PDA

View Full Version : Triode spotify plugin - "your music" feature

MikeSB
2014-04-13, 22:37
Spotify have finally added the "your music" feature which allows you to organise your music by artist album rather than playlists.
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/04/02/spotify-paints-it-black-with-new-look/

Is this something that would be relatively straightforward to add to the plugin? Or is not currently available in the API? I appreciate that the plugin already contains a library feature but that only works within the squeezebox environment - I also use spotify on the iphone, iPad etc.

Thanks

Mike

AlkaPest
2014-04-14, 13:18
I was wondering the same thing.... i was also wonder whether this was related to why the app has stopped working for me all of a sudden!

Triode
2014-04-14, 13:24
Spotify have finally added the "your music" feature which allows you to organise your music by artist album rather than playlists.
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/04/02/spotify-paints-it-black-with-new-look/

Is this something that would be relatively straightforward to add to the plugin? Or is not currently available in the API? I appreciate that the plugin already contains a library feature but that only works within the squeezebox environment - I also use spotify on the iphone, iPad etc.

Thanks

Mike

There is no update to the spotify library so I can't offer any new features I'm afraid.

MikeSB
2014-04-15, 05:21
There is no update to the spotify library so I can't offer any new features I'm afraid.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've just cancelled my spotify description. It seems clear to me that spotify are only really interested now in pushing the spotify connect feature and are not willing to add new features such as this and the radio functionality to the API. It's a similar story on Sonos.

it's annoying because I still think spotify is the best out there (certainly in terms of catalogue) but I'm not willing to continue paying a premium subscription without access to all the functionality. I'm switching to a different service - most likely qobuz - a more limited catalogue but probably better sound quality.