PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to server - anyone want an original squeezebox?

dyson
2014-05-25, 08:32
I've given up on keeping my original sqeezebox alive. It will not connect to the server software and with my very limited tech skills I cannot find a way to make it work. It may be fine and the problem elsewhere, or not. I've got the squeezebox in a drawer and if anyone would like it please respond to this thread and include an email address so we can coordinate.

I'll miss the readout of song info as well as squeezeserver, especially the ability to pick 2 or 3 generes and random play a mix. It was great while it lasted!

So what am I doing now to stream music? I had a old Apple Airport on hand so I added it to my network and will now stream music through it to my receiver. The remote control app on my iphone/ipad will allow me to control itunes from anywhere in the house.

These forums are a great resource. Thanks to all of you for the helpful info that kept me running up till now. --D.

jimbobvfr400
2014-05-25, 10:27
Just a thought but did you know if you install iPeng and the optional playback in app purchase then you can use your iPhone and iPads as players, playing via airplay to your amp. Still pretty much your plan but better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dyson
2014-05-25, 19:54
D.

chenrikson
2014-05-26, 06:33
I've given up on keeping my original sqeezebox alive. It will not connect to the server software and with my very limited tech skills I cannot find a way to make it work. It may be fine and the problem elsewhere, or not. I've got the squeezebox in a drawer and if anyone would like it please respond to this thread and include an email address so we can coordinate.

I'll miss the readout of song info as well as squeezeserver, especially the ability to pick 2 or 3 generes and random play a mix. It was great while it lasted!

So what am I doing now to stream music? I had a old Apple Airport on hand so I added it to my network and will now stream music through it to my receiver. The remote control app on my iphone/ipad will allow me to control itunes from anywhere in the house.

These forums are a great resource. Thanks to all of you for the helpful info that kept me running up till now. --D.

Sure. karin.craig1@verizon.net

Craig

dyson
2014-05-27, 16:02
Craig, I emailed you. Did you get the message? --Dale

chenrikson
2014-06-02, 06:17

No -- I don't think so -- try me again as I am still interested.

Craig

chenrikson
2014-06-04, 07:00

Dale -- No e-mails from you at all, which is strange as there are no other problems with my mail. Try Craig.Henrikson@Gmail.com

chenrikson
2014-06-12, 18:25
Dale -- No e-mails from you at all, which is strange as there are no other problems with my mail. Try Craig.Henrikson@Gmail.com

Dele -- Came through just fine!! A white one with Slim Devices Logo, White remote and original manual. Works like new!!! I can find nothing wrong!

Sorry about that :-)

Craig

chenrikson
2014-06-29, 18:12
The Classic was in perfect condition and sold on Ebay without any problems. Dale has received a portion of the selling price so we should all be happy that the Squeezebox was still alive!!