PDA

View Full Version : Spotify: 502 bad gateway

bb1959
2014-07-18, 14:55
SBT is now showing this when I try to access Spotify app (don't use triodes app...can't because I use readynas duo and is not supported).

As much as I love the 2 SBT's I have, they are slowly becoming unusable (constant buffering on my local music, no more mog, spotify issues, etc.).

any ideas on what to do here?

Corelli45
2014-07-18, 23:08
You could use a Vortexbox as server and then use SBT as players..Vortexbox can also be used as a player.it's very effective and reliable.I have a silent Vortexbox as player and an SBT in the kitchen.

toby10
2014-07-19, 02:17
Can you play other Apps without the issue? Buffering on your own local music suggests a network and/or NAS issue on your end, not the Squeezebox players themselves.

bb1959
2014-07-20, 14:50
Spotify is the only app that has that error message. Any ideas on how to fix it?

pippin
2014-07-20, 16:15
Is it when you try to use the App or only when trying to use the playlists?

bb1959
2014-07-20, 19:23
Only when I try and use the playlists.

pippin
2014-07-20, 20:14
OK. Known issue.
Wait until holiday season is over (hopefully) or use the 3rd party plugin.

babsbabs
2014-07-21, 01:45
SBT is now showing this when I try to access Spotify app (don't use triodes app...can't because I use readynas duo and is not supported).

As much as I love the 2 SBT's I have, they are slowly becoming unusable (constant buffering on my local music, no more mog, spotify issues, etc.).

Hi,
Have Squeezebox Radio and have had the same problem now for two weeks 502 Bad Gateway. Really boring ! I think admin should have a look at the server connections or something. This is not a local issue in the particular area.

mherger
2014-07-21, 03:11
> OK. Known issue.

Can you reproduce this problem? It seems to be working fine for me:
enter Spotify app, select a playlist, play it.

--

Michael

bb1959
2014-07-21, 04:26
Can't use triode app because of my nas (sparc).

Still getting bad gateway.

garym
2014-07-21, 04:44

Your symptoms above point to a local network problem on your end (constant buffering and the spotify issue). In particular, the buffering on local music is a function of your network, wifi interference or strength, or something going on with your NAS. Is your local music FLAC, mp3, or ? And if FLAC, is it 16/44.1 (redbook CD) or hires. Since you have a sparc-based NAS, if you are trying to stream hires, or WAV/PCM, etc. this could be a problem.

p.s. when I started with Squeezeboxes I used a ReadyNAS sparc based nas. It was horrible. dropouts, slow browsing, etc. The problem was it was simply not powerful enough to really run LMS properly. Switched to a more powerful NAS (vortexbox on a small headless computer) and it was night and day. Everything has worked perfectly for years.

pippin
2014-07-21, 04:46
Michael, have a look at the Logitech forum, a lot of people seem to have this problem. I'm also getting a lot of user reports.

mherger
2014-07-21, 04:51
> Michael, have a look at the Logitech forum, a lot of people seem to have
> this problem. I'm also getting a lot of user reports.

But you're not seeing it yourself? I'm wondering whether this is
geographically or somehow other limited to some users (or servers) only.

--

Michael

garym
2014-07-21, 04:54
> Michael, have a look at the Logitech forum, a lot of people seem to have
> this problem. I'm also getting a lot of user reports.

But you're not seeing it yourself? I'm wondering whether this is
geographically or somehow other limited to some users (or servers) only.

--

Michael

a data point: I'm using triode's 3rd party spotify and I'm in eastern US. All Working fine.

pippin
2014-07-21, 05:39
I'm using Triode's plugin. Will give it a try with MySB tomorrow, if that helps you.

pippin
2014-07-21, 05:40
Btw: I don't think it's a regional thing if US is affected, I've been having reports from Germany as well.

bb1959
2014-08-10, 10:41
Well I finally broke down and got a VB and got rid of that pos readynas duo. No more issues! I can now use triodes spotify app, no buffering during high Rez files. So far so good.

Thanks for all the replies and to garym for finally pushing me over the edge on getting a vb. Should have done this years ago.

Brooks

garym
2014-08-11, 04:39
Well I finally broke down and got a VB and got rid of that pos readynas duo. No more issues! I can now use triodes spotify app, no buffering during high Rez files. So far so good.

Thanks for all the replies and to garym for finally pushing me over the edge on getting a vb. Should have done this years ago.

Brooks

Enjoy! (and nothing wrong with ReadyNas Duo, but it is just NOT the tool for running a program like LMS)