Run Squeezelite alongside pimusicbox (mopidy)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southafricanrob
    • Feb 2014

Run Squeezelite alongside pimusicbox (mopidy)

Hi,
    I am trying to setup squeezelite to run in the background on the Pimusicbox (raspberry pi) but am getting this error:

Code:
    [12:56:31.996495] test_open:124 playback open error: Device or resource busy
    [12:56:31.999410] output_init_common:365 unable to open output device
    Any suggestions as to what this error means?
    Thanks,
  • bakker_be
    • May 2009

It probably means your output device of choice is already reserved by the MPD Daemon
    Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
    Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
    Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• southafricanrob
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by bakker_be
      It probably means your output device of choice is already reserved by the MPD Daemon
      Any idea how to release audio from mpd then when squeezelite is active?

Comment

• bakker_be
        • May 2009

Originally posted by southafricanrob
        Any idea how to release audio from mpd then when squeezelite is active?
        A quick google search leads me to think that's not really possible. To me that leaves you with 2 possible scenarios:
        1. You want only one service/application running at any time
          ±Solution:launch both Services/application with a script stopping the other depending on the need
        2. You want both active
          ±Solution: Add a second output device (USB dac??) and configure each service application to use a specific output device.

Personally I'd opt for the second solution in both cases, as it's "simpler". I'm not fluent enough in Linux to offer you a ready-made solution for either, but with some googling + trawling the CSOS & Squeezelite threads on this forum I think you'll be able to manage
        Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
        Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
        Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• southafricanrob
          • Feb 2014

Thanks - good idea - have almost managed to get each using different output - haven't managed to get settings to hold after reboot but shouldnt be too tricky.

Comment

• jimbobvfr400
            • Aug 2012

When I had a similar issue with running SqueezePlay and Shairport together on my Joggler the solution was to use Alsamixer for the sound output, no idea if that's feasible at all but just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...