PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Squeezebox iPad App

adagio
2014-06-15, 06:31
I have used the BBC iPlayer plugin, now v1.2.12 by Triode, for some years with my Duet. It works perfectly on the Logitech remote, the web interface and the Logitech Squeezebox Controller App on my Android phone. However, the Logitech Squeezebox App in my iPad (v4 iOS7) fails to display "yesterday's" programmes. This suggests to that the problem lies with the iPad App not the plugin.

Any ideas?

pippin
2014-06-15, 06:42
Could you tell me exactly where that would be? I can't find "Yesterday's programs" in any of my UIs but maybe that's because I'm not in the UK

kesey
2014-06-15, 06:47
I have used the BBC iPlayer plugin, now v1.2.12 by Triode, for some years with my Duet. It works perfectly on the Logitech remote, the web interface and the Logitech Squeezebox Controller App on my Android phone. However, the Logitech Squeezebox App in my iPad (v4 iOS7) fails to display "yesterday's" programmes. This suggests to that the problem lies with the iPad App not the plugin.

Any ideas?
David, I would invest in iPeng. It is a wonderful program/interface for controlling your Squeezeboxes/LMS. It works a dream on the iPad and costs very little. I just tried it on Radio 3 to make sure that nothing has changed, and it displays and plays the last week's programmes.

kesey
2014-06-15, 06:49
Could you tell me exactly where that would be? I can't find "Yesterday's programs" in any of my UIs but maybe that's because I'm not in the UK

Pippin, in iPeng go into Radios, select BBC iPlayer, then e.g. Radio 3. The programmes for the last week will be listed by day of the week. (I'm not in the U.K either)

pippin
2014-06-15, 06:55
Wow, that's spooky.
You are right, it works correctly in iPeng 7 (on iPad) but the Logitech App is missing Saturday on the same iPad.
Must be some kind of filtering issue.

Can't compare to Android, the Android version of Logitech's App doesn't work at all for me since the latest Android update (crashed whenever I try to select a player).

Well, the Logitech App is getting old....

kesey
2014-06-15, 07:04
Wow, that's spooky.
You are right, it works correctly in iPeng 7 (on iPad) but the Logitech App is missing Saturday on the same iPad.

Can't compare to Android, the Android version of Logitech's App doesn't work at all for me since the latest Android update (crashed whenever I try to select a player).

I just tried Orange Squeeze on my HTC One, and BBC iPlayer is working fine. I prefer iPeng, not least because of the iPad screen size:-)

pippin
2014-06-15, 07:07
I just tried Orange Squeeze on my HTC One, and BBC iPlayer is working fine. I prefer iPeng, not least because of the iPad screen size:-)

But iPeng works correctly for me, do you have issues there as well?

kesey
2014-06-15, 07:21
But iPeng works correctly for me, do you have issues there as well?

Sorry if I was unclear. In post #3 above I said iPeng is working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. I'm listening to yesterday's (Sat 14 june) Jazz Line-Up, presenter Claire Martin, on Radio 3 at the moment via iPeng. Great programme.

kidstypike
2014-06-15, 12:35
Wow, that's spooky.

Orangesqueeze has all days.
Logitech App is missing "Saturday" on Android Nexus 7.

adagio
2014-06-22, 03:26

Sorry for the delay in replying I have been away. Perhaps I did not express myself well. "Yesterday's" should perhaps have been "The previous day's".

Today is Sunday the screenshot below does not list Saturday. On all other platforms I have tried Saturday is present.

pippin
2014-06-22, 03:29
Yea, as you can see in the discussion above, I eventually got that. And yes, it's an issue in the App, use a different one if you care about the feature, I wouldn't expect to see a fix of the Logi App.