014-10-06, 15:16
I would recommend Moose as a frontend since it has a really nice UI. I don't think it requires admin rights to run and is a single executable if she runs Windows.

mps
2014-10-07, 07:18
I would recommend Moose as a frontend since it has a really nice UI. I don't think it requires admin rights to run and is a single executable if she runs Windows.

Second this. Moose sounds exactly like what you're looking for. It's what I want to use when I don't feel like having all sorts of fancy squeezebox options in my face.

JJZolx
2014-10-11, 15:03
Can she run software from a USB stick, or would it be blocked by a software firewall on her PC?

I'm able to run SqueezePlay from a USB stick. I just copied the SqueezePlay installation folder to the USB stick and then I uninstalled it from the computer. It works fine.