PDA

View Full Version : Duet - controller can't see player problem

andrews65
2014-08-09, 03:36
Hi. I started noticing problems with my Duet a couple of months ago. Player displays, red->yellow->green->white->blue->white->blue->red->yellow ... etc. (or various combinations thereof). I can occasionally coax it into playing a few seconds of internet radio but then is usually goes to blue.

I've today tried factory resets for controller and player. Situation now is that controller can't see player when player is sitting with the slow red light flashing. Controller shows software version 7.7.2 r9663 - not sure of player version.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? I've changed nothing in my wifi settings.

w3wilkes
2014-08-09, 09:05
Just checking that when you factory reset the player did you hold the button long enough to get the fast red blink before releasing the button? Then when the button is released it should drop back to the slow red blink. Then it should show up on the controller by its MAC address rather than the player name you've assigned.

andrews65
2014-08-09, 09:40
Just checking that when you factory reset the player did you hold the button long enough to get the fast red blink before releasing the button? Then when the button is released it should drop back to the slow red blink. Then it should show up on the controller by its MAC address rather than the player name you've assigned.

Yes, I did hold the button long enough to get the fast red blink. Still getting nothing showing up on the player list. I can see the player defined on my squeezebox server account, says firmware version is 77.

pinkdot
2014-08-09, 10:15
Normaly when I have issues like this I have to reset the Duet as well:

- Press and hold the "Home" key on the controller for 12 seconds, or until the controller turns off.

- Press and hold the "+" and "Home" buttons until the buttons light up and the controller turns on.

- Let go of the buttons as soon as the Logitech logo appears on the screen. The controller can now be set up.

w3wilkes
2014-08-09, 12:18
Very curious. Once the player (receiver) has been factory reset it should not be visible in Settings -> Information tab on the LMS server. Receiver firmware 77 is the most recent firmware, at least on my LMS 7.8 Community LMS Windows WHS2011 server. Can you see your music library in LMS from the Duet controller, just not the receiver? Can you play music to the receiver using LMS, just not the controller?