PDA

View Full Version : Squeezeplay Odd Behavior

dasmueller
2014-04-11, 14:40
I run Squeezeplay 7.5.0 on my Windows 7 PC. Today I noticed that it was for some reason picking up songs which it should not be. If I search using My Music and look at No Artist or Various Artists I find tracks that appear there that are correctly tagged I think. I checked the tags using Mp3Tag and they appear OK. Using the Web interface they do not show under No Artist or Various Artists. I have a folder where I store portions of folders after adding them to my library and it appears that for some reason Squeezeplay is finding a small number of tracks from this folder. It appears that some are Mp3 files that are samples from shows downloaded from the internet.

Not really a problem but an odd behavior.

garym
2014-04-13, 06:14
Hmmm, Based on your description, I'm assuming that this 'temporary' folder is not underneath your LMS music directory. That would have been my first thought. But doesn't sound applicable to your setting. My second thought is that these stray songs are referenced in some playlist that LMS is seeing. Is there perhaps a playlist connected with one of these albums referencing these mp3 samples. Only the playlist would need to be seen by LMS, even if songs are outside LMS directory. But even here I'm confused as to why the LMS web interface doesn't show these (and only squeezeplay does).

dasmueller
2014-04-13, 06:51
Interesting. I do not often use playlists. I went to My Music, Playlists and there was a category-Recently Added. It had the files I was seeing plus a whole lot more that were not appearing that way. It did not however contain everything I have recently added. Something is triggering that behavior but I have no clue. I the went to the Web interface and deleted that category. I closed and reopened Squeezeplay and they are still there. Perhaps a Clear Library and Rescan Everything is necessary to completely delete them.

dasmueller
2014-04-13, 06:58
Went back and found a listing for 90s music under Playlists as well that had one album in it that I also deleted. ReopenedSqueezeplay and they are now gone. I wish I knew what was causing this to happen. The files that appeared are not all in one location either.

garym
2014-04-13, 07:14
Went back and found a listing for 90s music under Playlists as well that had one album in it that I also deleted. ReopenedSqueezeplay and they are now gone. I wish I knew what was causing this to happen.

Some rippers create auto playlists for albums. Also some live shows include playlist files along with tracks. I'd go to the LMS playlist directory, delete any stray playlists, the do a clear and rescan. I wonder if some of these stray playlists were caused by iTunes. Did you ever use iTunes integration in the past? Maybe a leftover effect?

dasmueller
2014-04-13, 07:49
Although I do not use ITunes that box was checked in Settings. I unchecked it. Checking the folders where the albums appear in both my library and the other locations where they are, they do not contain playlists. They were also not from ripped material, all downloaded but not from ITunes.