PDA

View Full Version : Remote works intermittently

Gus
2014-07-11, 00:21
I've got an 4 SB3's (vintage!) one of which is sporadic in taking instruction from its remote.

I've done a bit of testing and noticed that 1) if I take the remote to one of the other SB3s, it works fine (so the issue appears to be with that SB3, rather than the remote control).

The other thing is that when I first fire up the server in the morning, it all works fine. It appears that the problem happens only after the server's been running for awhile, typically from early evening onward.

Very strange. Can anyone offer up an explanation -- and, better yet, a solution -- for this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gus

toby10
2014-07-11, 02:27
Tried swapping two SB3's, see if issue follows the player or problem is location based? Any fluorescent lights turned on in the evening that may be interfering with the IR sensor in the player?

yeomanspc
2014-07-11, 05:14
do you have an ir blaster / receiver in the room. No remotes hidden under a book with key pressed?

Gus
2014-07-11, 20:26
Tried swapping two SB3's, see if issue follows the player or problem is location based? Any fluorescent lights turned on in the evening that may be interfering with the IR sensor in the player?

Hadn't occurred to me that it might be a location issue. I've gone ahead a swapped two (although the second location is much less used, so might take awhile to see results). There are no fluorescent lights nearby. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gus
2014-07-11, 20:27
do you have an ir blaster / receiver in the room. No remotes hidden under a book with key pressed?

No and No. Nothing like that that in the room, thanks.