PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox v.3 connect to Mac via ethernet-wifi?

ghulseman
2014-04-23, 09:01
I want to set up a Wifi 'N' network in our house, but apparently the Squeezebox v. 3 is only compatible with up to b/g standard.

My Mac computer (server) is in another part of the house and is connected to our current WiFi b/g network. Is it possible to hook the Squeezebox v.3 to an ethernet router (using an ethernet cable) where the Apple Base Station is also connected. In other words, is it possible to set up a network like this?

Squeezebox --> ethernet cable --> ethernet hub --> airport base station --> wifi --> Mac Mini.

I just bought a used Squeezebox Touch for $400 on eBay, but I'd like to keep the Squeezebox v. 3 going as well. It's weird that there are no forums set up specifically for the Squeezebox v. 3. Am I just out of luck here?

DanH
2014-04-23, 10:59
My router does b/g/n simultaneously. I would have to go in to the setup screen and turn off b/g to get a pure n wireless network. Does your router only do n?

ghulseman
2014-04-23, 12:14
My router does b/g/n simultaneously. I would have to go in to the setup screen and turn off b/g to get a pure n wireless network. Does your router only do n?

Oh my gosh, you're right. It's an Apple Base Station and what I thought was the b/g setting is actually 'N' setting (b/g compatible).

I was wanting to use the 'N' only setting (2.4. ghz), assuming it was faster. Maybe it is, but probably not worth losing the Squeezebox v.3.