X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tobbes
    • Jul 2014

Squeezeplug RPi with Hardware Button

Hello,
    I want to add some Hardware Buttons to rpi over gpio to Control what its playing.

First idea was to autostart with a defined playlist (radiostations) at boot time.
    With four buttons Play, Pause, next, prev it should be possible to choose a radiostations. But this means to have a lcd display to See what is happening next after hit prev or next.

Second idea is to add four or five station buttons that directly start to play the choosen station.

Which player : squeezelite, squeezeslave or squeezeplay is the best for me?
    I would prefer the first idea with LCD ( best with LCDproc). Also the second solution with 4or5 buttons would be nice.

Which commands in a python script could help me for my project?

Is there any Tutorial Out there ?

Thanks - Tobbes
  • usc95
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Tobbes
    Hello,
    I want to add some Hardware Buttons to rpi over gpio to Control what its playing.

First idea was to autostart with a defined playlist (radiostations) at boot time.
    With four buttons Play, Pause, next, prev it should be possible to choose a radiostations. But this means to have a lcd display to See what is happening next after hit prev or next.

Second idea is to add four or five station buttons that directly start to play the choosen station.

Which player : squeezelite, squeezeslave or squeezeplay is the best for me?
    I would prefer the first idea with LCD ( best with LCDproc). Also the second solution with 4or5 buttons would be nice.

Which commands in a python script could help me for my project?

Is there any Tutorial Out there ?

Thanks - Tobbes

You should take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlwlagkwlYU and his site here: http://www.emmaanuel.com/SqueezeBerr...c-Player-based

Comment

• Tobbes
      • Jul 2014

Thanks USC95.
      This is the perfect solution! (I would like to try in second step )
      Is it possible to start a radio station over terminal command for the station buttons of a low end solution?
      So I would start with some station buttons and a shutdown button without LCD and encoder ...

Thanks for more hints in this direction.
      Tobbes

Comment

Working...