PDA

View Full Version : Rasperry Pi + 2.8" Display+ Squeezeplay = not working :(

CyberDannen
2014-06-08, 01:49
Hi there,

I'm sitting at my Raspberry and try get up and running SqueezePlay. I have buy the RPi display - 2.8 "touch display (320x240) RPi-Display and boot with the rasbian Image from the manufacturer (https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display) and install (SqueezePlay-7.8.0-337-armhf.tgz) SqueezePlay. It starts but stays at the initial image stuck. It also seems the resolution of 320x240 not to display properly. Did you maybe tips for me, how do I get SqueezePlay on the display to work?

Sorry for my english :)

Big thx

CyberDannen

ralphy
2014-06-08, 08:47
Hi there,

I'm sitting at my Raspberry and try get up and running SqueezePlay. I have buy the RPi display - 2.8 "touch display (320x240) RPi-Display and boot with the rasbian Image from the manufacturer (https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display) and install (SqueezePlay-7.8.0-337-armhf.tgz) SqueezePlay. It starts but stays at the initial image stuck. It also seems the resolution of 320x240 not to display properly. Did you maybe tips for me, how do I get SqueezePlay on the display to work?

Sorry for my english :)

Big thx

CyberDannen

The default touch skin is 480x272, to use a different resolution, you'll need to modify the skin, or find a skin which matches your display.

Deleting the $HOME/.squeezeplay folder while squeezeplay is NOT running sometimes fixes hanging on startup.

I'd suggest using the root user to run squeezeplay if you're not.

There's also a newer X armhf build r417 available on my squeezebox client downloads site, see my signature for the link, which has lots of alsa enhancements and fixes.

See the i386.readme file for install details for the .deb package, it's the same for armhf. Please delete /opt/squeezeplay before installing either the tar file or package, backing up any changes first.

There is also jivelite and squeezelite that you can try if you can't get squeezeplay working.

CyberDannen
2014-06-08, 09:30
Thx for this information, If have delete the old version und install yours. And I found a Skin for 320x240. I copy the files into "/opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/" and start squeezeplay at root. But I became following Message and the display stops at initscreen "free your music" (at wrong esolution :( )

Is it posible to select the Skin from the command line ?

Error:
./squeezeplay.sh: Zeile 50: 2432 Speicherzugriffsfehler ./jive

I used this skin, from Keeze( 2013-12-10, 07:29 ) at the thread "JiveLite - cut down squeezeboxcontrol application"

ralphy
2014-06-08, 11:08
Thx for this information, If have delete the old version und install yours. And I found a Skin for 320x240. I copy the files into "/opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/" and start squeezeplay at root. But I became following Message and the display stops at initscreen "free your music" (at wrong esolution :( )

Is it posible to select the Skin from the command line ?

Error:
./squeezeplay.sh: Zeile 50: 2432 Speicherzugriffsfehler ./jive

I used this skin, from Keeze( 2013-12-10, 07:29 ) at the thread "JiveLite - cut down squeezeboxcontrol application"

The segmentation fault could be from the new skin as I've been using squeezeplay on my rpi all morning without issue.

I believe jivelite and squeezeplay have different initialization requirements for skins.

CyberDannen
2014-06-08, 11:24
I have installed Jivelite and Squeezelite. But wenn I start Jivelite I become this mesage: "Speicherzugriffsfehler" and I see the initscreen at a wrong resolution but no more.

CyberDannen
2014-06-15, 05:10
now on a LCD Monitor via HDMI I can start Squeezeplay. It seems like a problem with the image and the Display driver at the 2,8" Display :(

If sameone have time or ideas for a resean, please feel free to write it down :)

CyberDannen
2014-07-15, 09:07
The manufacturer has helped me and now starts SqueezePlay via mirror the HDMI (fbcp) to the Display.

There is still a problem that the touchpad is not properly set, and the resolution or the scaling is not correct. Let's see if someone or I can correct this :)

If anyone want to try it, download the image from https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display ....than

#install Squeezeplay
wget http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeplay_7.8.0~337_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i squeezeplay_7.8.0~337_armhf.deb
sudo chmod u+s /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive_alsa
#start HDMI Clone to Display
fbcp &
sudo /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &
#switch back to HDMI only
killall fbcp

If we start squeezeplay direct on the display there is a mamory error at the init screen

sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &

If someone maybe has an idea how to solve the resolution problem, please report.

