PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeLite-Wolfson howto?

alfiesty
2014-07-26, 12:39
I just got my Wolfson audio card for my rpi. I installed it on the pi, but when I choose wolfson on the SqueezeLite setup screen I get a message indicating Wolfson card not found. The green led on the card is lit. Do I need to plug in an external power source, and if so what voltage/current? Is there a howto somewhere on setting up this card to work with SqueezeLite?

Raspberry Pi, Wolfson Audio, 500 Gb harddisk, wireless connection, 5v1a power to pi, USB3 powered(4a) hub
Jim

Man in a van
2014-07-27, 00:15
I just got my Wolfson audio card for my rpi. I installed it on the pi, but when I choose wolfson on the SqueezeLite setup screen I get a message indicating Wolfson card not found. The green led on the card is lit. Do I need to plug in an external power source, and if so what voltage/current? Is there a howto somewhere on setting up this card to work with SqueezeLite?

Raspberry Pi, Wolfson Audio, 500 Gb harddisk, wireless connection, 5v1a power to pi, USB3 powered(4a) hub
Jim

I know of someone who recently had the same problem, it was solved by reformatting the SD card, a fresh download and install, follow the instruction video provided on the Tube thingy.

A 5v 2amp power supply for the pi may be benificial, but try first with what you have before any financial outlay.

atb

Ronnie

alfiesty
2014-07-27, 08:54
I know of someone who recently had the same problem, it was solved by reformatting the SD card, a fresh download and install, follow the instruction video provided on the Tube thingy.

A 5v 2amp power supply for the pi may be benificial, but try first with what you have before any financial outlay.

atb

Ronnie

Will reinstall, I have the latest version as of last Thursday, but I dl again.
I have a 5v4a supply that I can connect to the jack on the Wolfson board. Will this power the pi also?
Jim

Man in a van
2014-07-27, 11:35
Will reinstall, I have the latest version as of last Thursday, but I dl again.
I have a 5v4a supply that I can connect to the jack on the Wolfson board. Will this power the pi also?
Jim

Sorry Jim, I do not know much about the DAC so can not advise re giving it its own power supply.

I would just concentrate on the one power supply to the Raspberry. Also try with a Ethernet connection, then go wireless later.

Watch the installation video and try and follow the procedures in the outlined order (for some reason this, apparently, can make a difference).

If you use Putty then you can do both at the same time, then you will know if a procedure has been missed or did not run properly.

Do you have the DAC board screwed down correctly, with the pins pre-cleaned, as advised?

good luck, you'll get there:)

atb

Ronnie.

bpa
2014-07-27, 12:11
IIRC The Wolfson used to require special driver or a special kernel. Have you checked your installed kernel supports Wolfson ?

Can you get audio out of thew Wolfson using normal Pi commands ?

Man in a van
2014-07-27, 12:56
IIRC The Wolfson used to require special driver or a special kernel. Have you checked your installed kernel supports Wolfson ?

Can you get audio out of thew Wolfson using normal Pi commands ?

During the installation process, the option to select the Wolfson DAC is given, the software then checks if the DAC board is attached and downloads the required files for installation.

Then one has to reboot and complete the installation.

I have not actually done this myself as I don't have a Wolfson DAC, but the last time time I tried a Squeezeplug install I selected the Wolfson DAC option (from curiosity) and the actions I have described were offered.

To Jim;

are you using LMS as server? the player should show in the LMS web GUI when it is installed.

atb

Ronnie.

alfiesty
2014-07-29, 08:12

atb

Ronnie

I tried this. No luck! I loaded the Wolfson image at Element14 and it works fine, I guess I'll stick with that.
Jim

Man in a van
2014-07-29, 09:09
I tried this. No luck! I loaded the Wolfson image at Element14 and it works fine, I guess I'll stick with that.
Jim

All roads lead to Rome!!

atb

Ronnie.

twiddlepie
2014-12-01, 23:08
Hi Guys,

I have a Pi with a wolfson audio card, running LMS and Squeezelite. It works great, except it will not play MP3 radio streams, for example Kiwi FM (MP3, 64 kbps). It shows them as playing in the GUI, but no sound comes out. It plays MP3s off my NAS drive with no problems, AAC radio streams etc.

I installed all this using the Squeezeplug file, and selected all the correct options for wolfson. I wonder, could there be a problem with the codec?

When someone above installed the image from wolfson, was that along side the functioning LMS and squeezelite? If so, how do i do that, without wiping what is already on the card?

Any guidance/suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian

castalla
2014-12-02, 01:25
Hi Guys,

I have a Pi with a wolfson audio card, running LMS and Squeezelite. It works great, except it will not play MP3 radio streams, for example Kiwi FM (MP3, 64 kbps). It shows them as playing in the GUI, but no sound comes out. It plays MP3s off my NAS drive with no problems, AAC radio streams etc.

I installed all this using the Squeezeplug file, and selected all the correct options for wolfson. I wonder, could there be a problem with the codec?

When someone above installed the image from wolfson, was that along side the functioning LMS and squeezelite? If so, how do i do that, without wiping what is already on the card?

Any guidance/suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian

Came across another posting here about a similar problem on a Mac.

Run squeezelite -h

check the -c line - is mp3 listed? If not then,

Try

sudo apt-get install libmad

then

sudo apt-get install libmpg123