PDA

View Full Version : Power Switch II for LMS in Mac OS X

vett93
2014-05-31, 08:14
I just switched to Mac from Windows and need some help on the power switch control plugin, Power Switch II. I have been using Power Switch II to turn off the amplifier and so I can listen to the music using SB3 before falling into sleep. The plugin Power Switch II on my Windows PC has been working great in the last 7 years. However, the Mac version of LMS does not seem to have this plugin.

Can anyone suggest what I can do? I usually set the timer for 30 minutes and then listen to the music and fall into sleep. Thanks.

vett93
2014-06-23, 21:39
Any Mac users out there?

Pascal Hibon
2014-06-23, 22:05
Any Mac users out there?

Not a mac user but I guess that this plugin would be available on all platforms.
There is a good chance that the plugin is "out of date" since it hasn't been updated since 2008.
You probbaly need to edit the install.xml file and modify the maxversion tag so that it wll install on whatever LMS version you are running. Or you could just set it to "any" version:

<maxVersion>*</maxVersion>

Then install the plugin manually.
You can download the plugin from here: http://www.gwendesign.com/slimserver/dev_hard_and_software.htm#powerswitchii

vett93
2014-06-28, 10:04
Thanks. The PowerSwitch II's maxVersion was "any" already, even though it was last updated in 2008. I manually installed the plugin and it did show up on Mac LMS's active plugin list. However, the SB3 cannot control the power with Mac LMS server. If I change the LMS server back to Windows version, it works.

I am at lost.....

Pascal Hibon
2014-06-28, 16:19
Thanks. The PowerSwitch II's maxVersion was "any" already, even though it was last updated in 2008. I manually installed the plugin and it did show up on Mac LMS's active plugin list. However, the SB3 cannot control the power with Mac LMS server. If I change the LMS server back to Windows version, it works.

I am at lost.....

I haven't used this plugin for a while now, but it used to run on my ReadyNAS. So I'm guessing it should be multi platform.
Maybe you could try to enable logging for the plugin and the check the logs. Maybe it has some useful information?

vett93
2014-06-28, 22:07
How do I enable logging for the plugin? Where do I see the logs? Thanks.

Pascal Hibon
2014-06-29, 01:37
I don't remember if the plugin provided additional logging or not but if it does then you need to set it in Settings -> Advanced -> Logging.
At the top of that page you'll see links to the log files as well.
If you want to know the exact location to the log files then have a look at the bottom of the page in Settings -> Information.

vett93
2014-06-29, 10:40
Thank you for the help. I did almost everything right except I forgot that I needed to config the plugin form the player as well. After I did that, everything works like before.

I appreciate your help.