Big thx 4 Help 2 watterott

Roland0
2014-07-15, 13:12
There is still a problem that the touchpad is not properly set, and the resolution or the scaling is not correct. Let's see if someone or I can correct this :)

There may be a resolution mismatch between your two framebuffers. Check your syslog for lines like

raspberrypi fbcp: Primary display is 720 x 480
raspberrypi fbcp: Second display is ....

Not sure how fbcp handles such a situation, but since you start squeezeplay on the main display (HDMI), it will use this display's resolution...

If we start squeezeplay direct on the display there is a mamory error at the init screen

sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh &

Not exactly a lot of information to go on (e.g. what is the "init screen", exactly? Does it bail out while starting jive, or during jive's startup procedure? etc).
Anyway, make sure SDL_FBDEV is still set to /dev/fb1 when /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive_alsa is executed in squeezeplay.sh

CyberDannen
2014-07-16, 11:21
Here the syslog entries....

Jul 14 18:34:53 raspberrypi fbcp[2260]: Primary display is 720 x 480
Jul 14 18:34:53 raspberrypi fbcp[2260]: Second display is 320 x 240 16bps

I tried to change the HDMI mode via the boot / config.txt. But since I can not set a resolution of 320x240.

OK, I have correct the lin in squeezeplay.sh from "./jive" to "sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive &"

Now i become a error by jive :(

sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive
/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive: error while loading shared libraries: libtolua++.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

at the Beginning it was this error at squeezeplay.sh:

/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: line 50: 4326 Segmentation fault ./jive

I mean the Screen where is "Free your musix" as initscreent :)

Roland0
2014-07-16, 12:01
I tried to change the HDMI mode via the boot / config.txt. But since I can not set a resolution of 320x240.

Have you tried fbset instead?

OK, I have correct the lin in squeezeplay.sh from "./jive" to "sudo SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive &"

/opt/squeezeplay/bin/jive: error while loading shared libraries: libtolua++.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now it's getting confusing - are you executing the script (1st case) or the binary directly (2nd case, don't do that) ?

Anyway, revert your changes in squeezeplay.sh and instead insert
export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
somwhere before
./jive

ralphy
2014-07-17, 05:05

You must add

SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1

to /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh script and run squeezeplay.sh not jive directly for the libraries to be found.

CyberDannen
2014-07-17, 12:14
Hi there,

have now tried the squeezeplay.sh with and without export

export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
#SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
./jive

Last line...and no more

20140717 18:48:48.708 INFO squeezeplay.ui.draw - jive_surface_set_video_mode:860 Video Setup for fullscreen

With fbset I try to set the resolution to 320 x 240. Because the copy from fb0 to fb1 is active, I only changed fb0 with:

fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 320 240 320 240 16

Without success.

fbset -s
mode "320x240"
geometry 320 240 320 240 16
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
endmode

I will go on next weekend :)

CyberDannen
2014-07-18, 11:04
Find no solution

:(

ronny_b
2014-12-21, 10:59
Find no solution

Hello,

is there news? I have the same problem with the error "/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: line 50: 4326 Segmentation fault ./jive". :(

Thanks
Ronny

ronny_b
2014-12-21, 11:01
Find no solution

Hello,

is there news? I have the same problem with the error "/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: line 50: 4326 Segmentation fault ./jive". :(

Thanks
Ronny

ronny_b
2014-12-22, 10:35
Hello,

Thanks
Ronny

rippi46
2015-04-01, 06:46
Hi,
use the LCDSkin.zip of massage 158 of this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98156-Announce-JiveLite-cut-down-squeezebox-control-application/page16

- put the files in /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin
- remove WQVGAsmallSkinApplet.lua and WQVGAsmallSkinMeta.lua
- start /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh and now you have the right Display 320x240

Max2Play
2016-10-18, 06:23
In case somebody is still looking for a good solution for this, we have the Watterott 2,8" touchscreen compatible with our touchscreen image and a fitting Jivelite skin to incorporate it into the Squeezebox system from the first start. I actually made a detailed Instructable (http://www.instructables.com/id/Audio-Solution-with-Control-and-Visualization-on-a/) on the combination and its use with Max2Play to show how easy it is to set up.