PDA

View Full Version : Fishbone Skin Comments



Ralph Edington
2004-12-01, 17:05
P.S. Maybe somebody can help me -- what does the Fishbone skin's "Move to
Zapped playlist" mean? I'm scared to try it -- I don't particularly want to
"zap" anything at the moment, but I'm sure curious...

RE

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Edington [mailto:ralph (AT) edington (DOT) com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:03 PM
To: 'Slim Devices Discussion'
Subject: Fishbone Skin Comments


OK, so I've just discovered the Fishbone skin. How great it is!

I was put off of Fishbone at first, because on my computer it gives some
kind of internet explorer script error when loading it. I hope that's not
important, as the skin seems to function fine after that error.

Fishbone is truly the best skin out there. Its features enhance the
manageability of playlists SIGNIFICANTLY. How odd that so very few other
skins, programs, etc take into account that you might actually want to
SUBTRACT an artist, album or song from a playlist, rather than start
building a new list from scratch. Fishbone makes this child's play!

My only complaint is the colors. White text on black background is somewhat
offputting for me.

I hereby humbly ask the God of Fishbone to publish a "Fishbone Light"
version with different colors -- perhaps colors more like the "default"
skin? In particular, I find the alternating background/highlight colors of
the "Default" lists very helpful when trying to track across the screen...

Anyway, great job! Awesome Skin!

RE

kdf
2004-12-01, 18:46
Quoting Ralph Edington <ralph (AT) edington (DOT) com>:

> P.S. Maybe somebody can help me -- what does the Fishbone skin's "Move to
> Zapped playlist" mean? I'm scared to try it -- I don't particularly want to
> "zap" anything at the moment, but I'm sure curious...

Zap is a playlist feature. Using the weblink moves the currently playing song
from teh current playlist and stores it in a special playlist called Zapped.m3u
in your playlists folder for later. You can use this for storing favourites,
but it was initially designed as a place for bad files to be put for later
reference.

This feature is also available form teh player UI. While browsing the current
playlist (via "now playing") you can press-and-hold add to 'zap' the displayed
song.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ralph Edington [mailto:ralph (AT) edington (DOT) com]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:03 PM
> To: 'Slim Devices Discussion'
> Subject: Fishbone Skin Comments
>
>
> OK, so I've just discovered the Fishbone skin. How great it is!

Thanks.

> I was put off of Fishbone at first, because on my computer it gives some
> kind of internet explorer script error when loading it. I hope that's not
> important, as the skin seems to function fine after that error.

I believe this shoudl be fixed in the latest nightly builds, so it should be
fine for the 5.4.1 release. I've certianly not seen any errors in IE myself
recently.


> My only complaint is the colors. White text on black background is somewhat
> offputting for me.

It was originally based on the "Dark" skin because I dislike white backgrounds.
The other design intent was to be fairly different from the default.

> I hereby humbly ask the God of Fishbone to publish a "Fishbone Light"
> version with different colors -- perhaps colors more like the "default"
> skin? In particular, I find the alternating background/highlight colors of
> the "Default" lists very helpful when trying to track across the screen...

were someone in teh mood to take this, most of the colours are set in the
slimserver.css file which is simple plain text using standard HTML colour
codes. That or a bit of cutting and pasting between *_list.html files ought to
get you where you want to go. I probably wont do it myself, but anyone is
welcome to take any bits and pieces they like to use in their own skin. Any
questions on what certain bits do, or how to tweak something can always be
posted to the developers list.

cheers,
kdf