PDA

View Full Version : Additional WIFI Speaker For Squeeze Box Duet

xtaticinde
2014-09-09, 12:06
Hi,
I don't know if this is possible. I have the duet hooked up to play through my audio receiver in one room.
Would it be possible to buy a separate WIFI speaker and be able to listen to the duet in a different room on the Logitech server while it's playing?
Can it play in both locations at the same time? :confused: If so do you have any recommendations what I should look for.
Thanks for any help, :)
Mark

jimbobvfr400
2014-09-09, 15:38
If you want a portable solution and then use a phone or tablet to control it you could get the appropriate playback app and an appropriate airplay or Bluetooth speaker and do it that way.

For iOS an airplay speaker or dock using ipengs playback in app purchase

For Android SqueezePlayer and a Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kidstypike
2014-09-09, 16:05
The Controller part of the Duet can also act as a Squeezebox player, it's about 4 years since I sold mine, but from memory, on the Controller, Settings > Advanced > Beta Features > Enable playback. You should then be able to use the headphone jack on the Controller to a speaker or dock with a line in.

castalla
2014-09-09, 16:32
I estimate the chances of getting a wifi speaker to work with the Duet as virtually zero. The only possible way you might get a wifi speaker working is to run squeezelite on a dedicated PC (eg. a Raspi or similar) and attempt to feed the audio output to a wifi audio dongle to the speaker. I wouldn't underestimate the problems you're likely to encounter trying to achieve this - most audio wifi only has drivers for windows and /or mac - which means you'll have to run Squeezelite on a Windows or Mac You're then facing the problem of syncing the Duet and Squeezelite ....

Good luck.

Hildebrandt
2014-09-13, 12:19
Yes you can... sort of...

Splice the output from the duet into something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Universal-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Adapter/dp/B0085TQGZG/ref=pd_sim_computers_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1T5X4RCB06RK6GMNC2J8
and presto - music can stream to bluetooth speaker.... limited range though... something like that must exist for wifi only...

*EDIT* input via 3,5mm jack, wireless range 20meters: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audiomate-3-5mm-Wireless-Transmitter-Built-/dp/B00B7ID99S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410636040&sr=1-1&keywords=wifi+stereo+audio+transmitter

*EDIT #2* and of course, you can stream via FM to any radio: http://www.amazon.co.uk/massG%C2%AE-In-Car-FM-Transmitter/dp/B00FREA0W2/ref=sr_1_59?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410636255&sr=1-59&keywords=wifi+stereo+audio+transmitter

xtaticinde
2014-09-13, 12:47
Thank you for your suggestions. I think I'll have to go with a blue tooth option.
Thanks!
Mark:)

Mnyb
2014-09-13, 16:49
Why not another squeezebox or some of the replacement hardware discussed on this forum ? + whatever speaker you like .

The idea of squeezeboxes is to use one per zone all can be controlled by the controller or app etc .

Murphyprecht
2014-09-15, 15:09
Raspberry pi running picoreplayer. Headless squeeze player which can play independently or synch to other players for less than 50 notes ;)

Mathias_Berrux
2014-09-16, 21:37
Logitech radio.