PDA

View Full Version : Can't see my playlists on Spotify anymore

Franck
2014-07-09, 14:39
Hello,

I use my Squeezebox Touch since a long time with my Spotify Premium account and everything was ok until a few days.
Now, I can't see my playlist anymore.

I can make search in the Spotify menu, I can play songs, I can see my favorites too but... I don't see my playlists !

If someone has an idea...

Thanks

babsbabs
2014-07-10, 02:04
Hi, have a Squeezebox radio as well. For 3 days I have been unable to get to my playlists on spotify. The radio works, the wi-fi works but Spotify is having real troubles. Maintenance please! Have look at the server, last time it was a server problem on admin level.
Rgds
Babs /Finland

Hello,

I use my Squeezebox Touch since a long time with my Spotify Premium account and everything was ok until a few days.
Now, I can't see my playlist anymore.

I can make search in the Spotify menu, I can play songs, I can see my favorites too but... I don't see my playlists !

If someone has an idea...

Thanks

h_asendorf
2014-07-16, 04:43
I have the same problem and have just cancelled my spotify premium subscription because of it.

The search option in the logitech spotify plug in is absolutely useless - at least if you search by artist you will get tons of albums which all can't be played back.
So my only workaround was to use the spotify IOS app to search for albums - create a playlist and then play it back in the squeezebox.
The workaround is now gone.

I think this has been reported a couple of times with multiple threads now.
But - is someone from Logitech around here who will do something about this ?

I don't think anyone should expect spotify to sort this out as they won't.
And additionally - Triode's third party spotify plug-in does not have this problem.

Or - even better - can someone give Triode the necessary options in order to make his plug in able to play back multiple spotify streams at a time - just as the logitech spotify plug-in does ?
That is the only reason why I cannot use his plug-in.

pippin
2014-07-16, 04:54

Wait until holiday season is over. Seriously.

Or - even better - can someone give Triode the necessary options in order to make his plug in able to play back multiple spotify streams at a time - just as the logitech spotify plug-in does ?

Ask Spotify. That said: this is pretty much a "no". Triode uses the public libspotify and the rules for that (set by Spotify) are pretty clear: only one stream at a time.

Triode
2014-07-16, 10:07
I have the same problem and have just cancelled my spotify premium subscription because of it.

The search option in the logitech spotify plug in is absolutely useless - at least if you search by artist you will get tons of albums which all can't be played back.
So my only workaround was to use the spotify IOS app to search for albums - create a playlist and then play it back in the squeezebox.
The workaround is now gone.

I don't think anyone should expect spotify to sort this out as they won't.
And additionally - Triode's third party spotify plug-in does not have this problem.

That is the only reason why I cannot use his plug-in.

To get multiple streams you need the logitech playback capability and a radio or touch so it has access to the Spotify capablity they negotiated for multiple playback sessions per account. However I think it is possible to use my plugin for the menus to find what to play. If you don't have "always stream by helper" set in my plugin then it should use the logitech playback code. I've not tried recently but you may find that doing this allows you to get more streams?

virnuls
2014-11-09, 12:53
Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I've been using LMS and the (official) Spotify plug-in for years, but in the last week I find that I'm unable to see my playlists. I'm running 7.7.3 on a Synology NAS.

oskaalb
2014-11-10, 15:05
I have the same problem with LMS 7.7.2 on a NetgearReadyNAS Ultra 2 running Triode's Spotify Plugin v. 2.3.9.
Spotify works OK on my Onkyo receiver so my account is fine, but scrolling through playlists on the Onkyo's display isn't very user friendly. I would like to have my Duet working again, so please help.