PDA

View Full Version : FLAC metadata problem



John Hernandez
2004-12-01, 11:27
>> I have tagged many FLAC files in my collection using the Java program
>> Entagged. Instead of using TRACKNUMBER=xx in the header, Entagged has
>> written TRACK=xx. I've submitted a bug report. It appears that
>> Slimserver does not recognize this tag. Is there an easy way to modify
>> the FLAC.pm code such that this tag will be recognized _in addition to
>> the standard tag_?
>>
>> Alternatively, can anyone suggest a way to correct this tag in a bulk,
>> automated fashion?

> TRACKNUMBER is the de facto standard for vorbis tags. I'd update your
> tags or other programs would be confused as well. There's a few ways
> to update your tags pretty easily ... tell us what OS you are using and
> someone should be able to help.

I figured that would be the best solution. I'm running flac-1.1.0 on
Linux (Fedora Core 3). I've got this so far, which seems to work fine:

metaflac --export-vc-to=- $file | sed -e 's/TRACK=/TRACKNUMBER=/' \
| metaflac --remove-vc-all --import-vc-from=- $file

Any caveats? Also, I'm unsure of the best way to script this to recurse
through a directory tree, identify flacs, and modify accordingly.

Jason Holtzapple
2004-12-01, 12:04
John Hernandez wrote:
> >> Alternatively, can anyone suggest a way to correct this tag in a bulk,
> >> automated fashion?
>
> > TRACKNUMBER is the de facto standard for vorbis tags. I'd update your
> > tags or other programs would be confused as well. There's a few ways
> > to update your tags pretty easily ... tell us what OS you are using and
> > someone should be able to help.
>
> I figured that would be the best solution. I'm running flac-1.1.0 on
> Linux (Fedora Core 3). I've got this so far, which seems to work fine:
>
> metaflac --export-vc-to=- $file | sed -e 's/TRACK=/TRACKNUMBER=/' \
> | metaflac --remove-vc-all --import-vc-from=- $file
>
> Any caveats? Also, I'm unsure of the best way to script this to recurse
> through a directory tree, identify flacs, and modify accordingly.

That would be similar to my solution. I would place that inside a small
script (replacing $file with $1) and use

find /dir -name "*flac" -exec myscript {} \;

John Hernandez
2004-12-01, 13:09
Jason Holtzapple wrote:

> John Hernandez wrote:
>
>> >> Alternatively, can anyone suggest a way to correct this tag in a
>> bulk,
>> >> automated fashion?
>>
>> > TRACKNUMBER is the de facto standard for vorbis tags. I'd update your
>> > tags or other programs would be confused as well. There's a few ways
>> > to update your tags pretty easily ... tell us what OS you are
>> using and
>> > someone should be able to help.
>>
>> I figured that would be the best solution. I'm running flac-1.1.0 on
>> Linux (Fedora Core 3). I've got this so far, which seems to work fine:
>>
>> metaflac --export-vc-to=- $file | sed -e 's/TRACK=/TRACKNUMBER=/' \
>> | metaflac --remove-vc-all --import-vc-from=- $file
>>
>> Any caveats? Also, I'm unsure of the best way to script this to
>> recurse through a directory tree, identify flacs, and modify
>> accordingly.
>
>
> That would be similar to my solution. I would place that inside a small
> script (replacing $file with $1) and use
>
> find /dir -name "*flac" -exec myscript {} \;
>

Jason Holtzapple
2004-12-01, 13:59
John Hernandez wrote:
> Jason Holtzapple wrote:
>> find /dir -name "*flac" -exec myscript {} \;
>>

Roy M. Silvernail
2004-12-01, 14:06
John Hernandez wrote:

> Jason Holtzapple wrote:
>
>> That would be similar to my solution. I would place that inside a small
>> script (replacing $file with $1) and use
>>
>> find /dir -name "*flac" -exec myscript {} \;
>>

John Hernandez
2004-12-01, 14:31
Jason Holtzapple wrote:
> John Hernandez wrote:
>
>> Jason Holtzapple wrote:
>>
>>> find /dir -name "*flac" -exec myscript {} \;
>>>