PDA

View Full Version : problem with logging into squeezebox

2ee4
2014-06-06, 19:23
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up squeezebox on my raspberry pi, have downloaded latest version and installed on sd card, gone through everything and have logged in with required Login and password all good.
But then I am asked to make a donation to Squeezebox( more than willing to do so) but then will I be sent a code to proceed further in installation this does not seem clear.
this is where I am at at the moment
login root
password nosoup4u
then donation request
root@squeezeplug:~# ( What do I enter here? )

Your help greatly appreciated thankyou

Mick

Mnyb
2014-06-06, 20:56
Suppose you post this in one of the squeezeplug treads with a more descriptive title .

Grumpy Bob
2014-06-06, 22:17
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up squeezebox on my raspberry pi, have downloaded latest version and installed on sd card, gone through everything and have logged in with required Login and password all good.
But then I am asked to make a donation to Squeezebox( more than willing to do so) but then will I be sent a code to proceed further in installation this does not seem clear.
this is where I am at at the moment
login root
password nosoup4u
then donation request

Your help greatly appreciated thankyou

Mick

Useful information at the Squeezeplug wiki (http://www.squeezeplug.eu/wiki/index.php/SqueezePlug) - and in particular this section on configuring Squeezeplug (http://www.squeezeplug.eu/wiki/index.php/SqueezePlug#Configure_SqueezePlug).

From the command prompt, enter the command setup and go from there. You don't need to donate to proceed - at least not with the image I've used. (I will probably donate next time I see the prompt, because I think Squeezeplug is pretty good.)

Robert

PS Mnyb is right, there's a better place to post for information on Squeezeplug...there are Squeezeplug threads in the 3rd Party Hardware forum...

2ee4
2014-06-07, 00:50
Thankyou for taking the time to reply, will give that a go, sorry I apppear to be in wrong thread
But I am learning as I go

Many thanks

Mick......................

Grumpy Bob
2014-06-07, 02:29
It's quite straightforward to set up, but if you have any difficulty you can always burn a new image to the SD card...
I boot first with a wired connection to the router, then set up wifi. I don't use keyboard, mouse or monitor - I use ssh from my laptop to connect. If you are using a hard drive with the music files you're likely to need a powered USB hub.
If you're using the Pi only as a player (rather than a server) I'd recommend looking at piCorePlayer - see the long thread in the Linux/Unix forum.

Robert

tfec
2014-06-07, 05:26
'setup', thats all.

Thomas