PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Squeezebox access - my experience

castalla
2014-07-16, 16:29
Well, we are suffering a total phone line snaffu - no internet, no outgoing calls, no incoming calls. Given my current location, this will be a major hassle to fix.

However ...

I do have mobile/cell access - so I enabled a wifi access point and connected 2 SB devices to this. Seems to work - had one disconnect but the devices auto-reconnected after a moment or two.

get.amped
2014-07-16, 16:33
It's good to see you've got your priorities straight.

JJZolx
2014-07-16, 16:39
I don't understand why losing your phone line should affect your Squeezeboxes' ability to connect to your network. That sounds like an odd setup if that's the case.

castalla
2014-07-16, 16:45
It's good to see you've got your priorities straight.

Many, many years ago, as an avid network admin I deployed Wordperfect for all users - the best wordprocessor at the time (sadly killed off by the very inferior M$Word). When you called Customer Support, they used to play 'It's Gotta be Pefect' by Fairground Attraction. Cool!

So, 'It's Gotta Be Squeezebox ' - not as catchy. I admit.

I think we're under some sort of hex - my car also packed in today I dread to think what the third strike will be!

castalla
2014-07-16, 16:49
I don't understand why losing your phone line should affect your Squeezeboxes' ability to connect to your network. That sounds like an odd setup if that's the case.

Radio streaming fails without the internet.

JJZolx
2014-07-16, 17:01
Seriously? That's your emergency?

You couldn't just listen to your Burt Bacharach and Justin Bieber music collection for the duration of the phone line outage?

castalla
2014-07-16, 17:10
Seriously? That's your emergency?

You couldn't just listen to your Burt Bacharach and Justin Bieber music collection for the duration of the phone line outage?

NO!

Although Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris in All The Roadrunning has a certain appeal!