PDA

View Full Version : Album List Group By Artist

wcndave
2014-04-13, 04:52
Is there any display mode / plugin which does

select album,artist from albums order by artist,album.

so I would get

ABBA: ABBA
Arrival
The Visitors
Adele: 19

etc...

When browsing lists of albums, I would rather they were grouped and sorted by artist.

Not a biggie but I thought perhaps someone had done this.

pippin
2014-04-13, 05:21
In the web interface? There's a setting to sort the albums by artist

wcndave
2014-04-13, 05:42
I went through every page of the web interface before I posted. Either I am being blind, or it's not there...

jfo
2014-04-13, 09:28
I went through every page of the web interface before I posted. Either I am being blind, or it's not there...

On the web interface, open Albums , then open the box in the lower left corner and select sort by Artist, Album.

wcndave
2014-04-13, 10:31
Ah ok, but no way to do this on touch, boom, duet, phone, joggler?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

aubuti
2014-04-13, 10:36
On all SqueezeOS devices (Touch, Radio, SB Controller, SqueezePlay) use the settings on the players themselves: Settings > Advanced > Album Sort Method

For phone, it depends on which app you're using. Can't help you with the Joggler.

EDIT: On the Boom itself, I don't remember, but that may not be possible.

wcndave
2014-04-14, 23:55
Perfect - Thanks!

Bit of an obscure place to have it, and it was the only item not in alpha order so was at the bottom of the settings - but it works perfectly.

I also notice the big artwork version on the web interface, I can't see that on the touch etc, so I assume that does not exist.

Just trying to make the best UI possible on the joggler before I roll out 4 of them, and my friends are starting to ask me to build some for them...

aubuti
2014-04-15, 11:22
Heh, I guess they didn't want to put "Advanced" at the top of the list because then anyone could stumble into it. And this isn't exactly an advanced feature, but then neither are many of the items under "Advanced", especially "About"! ;-)

You're right that there is no equivalent of the large artwork browsing on the screen of the Touch or Radio.