PDA

View Full Version : Still Love My Squeeze But Hardly Use Logitech Kit Now

Blisteringblue
2014-04-05, 11:49
While I still love Squeezebox and LMS, as the title suggests I don't really use the squeezebox kit.

I mainly listen while I work on my home office PC running LMS using Local Player. Decent sound-card and decent 2.1 speakers.

My daughter has claimed the Boom, and while she loves it, it pains me the amount of One Direction it now plays :o

My Receiver has been playing up, it drops its settings far too often and while it can be recovered its a bit of a pain because I don't have the logitech remote, I was a cheapskate when I got it and configured using tools in the forum.

So my downstairs listening tends to be via my iphone running ipeng to a nice Sony Bluetooth Speaker I got for Christmas.

I think its only the third party pluggins that are keeping me here to be honest. I just could not live without Sugarcube Spicefly and Smartmix, not to mention the millions of rated songs I have with Erlands great plugins.

Isn't it funny how things change.

I think I'm basically saying long live LMS :eek:

GeeJay
2014-04-05, 12:04
Not surprised that Erland's plugins are perhaps the main reason you stick with LMS. It DOES surprise me, however, that with all the new products coming on the market, not one appears to be putting any effort in replicating some of the functionality he brought to the table.

Blisteringblue
2014-04-05, 12:22
All my pals seem to have Sonos kit now and when I describe what I do with the plugins for LMS they are amazed. They seem to do very little other than simply play music and spotify.

Don't get me wrong, I still dust off the boom and the receiver when we are entertaining because they are great for multi-room music, but they aren't essential anymore.

Mike Meyer
2014-04-07, 06:02
My daughter has claimed the Boom, and while she loves it, it pains me the amount of One Direction it now plays :o

This sounds painfully familiar. :)