PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody sudden bad behavior

rgro
2014-06-30, 12:20
First of all, I'm quite certain this is NOT a mySqueezebox.com issue as it also occurs with my non-Logitech/Squeezebox straight IE Rhapsody browser web interface.

Yesterday, I noticed that a large number, but not all, of the Rhapsody tracks in my various playlists were not playing. A few would, but many would not. When I went to just my straight IE web browser Rhapsody interface, I am seeing a message that it's "unable to make a connection" which pretty much mirrors the error message that's displayed on the Touch. I know it's not a general connection issue between me and Rhapsody as some albums I have in my Rhapsody library and other assorted tracks will play just fine.

I'm also aware that accessibility to any content via Rhapsody can come and go, but this is a kind of a wholesale difference (dozens of tracks) from the playlists I was able to play just fine 3-4 days ago. Neither the albums nor the tracks are "grayed" out as they would be if the content were not available any more---for all appearances it seems that the many albums and tracks should still be available for playing.

Rhapsody used to have a forum where such things were discussed or technical issues were announced by Rhapsody support folks, but that seems to have disappeared. LMS is great in that if a track isn't available in a playlist, it just transparently goes on to the next one, so the only way I knew this was happening was from my memory of what should have been there, but wasn't.

Anybody else having this issue? If it's more than just me, maybe Michael Herger could have a look into what's going on and let me/us know??

Thanks!!

pippin
2014-06-30, 12:22
I've seen several more reports of this.

Looks like Rhapsody has made another change.
Unfortunately, Michael is on vacation as I understand

rgro
2014-06-30, 12:50
I've seen several more reports of this.

Looks like Rhapsody has made another change.
Unfortunately, Michael is on vacation as I understand

Ah....well, I guess I'll have to live with it one way or the other. But, appreciate the information, Pippin. Odd, though, that if they've made some sort of change, their own web interface isn't fully functional, either.

pippin
2014-06-30, 12:52
Oh, you mean Rhapsody's own? I misunderstood that. This indeed looks more like they are having a problem, then.

rgro
2014-06-30, 13:02
Oh, you mean Rhapsody's own? I misunderstood that. This indeed looks more like they are having a problem, then.

Yep, that's what I meant to communicate---that it's not only the LMS interface, but Rhapsody's own interface that is having the same problem.

Edit: It seems that whatever problem cropped up, yesterday, has been solved as of this afternoon. Now, everything's back to normal and all tracks playing from both LMS and Rhapsody direct web interface.