PDA

View Full Version : Question on Synchronizing multiple players

MikeDC
2014-06-25, 10:14
I have 3 players in my system, a SqueezeBox Radio (the original), SqueezeBox Touch, and am using SqueezeLite on a PC. All music is stored on the PC. The SqueezeBox Touch's sole purpose is to control SqueezeLite on the PC. The Touch is not connected to an amplifier.

I would like all 3 units to be synchronized however, the Radio needs independent volume control.

Is this arrangement possible? I have not hit on the right combination of settings to do this. There is an "independent volume control" setting in LMS for the other two players, but not the radio.

Thank you!!

Mike

get.amped
2014-06-25, 10:29
I have 3 players in my system, a SqueezeBox Radio (the original), SqueezeBox Touch, and am using SqueezeLite on a PC. All music is stored on the PC. The SqueezeBox Touch's sole purpose is to control SqueezeLite on the PC. The Touch is not connected to an amplifier.

I would like all 3 units to be synchronized however, the Radio needs independent volume control.

Is this arrangement possible? I have not hit on the right combination of settings to do this. There is an "independent volume control" setting in LMS for the other two players, but not the radio.

Thank you!!

Mike

Synch and volume control are separate functions. On non-amplified devices (Classic, Duet, Touch) volume control is either fixed at 100% or variable. The Radio and Boom are always variable. I don't believe you will be able to control the volume on Squeezelite from the Touch interface.

Mnyb
2014-06-25, 10:54
Synch and volume control are separate functions. On non-amplified devices (Classic, Duet, Touch) volume control is either fixed at 100% or variable. The Radio and Boom are always variable. I don't believe you will be able to control the volume on Squeezelite from the Touch interface.

In LMS player settings for squeezelite just set it to fixed ? and it will be fixed regardless of controll interface or if you sync volume