PDA

View Full Version : Run Squeezelite alongside pimusicbox (mopidy)

southafricanrob
2014-05-16, 06:03
Hi,
I am trying to setup squeezelite to run in the background on the Pimusicbox (http://pimusicbox.com) (raspberry pi) but am getting this error:

[12:56:31.996495] test_open:124 playback open error: Device or resource busy
[12:56:31.999410] output_init_common:365 unable to open output device

Any suggestions as to what this error means?
Thanks,

bakker_be
2014-05-16, 13:19
It probably means your output device of choice is already reserved by the MPD Daemon

southafricanrob
2014-05-16, 14:47
It probably means your output device of choice is already reserved by the MPD Daemon

Any idea how to release audio from mpd then when squeezelite is active?

bakker_be
2014-05-19, 07:57
Any idea how to release audio from mpd then when squeezelite is active?
A quick google search leads me to think that's not really possible. To me that leaves you with 2 possible scenarios:

You want only one service/application running at any time
±Solution:launch both Services/application with a script stopping the other depending on the need
You want both active
±Solution: Add a second output device (USB dac??) and configure each service application to use a specific output device.

Personally I'd opt for the second solution in both cases, as it's "simpler". I'm not fluent enough in Linux to offer you a ready-made solution for either, but with some googling + trawling the CSOS & Squeezelite threads on this forum I think you'll be able to manage ;)

southafricanrob
2014-05-23, 00:40
Thanks - good idea - have almost managed to get each using different output - haven't managed to get settings to hold after reboot but shouldnt be too tricky.

jimbobvfr400
2014-05-23, 15:10
When I had a similar issue with running SqueezePlay and Shairport together on my Joggler the solution was to use Alsamixer for the sound output, no idea if that's feasible at all but just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk