PDA

View Full Version : waiting to sync (and other issues)

ezekieldas
2014-09-07, 14:41
Hi --I've had 2x Squeezeboxes for several years. They've been... well, fine from time to time, but more recently they've been almost 100% 24/7 aggravating. I just spent a good few hours powering up/down, synchronizing, not synchronizing, logging on to mysqueezebox, joining/rejoining wireless, experimenting with direct cabled network, and so on. I'm back to square one. Here are my issues and further below are some details on my setup. If you can comment on any of this I'd appreciate it.

1> 'Waiting to sync' is what I see when starting KEXP radio or Triode Spotify. This basically hangs the player. Radio (KEXP is all I play) has worked consistently in the past. Triode Spotify has been known to work on at least a few ocassions. The message noting 'Waiting to sync' is fairly new, and it seems to have increased in frequency.

2> Pandora is now FUBAR. That is, starting it renders 'Connection timed out'. I checked mysqueezebox.com, logged on to Pandora there --the indicators aren't great but it seemed to be working fine.

3> mysqueezebox.com (with regards to above). This seems to be running at a snails pace. Can anyone confirm if this is in a state of neglect, being retired, phased out?

4> Seeing tons of this in the logs:

[14-09-07 14:39:49.1877] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (596) Unable to login to SN: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
[14-09-07 14:39:49.1956] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (596) Unable to login to SN: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
[14-09-07 14:39:49.1961] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (334) Unable to get players from SN: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected, retrying in 503193600 seconds
[14-09-07 14:39:49.1979] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (596) Unable to login to SN: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
^C

I'm able to sometimes get things working if I do one or more of the following: restart the app, restart the squeezebox, restart LMS. I have no particular logic or order in which I do this (which is partly why I'm posting). This necessary engagement is a real buzzkill if I'm just looking to rock out in the kitchen or set a romantic mood with the misses. It's particularly depressing after a 12 hour day of troubleshooting and screengazing to have to do more troubleshooting and screengazing to listen to music how I'd like. Anyway...

Here's some details on my setup:

LMS 7.7.3 (on linux)
Squeezebox Radio (x2) 7.7.3-r16676 (wirless ~85%)

http://mogwai.holdharmless.me/tmp/sound_system.png

garym
2014-09-07, 15:18
This sounds like a weak/bad connection between one of the players and the router to me. Unsync all your players. Then try with one player with no synching and see how it goes. You might try each player (unsynched). This should allow you to identify which player is causing the problem. If two players are synched and one has a weak connection, you'll get the message you are getting.

edit: can't hurt to reboot everthing, including modem/router. Restart modem router first, then players.

ezekieldas
2014-09-07, 21:44
Thanks garym. I shut down LMS, both players, squeezelite. I brought up one player, factory flashed it. Brought up LMS (no 'Unable to login to SN'). Joined the one player to LMS, tested everything, all passed. Introduced other player, turned on squeezelite, setup synch again... everything is running fine for the time being. I hope this lasts. For awhile. At least.

garym
2014-09-08, 05:15
Thanks garym. I shut down LMS, both players, squeezelite. I brought up one player, factory flashed it. Brought up LMS (no 'Unable to login to SN'). Joined the one player to LMS, tested everything, all passed. Introduced other player, turned on squeezelite, setup synch again... everything is running fine for the time being. I hope this lasts. For awhile. At least.

hopefully this solved your issue. first step when all seems messed up is always a complete reboot, including router. It solves a multitude of issues that can creep in.