PDA

View Full Version : 'Play from here' feature

Pascal Hibon
2014-05-23, 09:44
I recently bought a box set of a great Belgian artist (http://www.qobuz.com/album/le-coffret-essentiel-arno/0825646281978). The box set has 13 discs with a total of 169 tracks. By the way, I bought the box set as a download and not on physical media. While browsing through this ‘huge album’ I wondered if anyone else was missing a “play from here” function. The idea is to be able to play an album from a certain track in the album. For example start playing the album from track 146 and up. There could be an additional menu “play from here” in the context menu.

How do you cope with this?

JJZolx
2014-05-23, 10:03
Settings > Player Settings > Play Other Songs In Album

Seems to work everywhere except in the web interface. Navigate to a track within an album, press 'Play' and it queues up the whole album and begins playback at that track.

Pascal Hibon
2014-05-23, 12:04

Seems to work everywhere except in the web interface. Navigate to a track within an album, press 'Play' and it queues up the whole album and begins playback at that track.

That is actually the default setting.
But this never seemed to work for me... but I used it the wrong way. I always used the play function from the context menu and that does not work (iPeng).
Thanks for the heads up! This feature is exactly what I need.

pippin
2014-05-23, 12:53
Um, in iPeng you also just need to tap the track,
Actually back in the days when this was not the default setting iPeng went to great length to override it because it was always supposed to work like this :)

Pascal Hibon
2014-05-24, 00:31
Um, in iPeng you also just need to tap the track,

Yes, that was what I was doing wrong.

Bucket of Vyno
2014-05-25, 15:14

Wow, so that's how you do it!

Thanks JJ (and Pascal for raising it.)