PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Ethernet and now No Output

bassbunny
2014-08-22, 03:48
Have been having problems with my Duet Receiver losing connection with my network so ran an Ethernet Cable to it. Having finally got it set up in Hybrid mode, I have lost output on the RCA jacks.
I metered the cable before it went in and have since tried a different cable, (a ready made long patch cable), and a different port on the router to no avail.
Any ideas?

Stratmangler
2014-08-22, 03:57
Factory reset?
Have you tested the long patch cable with a laptop?

bassbunny
2014-08-22, 04:56
Factory reset?
Have you tested the long patch cable with a laptop?

I did a full factory reset before configuring for Hybrid Mode and I have just removed the Ethernet Cable from the Receiver and plugged it into my my Lap Top and everything is fine with the Lap Top.
The Receiver was switched off when I did this, so no indicators on, lit up Yellow when I removed the cable so looks like it is connected to the Network OK. Indicator went out when I plugged back in.
I have tried using both the Squeezebox Controller and Smartphone App to play music and still nothing. Also kicked a track off via Web Control, and still nothing.
Finally tried Internet radio and still quiet as a grave.

kidstypike
2014-08-22, 05:05
I did a full factory reset before configuring for Hybrid Mode and I have just removed the Ethernet Cable from the Receiver and plugged it into my my Lap Top and everything is fine with the Lap Top.
The Receiver was switched off when I did this, so no indicators on, lit up Yellow when I removed the cable so looks like it is connected to the Network OK. Indicator went out when I plugged back in.
I have tried using both the Squeezebox Controller and Smartphone App to play music and still nothing. Also kicked a track off via Web Control, and still nothing.
Finally tried Internet radio and still quiet as a grave.

Are you sure it's playing?
LED on Receiver should be bright white when it's playing. (dull white when stopped or paused).

Are you sure volume on Receiver is turned right up, factory reset may alter volume setting?

bassbunny
2014-08-22, 05:34
Are you sure it's playing?
LED on Receiver should be bright white when it's playing. (dull white when stopped or paused).

Are you sure volume on Receiver is turned right up, factory reset may alter volume setting?

Yes, it is playing. When switched on, Dull White, play a track Bright White. Volume is up to Max.

kidstypike
2014-08-22, 05:41
Yes, it is playing. When switched on, Dull White, play a track Bright White. Volume is up to Max.

Input selector on amp/pre amp?
Volume on amp/pre amp
Another source into same inputs on amp/pre amp?
A different input on amp/pre amp?
Try fresh phono cable?
Any means of trying the digital outs?

bassbunny
2014-08-22, 05:49
Input selector on amp/pre amp?
Volume on amp/pre amp
Another source into same inputs on amp/pre amp?
A different input on amp/pre amp?
Try fresh phono cable?
Any means of trying the digital outs?

I've done the "finger" test on the Amp and everything if fine. Both channels buzz like a good un so I know the Amp is fine. Also tested it with a CD player and it is OK.
Haven't anything to test the Digital Output.
I am struggling to come to terms with the Analogue Outs failing just when I move from WiFi to Hybrid. It seems something of a coincidence as it was working fine on WiFi, (except it lost connection on a daily basis). I guess another Factory Re-Set and set it up WiFi is called for.

kidstypike
2014-08-22, 05:52
I've done the "finger" test on the Amp and everything if fine. Both channels buzz like a good un so I know the Amp is fine. Also tested it with a CD player and it is OK.
Haven't anything to test the Digital Output.
I am struggling to come to terms with the Analogue Outs failing just when I move from WiFi to Hybrid. It seems something of a coincidence as it was working fine on WiFi, (except it lost connection on a daily basis). I guess another Factory Re-Set and set it up WiFi is called for.

Restart LMS ... it has been known.

bassbunny
2014-08-22, 08:55
Restart LMS ... it has been known.

Restarting LMS didn't work.

Another factory reset of both controller and receiver and set-up using WiFi and if works fine, so looks like Analogue Output is OK.
Any idea if you can change the Receiver to work on Ethernet without another full re-set?

bassbunny
2014-08-28, 07:39
Finally got it to work via Ethernet. Found some instructions whereby you can switch from Wireless to Ethernet without a full factory reset. So all good for a day and as soon as I switch my PC off, back to the yellow indicator and no connection between receiver and LMS. My media Library is housed on a 2TB drive contained in a desktop PC, so it gets turned off at night.
Am getting the feeling i am going 2 steps forward and 3 back.
I had always assumed it was the wireless connection from the Receiver that was the problem, hence the desire to use Ethernet, and who wouldn't if you could, now stumped again.

toby10
2014-08-28, 10:27
.... So all good for a day and as soon as I switch my PC off, back to the yellow indicator and no connection between receiver and LMS....

Isn't this normal? Yellow means not connected to server (PC off)? If your server PC is off it will indeed have no connection to server.

bassbunny
2014-08-28, 10:37
Isn't this normal? Yellow means not connected to server (PC off)? If your server PC is off it will indeed have no connection to server.

Sorry, didn't make that clear. Turn PC on again next day and it stays Yellow and I have to set the receiver up again.

Mnyb
2014-08-28, 11:19
Some more details on your network setup is needed ?

Do you use dhcp for the reciever , is rhe server pc's adress also dhcp or static ?

Whats the actual ip on the reciever and pc when this happens ?

Is port 3483 tcp open on the server pc .

What is the ip of the dhcp server ( usually your router ) .

I assume you are conectez trough a router not an ethernet cable directly to the pc ?

w3wilkes
2014-08-28, 19:28
At least in my wireless setup of my Duets if I shut off the server the receiver light turns blue. To me this indicates that the receiver has a IP address (since I can see it as a attached device from my router), but no server connection per the wiki
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SBR_front_button_and_LED
I think yellow is no network connection.

Mnyb
2014-08-28, 21:06
At least in my wireless setup of my Duets if I shut off the server the receiver light turns blue. To me this indicates that the receiver has a IP address (since I can see it as a attached device from my router), but no server connection per the wiki
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SBR_front_button_and_LED
I think yellow is no network connection.

Yes . Let's se what op says , if hes going directly to the pc he needs to have static ip at both ends .