PDA

View Full Version : How to access Browse Filesystem mode on LMS 7.9.0?

itm
2014-08-10, 05:00
I'm trying out LMS 7.9.0 as I liked the idea of the "Browse Filesystem" mode. I can't find how to access it from the web interface though - does anyone know?

tfec
2014-08-10, 05:11
You have to enable it:

itm
2014-08-10, 05:12
Doh! - Thanks!

itm
2014-08-10, 05:23
A follow-up question - the file system browser only shows drives up to L: (the server has X: and Y: drives mapped to network shares which I want to access). Is this a bug, or maybe something that I'm doing wrong?

tfec
2014-08-10, 05:36
It seems your display is paged. If you want to see all items, you have to change this number:

itm
2014-08-10, 05:39
It seems your display is paged. If you want to see all items, you have to change this number:

There are only 10 items on the page (and I have that setting set to 100 per page)
???

get.amped
2014-08-10, 05:49
A follow-up question - the file system browser only shows drives up to L: (the server has X: and Y: drives mapped to network shares which I want to access). Is this a bug, or maybe something that I'm doing wrong?

This may help:

Ok, here's the deal: the BMF menu usually would list music folders only. As of tomorrow, it'll also list folders for which you've disabled all media types to scan for. See this example, where I add /Volumes on my mac to get quick access to removable media. On Windows you could add entries for whatever drive letter your media usually is mounted.

http://gyazo.com/d584a2f2c6666229b2d7ba056760044c.png

(Well, that's in German, but I guess you get the point)

When adding such an entry, just make sure you un-check all media types in the right hand side columns, or it'll kick off a scan of all that folder and sub-folders... Drive letters on Windows should be accepted, even if no media is mounted. Any other entry needs to be available when you enter the path setting. Eg. you can't define /media/USBStick unless it's mounted. In this case just use the parent folder instead (as I did in my case).

This way you don't have to enable the "Browse file system" from the Extended Browse Modes plugin, and you don't have to wade through your list of drive letters / folders in the root of your file system. Does this make any sense?

itm
2014-08-10, 05:55
This may help:

Thanks. When I try that approach the folder contents show as "Empty". Is it because the folder isn't local to the server? (it's a share on the LAN). Does this only work for local disks on the server?

itm
2014-08-10, 05:59
Thanks. When I try that approach the folder contents show as "Empty". Is it because the folder isn't local to the server? (it's a share on the LAN). Does this only work for local disks on the server?

...and when I use the Browse button to select the folder (on the Basic Settings page) it does not show the Z: drive on the server (only drives C-L, which are all local HDD's)

get.amped
2014-08-10, 06:39
You might want to post these questions in this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101928-7-9-Play-tracks-without-storing-them-in-thedatabase

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 05:54
You have to enable it:

Old thread, but I just migrated to 7.9.

Can enable this option on the players. OK.

But where is it in the Webinterface?

Thx

Squeezy

mherger
2015-10-14, 06:30
> Can enable this option on the players. OK.
>
> But where is it in the Webinterface?

My Music / Musicfolder

--

Michael

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 07:50
>> But where is it in the Webinterface?[/color]

> My Music / Musicfolder

Thx for your reply. But this is not what I'm looking for.

Where is the menu entry for this:

http://zeus.whitehouse.lan:9000/clixmlbrowser/clicmd=browselibrary+items&linktitle=PLUGIN_EXTENDED_BROWSEMODES_BROWSEFS&mode=filesystem/index.html?mode=filesystem&player=00%3A04%3A20%3A07%3Ad3%3Aa8&index=&sess=

mherger
2015-10-14, 08:34
> Where is the menu entry for this:

I guess it's where you found that link :-).

Seriously, I don't understand what you're looking for. You have the
link. How can you be missing the menu item?

--

Michael

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 10:36
>
I guess it's where you found that link :-).

Seriously, I don't understand what you're looking for. You have the
link. How can you be missing the menu item?

I had that link in the menu. It disapeared. Dunno why. And so I do not know where to reactivate it. I've found the option (this thread) where to activate it for the players. But that is not enough. I want it in the menu of the WebIf. It is a such a useful thing. The link is from the browser history.

I've forgot: URL is still working, even though the menu entry is missing. I can access the FS-Browser via that URL. So the plugin itself is loaded.

mherger
2015-10-14, 10:46
> I had that link in the menu. It disapeared. Dunno why. And so I do not
> know where to reactivate it. I've found the option (this thread) where
> to activate it for the players. But that is not enough. I want it in the
> menu of the WebIf. It is a such a useful thing. The link is from the
> browser history.

Can you fully refresh the web UI, then post a screenshot of the left
hand side menu?

--

Michael

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 11:13
>
Can you fully refresh the web UI, then post a screenshot of the left
hand side menu?

mherger
2015-10-14, 12:17
Zeus Media Server? :)

Check the "Musikordner".

--

Michael

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 13:04
Zeus Media Server? :)

Check the "Musikordner".

Zeus is one of my servers. Hera is by his side. She has a LMS installed, too.

Anyway. Neither Zeus nor Hera have the missing menu item.

Musikordner an Zeus starts with 3 Doors Down and ends with ZZ Top. My collection is organized by Album Artist.

There is no root, /, \ or something else in Musikordner. How should the menu item be named in German?

mherger
2015-10-14, 20:37
> There is no root, /, \ or something else in Musikordner. How should the
> menu item be named in German?

It's there as "Dateisystem":

Are you sure you're controlling the player for which you've enabled that browse mode?

--

Michael

Squeezy
2015-10-14, 23:56
>
Are you sure you're controlling the player for which you've enabled that browse mode?

Outch! That's the trick. I thought the menu of the WebIf is independent. So I've to enable that feature for all players to be sure to have in the WebIf.

Thx

Squeezy