PDA

View Full Version : Squeezelite on a Raspberry Pi output to both 3.5 and I2S or HDMI same time? Possible?

gijosh28
2014-05-04, 19:17
Hi,

Is it possible to configure any of the Pi players (squeezelite, squeezeslave, picoreplayer, squeezeplug, etc), to send the audio out both the 3.5mm jack and the HDMI, or the 3.5mm jack and the Hifiberry I2S DAC?

My backyard pi, is going to go to and AMP (via the hifiberry) that feeds two rock speakers. But I also want to use a pair of AR AWS63s on the patio, which have a wireless RF transmitter with a 3.5mm input. I don't need a separate Pi/Squeezebox for on the patio, because the backyard is always going to play the same music, and the AWS63s are powered speakers.

Thanks,
Josh

JackOfAll
2014-05-05, 01:19
Is it possible to configure any of the Pi players (squeezelite, squeezeslave, picoreplayer, squeezeplug, etc), to send the audio out both the 3.5mm jack and the HDMI, or the 3.5mm jack and the Hifiberry I2S DAC?

You need to create an ALSA config, specifically combining 2 hardware devices into one virtual device and using that virtual device as the squeezelite output device.

gijosh28
2014-05-05, 06:08
You need to create an ALSA config, specifically combining 2 hardware devices into one virtual device and using that virtual device as the squeezelite output device.

JackOfAll,

Thanks for the suggestion. Are there any threads here where someone has done something like that? Any suggested reading on figuring out how to do that?

Thanks,
Josh

JackOfAll
2014-05-05, 07:40
Thanks for the suggestion. Are there any threads here where someone has done something like that? Any suggested reading on figuring out how to do that?

You want a "multi" config. Google "alsa multiple output" for plenty of discussion of the subject. This, Simultaneous audio output in ALSA for Linux and XBMC (http://ehelion.net/projects/alsa/alsa.html), is fairly typical.