PDA

View Full Version : Importing transporter from US to UK

rumbo
2014-07-01, 10:18
I wish to buy/import a transporter from the US to me in the UK. I was just wondering if there was any reason the unit would not work here in the UK. Looking at images on the reverse of the unit suggests to me it should be Ok here. Would I need a different power supply or anything. I'm a newbie here and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

pippin
2014-07-01, 10:30
It will work, you just need a different cord... Although even that might be included, some of my Squeezeboxes came with UK plugs.
My Transporter is also imported from the US, no problem here in Germany with the European voltage. Not sure whether the power supply is auto switching or needed to be set to the correct voltage, you might want to look that up in the manual.

rumbo
2014-07-01, 11:04
Thanks Pippin, I will check with the seller about the cord.

pippin
2014-07-01, 11:26
It's a standard plug on the power supply side so you probably won't have a problem to find a replacement if you need to

callesoroe
2014-07-01, 12:20
I wish to buy/import a transporter from the US to me in the UK. I was just wondering if there was any reason the unit would not work here in the UK. Looking at images on the reverse of the unit suggests to me it should be Ok here. Would I need a different power supply or anything. I'm a newbie here and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

I have imported my Transporter from USA to Denmark, and there is no problems at all. Power supply is autoswitching. You just need a plug adapter/(or new cord) to the big ugly ones that you have in UK :p